Old 08-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default I need my 3fc ladies!!

Someone PLEASE tell me why I find it completley necessary to mess up so bad when I go out drinking with my friends?! Ok this past week I wasnt perfectly on plan but I was doing a decent job. I only messed up 2 days where I ate 2,000 calories each of those days (the other days were around 1500). BUt that still wasnt so bad because thats maintenance for me and I still exercised. So I was still losing. But then for some reason I felt it was okay to SPLURGE! Put it this way, I stopped counting my calories last night at about 3,000; I didn't want to know. So I am guessing I was at around 4,000?!?

Have I messed up my 2 weeks of doing good? I feel like I did because I am ONLY 2 weeks into this. In those weeks my weight went from 138.4 to 136.4. I was so excited and now I am afraid I will have gained that back

Ladies, HOW do you go out drinking and stop yourself from eating after? Even BEFORE we started drinking, I went off plan and ate really bad. I get that stupid mind set "Oh well this is a lifestyle, I deserve to splurge when I go out; heck Im young!"

And I ALWAYS regret it in the morning. I woke up and started crying because I was so mad at myself and there was NO turning back. The calories were consumed and there was nothing I could do about it.

Help ladies!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #2  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

what done is done. You can't change that, so don't beat yourself up over that. Besides, being upset might just lead to another binge, so cheer up
Even though we're quite young, and we deserve to have what we want, but if that's what makes us feel regret and sad later then don't do it.

For me, I usually don't drink. I stop drinking. And smoking. at all. I am not allow myself to drink because I can't control what might happen when I'm drunk. It's just about will power I guess. You have to tell yourself to not do it. Since there's no one can actually stop you beside yourself.

You may mess up this time. But lesson learned. You move on and do better next time. Cause in the end, this one time cannot undo all of many many good times. Cheer up and best wishes.

~ Ann ~

Last edited by Annita; 08-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annita View Post
what done is done. You can't change that, so don't beat yourself up over that. Besides, being upset might just lead to another binge, so cheer up
Even though we're quite young, and we deserve to have what we want, but if that's what makes us feel regret and sad later then don't do it.

For me, I usually don't drink. I stop drinking. And smoking. at all. I am not allow myself to drink because I can't control what might happen when I'm drunk. It's just about will power I guess. You have to tell yourself to not do it. Since there's no one can actually stop you beside yourself.

You may mess up this time. But lesson learned. You move on and do better next time. Cause in the end, this one time cannot undo all of many many good times. Cheer up and best wishes.

~ Ann ~
Thank you for your comforting words
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

That was me on Saturday night. I consumed probably more calories between 8PM Saturday and 3AM on Sunday than I did all week long combined. The night ended with a 3 AM chili cheese hot dog. UGH.

BUT, I ran yesterday and am eating a little below my calories range (1200/ day) this week and bumping up the rest of my exercise this week to "make up" for it. I don't feel bad- I had a great time with great friends. (I actually just blogged about this very thing at leannerenee . blogspot . com)

You had an off night, so what? Just get back on program for the rest of the week. Don't let it get you down. Just think of it this way- at least you were aware of it and that counts for something! You'll get on track and have an amazing week!

Last edited by leannerenee; 08-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I so feel your pain. I don't drink much but when I go out for drinks I munch on the chips and popcorn the pub gives like crazy! Like wtf! Then I beat up myself for it. It's a vicious cycle. T.T
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 136/118/115

Height: 5'4

Dianne: Don't give up just because you had one bad day. Just make sure you stay on your goal this week. Maybe you should plan one day a week that you go out with your friends and drink. This day will be your cheat day, only what you need to do for your cheat day is allow a certain amount of calories so that you don't go too overboard! Maybe eat 1500 every day and then on your cheat day have 2500. This way you are not consuming too much more than your mtng level. Just budget your calories wisely in the first half of the day, then you will know how many calories you can "spend" while out with your friends. It may take you a few "cheat days" in order to figure out exactly what you can and cannot have. But I think if you stick with it, you will succeed. Don't give up just because you messed up, losing your weight is important to you and in the long run you will be MUCH happier! Maybe you should ask one of your closest girls to keep an eye on you... Just like when you don't want to be talking to an ugly guy, tell them to pull you away from any tempting foods that you shouldn't be eating. Having someone to reason with you might help?

Good luck, I hope you figure it out!
lilmissPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

How low are you trying to go? Just curious. I'm your height and you're just about at my goal.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/tick/120

It's not bad!!!! You are going to go drinking with your friends... and that's OK. This is about changing how you live your life, not changing how you live in the next 2 weeks.

My advice? Don't weigh yourself for a week and work on meeting your goals every day. By the end of it, I'm sure you will have progress!!

Last edited by roadrunnerrita; 08-31-2010 at 12:35 AM.
roadrunnerrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #9  

lilmiss This is EXACTLY what I do. I try to aim for 1500 a day (I still mess up with this but I am only human) and then allow myself one day around 2000. The night I went out Saturday I allowed myself 1400 calories during the day and the rest