Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

It's another rainy day. Makes me soo sleepy! But at least I got to wear jeans today. I had Handle With Care training this morning (where I learn how to put patients in proper restraints) fun fun

I'm really hoping it clears up this afternoon so I can run outside. It has gotten to the point to where I do not enjoy any other kind of exercise near as much. I don't know what I'm going to do when it is too cold to run this winter.

Jenn: Thank You! And awesome idea to freeze individual bowls. I think I will do that tonight actually. I'm sorry you had a rough morning... I hate those types of mornings. Fingers crossed that your pretty new clothes aren't stained!

Number: Thank You! And congrats on your mini victory.. I always feel so accomplished when I add the slightest bit of distance to my run.

Rissa: Thank You .... I'm glad you had a greatish weekend! haha
I always feel slightly more motivated when I have those little "talks" with friends who are also looking to lose weight. They really get me focused and help me realize that there are other people out there in the same boat and we are all completely capable of losing the weight.
And great job on the 3 mile run. That is my goal for right now. I've been going 1.5 so I need to double that. I think I'll be there before too long!

Rainbow: Yay for sore muscles! I hope they aren't too bad though. I'm glad you enjoyed running outside so much... if you are anything like me it will become and addiction. There is just something about being outside in the fresh air while working out that motivates me so much more. I've been feeling extra hungry lately too... what's the deal? It needs to GO AWAY!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Just a quick check in today - might post again later but right now I should be exercising and delivering a painting for a charity auction so I need to go!

Weighed in this morning, nice to see a drop even if it was a small one, hoping for something a bit bigger after TOM disappears.

Inception last night was pretty good! I started needing to pee really badly about half way through though, and was afraid if I went, I'd miss out on something important so I spent the last half of the movie trying to focus on what was going on but my brain was just thinking "pee, pee, pee" haha. Completely my fault, but oh well.

Today after I exercise and drop off the painting I'm going to relax with some downloaded tv I think. Will probably make dinner as well - I am keen to make green beans like my sister made in the weekend with lots of garlic, lemon juice and a bit of chili flakes.

Hope you ladies are well, sorry for no personals!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

Thanks for all the advice re-studying! I did REALLY well on my bio-i am 99% i got every single one right actually. It was so much easier then i expected, he really went easy on us! I mean i spent hours outlining and reading prior-but then again if i had been keeping UP to date i would not have had to. Chem won't be going that well, i actually am considering withdrawing. It's lame, but if i take it next semester it will be the only challenging class i have-instead of 2 science. My advisor had warned me about my course load and i should have opted for sociology instead. I could focus that much more on my classes now-but i should have been more on top of this.
Tomorrow i have a test in math, i hate hate math. Which is why i have more issues w/chem. Chem and math together in one semester wasn't my smartest choice for my first time back in school after being out of the game this long.
I really struggled at the gym today- i hate that lately its that much harder instead of easier. I focus heavily on intervals and maintaining a certain speed during the higher resistence, but at the end today i was DRAGGING myself to the bike for the last part of my workout. I was shaking at the end, blah. There's nothing better then the end when i know i managed to get through it though. Eventually i really need to change up my workouts-but so far i'm getting good results and kinda in this *must keep it up* b/c its "working". I know very well its key to mix it up (though thats even more so w/weights-which i uh, still never do. i mean mixing up cardio is impo too-but i've been lucky throughout the years in getting results w/ a lot of intervals in my workouts. I need to be running more)

casey- Score on the dish you made! I used to utilize the crock pot when i was living w/my ex a lot while we were at work. That also sounds yummy! I was actually a veggie for 5 years, but this year i started eating meat again. I however seemed to mainly start eating it in such an unhealthy period (b/c i mean i binged my way up to this weight) so i am considering going back (though not cutting out fish/dairy. years ago i was vegan, and while its def possible to get all you need i didn't manage and lack the funds to do so at this moment and my diet is super restrictive). Idk totally, chick/turkey is so lean and such when you get the right choices, but i'm on the fence.
You and I are pretty close weight wise- i just got into the 150's and its really good to be out of the 160's. Also good to keep working on keeping a balance w/the scale b/c i know that drives us both nutty at times! I'm not doing as well avoiding it lately, but oh well. Thursday will just be that much better for ya.

Number8- Thanks, i took your advice! My biggest issue is putting it off lately, and theres no excuse for that!
Congrats on the added time to your run! I am still not back into running for real yet, but the day i went for 20 i was really excited. I think you'll be up to 30 before you think you will be actually!

Rissa- Yeah i really do need to figure out the right ways to go about learning for different classes- i always just kinda crammed it all in/read/memorized and esp for things like chem which is a lot of application its different.
I again really admire, and hope to learn and work on doing so myself the ways your working on yourself. I really have got to work to be more positive, very much so. I allow everything to turn negative in my head far too quickly, and i need to put more effort forth in not having that be so automatic.
I well, i pretty much weigh in daily-and i eventually want to work on not doing that. The week prior i didn't weigh in for 5 days straight-but then again i was avoiding the scale. I know my weight loss is just going to slow, and then that will really upset me so i want to get a handle on it b/c i know i get too obsessive. Some people don't and do great w/weighing in daily- but w/the daily flucuation possible it can get a bit much.
Sounds like you had a great weekend, and GREAT run!
Eventually i hope to meet some people w/healthier options i can hang out w/ but then again i really don't get to meet a lot of people (and also am still in this hide/hide/hide stage)

rainbow- Girl be super proud of yourself for that accomplishment, and those are things you can just build off of! You were super hungry last night and i am tonight! I actually ate less then usual, which is that much rougher but when i am this hungry i get so scared of overeating so i get really tough on myself. Not fun.

jenn- Ah! I hate it when that happens, hope the shirt is ok.
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

So I'm new to the board but have posted a few times already & thought I'd join in! To everyone around me that knows me I'm a BIG sugar & coke addict! I joined this website hoping the help of people that are going threw the same stuff as me & my husband will help me lose the weight I want! I just had my 2nd child on August 20th and before I delivered I was 215 ..3 weeks later I'm 4 lbs light then what I was before I got pregnant with him..I now weigh 193. I'm sure its all the morning sickness and water weight and whatever else going off but it did give me a huge boost of confidence that maybe my body is capable of dropping weight! So today is day 2 of no cokes..and I just had my first "healthy dinner." (By the way anyone that can give me some advice on better healthy meals I'd appreciate it..it wasn't that good.)
So I decided it'd be best for me to weigh in every 2 weeks. I was 193 on Saturday so my next weigh in date is Sept. 25th until then I guess I will keep everyone posted day-to-day on how things are going. I hope everyone has had a good day!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #20  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

~*Cata*~ your such a trooper on the work out! I hope you did great on your test - what's your major?

~*JL*~ My SO is a huge soda fiend. He's switched to diet coke with lime- and coke zero . A few years ago I quit drinking pepsi and it was tough! I didn't realize how addicted to sugar and caffeine I was. I'm still a Caffeine addict but I've switched to coffee - no sugar.

~* my day was pretty uneventful but I did finally buy a scale of my own! (no more trips to walmart for a weigh in for me!! My SO was SHOCKED to find out he weighs 40Lbs more then he thought he did so I think that may be the kick in the pants he needed!
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

I have a busy next few weeks ahead of me. It is 2:30am and I woke up after having to go pee.

No personals rain –tsk tsk, I expect more from you……….j/k

Cata – I had coffee with a third year in my company who is one module ahead of me, and she gave me some good study tips. Things I know, but do not like doing. But this time, I will do it. I am actually kind of excited to study for my Oct 1 exam. (Kind of). But I have to complete two tasks first (they are weekly tasks, one due Sept 17 and the other Sept 24) and my Saturday is filling up so I just need to balance my time over the next three weeks. Intervals are highly effective. And I really believe positive is just about practice. My daily meditating is going ok. Right now I am managing 1-2 mins every other day. On one hand that does not seem like a lot, but on the other hand it is the consistency in meditation (like exercise) that creates the benefits. If I can first make it consistent, then I can start to increase the time (kind of like running).

JL – yes your body is capable of dropping the weight. And welcome!!! I do not envy your pop addiction. But as a person that enjoys sugar, one way to get off “processed sugars” is to eat fruit. Berries and fresh pineapple help. Sub those in when you have a sugar craving. I don’t really crave sugar any more (when I am eating healthy and clean). In time you will be able to eat sugar in moderation.

Oh, guess what – I am in the 180s. And I am “asstastic”. I wore a work dress Tuesday to work and in the mirror, I was pleased to see that my behind is looking asstastic. I even showed it off to a friend at a recruiting event.

My postings might be less and less as the next 3 weeks go on. Between working on a job, training, and studying, it is a bit much.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #22  

Another quick post from me, it's just after 10 and I'm about to head to bed I think, feeling tired which is pretty silly considering I had a semi-sleep in this morning! Just wanted to post a few personals, sorry if they're in no particular order hehe.

Risssa 180's! GO YOU!! Yay! Asstastic - I like it. I think it will be a while before I look asstastic, my *** is not one of my favourite features and never has been haha - but maybe that will change! You sound like you're about to get really busy! I hope all the studying goes well and the weekly tasks and stuff are manageable! And don't worry about not posting as much - I'm sure everyone has periods of time where it's just not feasible - keep us updated when you can

cataAh man, math. I really hope your test went ok. I was terrible in math in school, I dropped it as soon as I could which was after Fifth Form/10th Grade and never went back. I literally have next to no skills in maths. It's embarrassing at times! Don't you hate when exercise you are getting used to doing seems to be becoming harder? After my first jog/walk on Monday my stationary biking was 5 times harder than usual yesterday and my Turbo Jam workout today also left me a lot sweatier than usual. Good on you for persevering with your workout though! I know if I had to drag myself onto another part of a workout, I would most likely give up - but I envy your dedication so much!

casey The extra hungriness is so frustrating! I know I've eaten enough, and enough of the right stuff, but I'm craving things like muffins and cakes - probably because I haven't had any at all in the last 8 weeks. It's not like they were even things I had normally, but there just hasn't been an occasion where they've been offered! It's my birthday in a couple of weeks though and my boyfriend said he'd make me "the most amazing cake I've ever seen" (his words) so I guess I'll wait for that hah! I hope the rain cleared up for your run! I really really did enjoy my brief foray into the outside world of exercise - I am looking forward to trying again - but the muscles are ridiculously sore haha, so much so that I'm taking my day off exercise tomorrow (Thurs) because I am worried if I don't give them a break I'll just exacerbate it and they'll never get a chance to recover!

JLNichols Hey! Welcome What was the "healthy meal" that wasn't that good to eat? What kind of things do you like to eat?

Number8 Yay for buying a scale! I know it's not the most important part of this journey, but I guess it's helpful to not have to walk to a Walmart! I would love to be able to walk to a Walmart haha. I am so ridiculous, living in New Zealand and having only been to the US a few times, I am obsessed with all the shops and stuff you have there. My dream right now is to go shopping at Target - I am probably crazy! Maybe your SO will get in on this with you and you'll have more even more support from him!

~~

Nothing new to add for myself. As I said... about to go to bed - I have been typing for 20 minutes on here hah! So yes, bed, then day off exercise tomorrow (unless I wake up and my muscles have magically healed). It's also a day I don't work, so I'm thinking of FINALLY treating myself to a massage at the mall. I've been meaning to for a couple of weeks but last week even leaving the house felt like an effort so I'll see how I go tomorrow.
Hope you ladies all wake up to good days!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #23  

Sore throat again... Really? How is it humanly possible to be this sick so often. Especially since I'm eating healthy, working out everyday, and taking vitamins. I was sick 3 weeks ago, was well for 1 week.. REALLY sick the next week... well last week, and now here I am again with a sniffly nose and sore throat. If I am not feeling better tomorrow I WILL go to the doctor I promise.

Rainbow: I hate that, I do that all of the time at movies. Sometimes drinking a GALLON of water a day can be such an inconvenience haha.. And you should definitely take a break from exercise. Sometimes our bodies need it, and if you are that sore then I think it would be a perfect day to go get a massage. Ahh that sounds amazing, I'm jealous.

Cata-We are very close! I'm not doing as well with staying off of the scale either. I usually weigh Monday thru Friday. But I have made Thursday my *official* weigh in day and some how this makes me not so obsessive. For awhile I ONLY weighed once a week, so if I feel myself starting to obsess again or if I am feeling down over a STUPID number I will stop weighing again. As hard as I work, and as amazing as I feel after my runs and a day of healthy eating I can't believe I let a number get me down. I REALLY need to start measuring. Because, while I've only lost 10 lbs since I've started back, I can really see a difference in the mirror and in my clothes.

JL-Welcome! I'm with Rissa, of course your body is capable of dropping weight! Give us a better idea of what you are eating and maybe we can help you out in that department. Jenn is always posting some amazing recipes!

Number-Congrats on buying a new scale... that's always exciting Just try not to get obsessive like me and Cata!

Rissa- I'm so happy you are asstastic today girl haha, I love it! There is nothing like putting on an outfit and feeling HOT! Confidence is key I'm proud of you! And don't worry about posting less... sounds like you are going to be busy busy busy.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:00 AM   #24  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey all...So I'm back with a new diet. Was going to do to Jenny Craig, but the woman I met with was beyond horrible. So I'm going to try EDiets. I don't have to cook, which is always a plus in my book. I just have to make a salad and buy fruits and stuff..which is no prob. I'm hoping to lose something by Christmas. I just hated seeing myself in all the family pictures we took while I was in Az. I look pasty and pudgy. LoL!! So when I'm back there at the end of December, I want to look a little better.

Anyways...I should be off to bed. Nighty nite.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #25  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I have been in sch a crappy head space lately. Now that I feel a bit better, I have this horrible eye ache/headache thing. Every time I stand up or squat down it worsens. Workout def. outta the question.

I slept all day and didn't eat dinner until midnight because of it. And that was only because mother woke me up.

oy...off the watch some old BL Australia since sleep aint happenin
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #26  

casey You have the worst luck with sore throats and illnesses! I really hope you feel a lot better soon! I ended up getting a massage today, it was quite good! Want more though haha, I always want more.

shopaholicHello! I hope the diet works out for you!

JMFan Sounds like a migraine to me... I hope you feel better soon.

~~

I got my massage today, took my day off exercising and my muscles are already feeling better. I ended up spending the last hour in bed (it's now 6.28pm) because about an hour after I ate my lunch (chicken and vege stir fry with soba noodles) I ended up feeling really sick. I think perhaps the chicken wasn't quite at it's best, I should have known when my cat didn't want to eat the scraps when I was trimming it! I didn't throw up but did feel really nasty. Feel much better now though and I'm about to start getting ready to prepare dinner - I'm making mini turkey meatloaves in muffin tins, found the recipe in the calorie counters section here and am adapting it a bit to my own tastes. Hope it works out ok!

I went bra shopping today because the one I've been wearing pretty much nonstop for the last year is just not fitting right anymore. It's too big in the band and doesn't give me enough support. Combination of probably being too big and also having been worn too much. I hate bra shopping I have to say. I tried on 7 bras in various different sizes and came away with nothing. NOTHING! I still have no idea what size I am so I went bra shopping in my own room and found one that is a cup size smaller than I currently wear and it kind of fits. Kind of. The cups are definitely not quite the right size. I think I'm between now, which is frustrating. So I'm going to wait it out until I definitely need a new bra because I don't want to waste money right now. On the plus side, I did a bit of browsing in a couple of clothing stores and tried on stuff that most likely wouldn't have fit a couple of months ago! I tried on some cute dresses but they were just not cut quite right. One was too tight in the sleeves with not enough room for boobs and the other was really cute but the boob part was too long if that makes sense... ah well. I am really looking forward to when I need some new clothes - the time isn't far away but I don't want to spend too much!

Exercise tomorrow before my half day at work and then half day followed by going out for dinner for a friends birthday. There will be a big group of us going to a Yakitori restaurant. I'm fairly confident I can order a sufficient amount without going too far over my calories, but I've kind of been allowing for tomorrow night for the rest of the week - though I don't plan to go over maintenance. I'm more worried about the fact that in situations like this we usually split the bill evenly between everyone there - and I am very unlikely to order alcoholic drinks so I don't want to pay for everyone elses! But I get that it's too hard to split it by each person so I may end up having to, it's the way those restaurants work. I'm also a little nervous as it's the first time I will have been out in ages and I know after dinner we'll probably go out somewhere. I want to enjoy myself without feeling guilty the next day. I think I'm going to try not to think too much about it - plan before I go what I'll eat and drink, and stick to it.

Alright....seems I'm back to writing essays haha. Best wishes to you ladies!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #27  

IT'S OFFICIAL! I'm in the 150's

The scale said 158.0 this morning. Which means I've lost 2 pounds for 2 weeks in a row now! It feels REALLY good to see my hard work reflect on the scale. It looks like I might actually meet my September goal!

Shopaholic- Hello! Hope to see ya around more.. good luck on jump starting your diet. There is nothing like a family photo to put our butts in gear. That's exactly what got me started (A Christmas photo from a few years ago)

JM-I agree with Rain.. sounds like a migraine or a tension headache. An Excedrin, some caffeine and sleep usually helps mine go away. I hope you feel better soon, and don't work out until you get rid of it!

Rain- I do have the worst luck. I started working at a hospital a little over a year ago, and I have been sick A LOT since I started working here. But this past month has been terrible. I guess it's just a combination of the weather and the germy atmosphere I work in. I just find it kind of ironic that I've been sick (full on sick) 3 times since I started back my healthy lifestyle. I take vitamins everyday and drink Emergen C like it's kool aid. I don't know what I can do different. I'm wondering if I'm not getting some vitamin or mineral that I was getting before I started back my healthy lifestyle... I can't imagine what it might be?? I know I'm sick of being sick though! The nurses here are on me to go to the doc and get on some anti biotics.. but I have a 30 dollar co pay, and I just don't want to! lol
I'm glad you got your massage.. that really sounds amazing right now. I have an appointment with the chiropractor today and I'm really excited.. I love it there.
Bras I hate shopping for bras. Do you have any department stores that will do a bra fitting for you? I did that last year and learned I was wearing the wrong cup size and the wrong band size. But even when I learned what size I actually needed they still all fit differently. It is annoying.
I hope you have fun on your night out. I know it's hard not to obsess over calories... trust me I do the SAME thing. But try to let loose and have a good time. I've mentioned this before but my goal is always to not over eat.. because that is when I feel miserable and have regrets. Just go.. have a good time... and eat until your full.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Again, I'm way too behind to offer up personals. Such a slacker I am!

I've let myself get wholly overwhelmed this week. I'm running around insanely, never completing one thing at one time. My husband walked in the room last night right as I sat down and asked "Whatcha doin'?" I told him I was taking a break and when he asked from what, I said doing dishes, folding laundry, cleaning up the living room, biology HW, math HW, and cleaning our bathroom. Did I finish any single one of those? Not really. Bio and math, 'cause last night I had dead lines. I've also been staying later at work which is A+ 'cause it means we're busy, but super fail by taking up my precious time

Diet wise, I am eating 95% on plan, and drinking my water properly every day. I have been hiding from the scale because I haven't been working out, BUT. NSV type of thing... my wedding rings are fitting loser. I note that because obvs I'm not retaining water or my fingers would be swollen, aaand they were feeling kinda tight up until a few days ago, so I must be doing something right. At least a little bit.

Ok, so I'm still feeling in a funk of sorts I guess. Avoiding the scale is usually an indication of that But I am absolutely determined to have things straight by the end of this weekend to help myself not go mad by the end of the semester.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

P.S. Would someone please come kick these reps in the knee for me?? They all seem to come in the same week and they ALL bring cakes and cookies!!

Not gonna lie, I totally had one soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie from the batch this morning before hiding the box in the back. Out of sight, out of mind!
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

Wednesday morning I woke up at 1am to visit the washroom and I did not fall back asleep. It threw me off the whole day.

I still went to the gym, but afterwards, I was starting to get tired. Through out the day I did not eat as usual because I was tired, I was craving carbs and sweets. By the end of the day I had a mocha, muffin, gummy bears, chocolate covered almonds, fries, and chips and dip. I ate about 7 servings of fruits and veggies and drank 2 liters of water as well.

I am not angry, frustrated, or disappointed in myself at all. 80% of what I ate, I weighed the pros and cons and made a decision. I know it was not likely the best decision, but I did it. My naturopath says "focus on making the best decision in that moment" and it has helped me to do just that and stop getting anxious about the future. But yesterday, I did not do that.

Eating at 9am and having my first meal reminded me how good I feel when I wait until 11am, 12pm to eat my first meal of the day and when it is my healthy smoothie (I follow an Intermittent Fasting regime). Today I have the leftover "munchies" (I really want a muffin) but I know if I feed my body water and healthy food, it will get back on track. Feeling like I mentally want to eat but knowing that it is better for me not to, helps me practice listening to my body and not being impulsive.

Today no gym. I have an assignment due on Friday night and I have work to do. Another reason to have a clean day. I might go for a walk after work, but my focus will be on my assignment tonight.

I feel busy, and that my stress levels can creep up on me but I know if I remember the bigger picture, prioritize, and get the work done I will be fine. These next two weeks are a test in positivity and ability to manage stress. I will pass with flying colours - when day at a time.

Sorry no personals for right now. Time to get back to work.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote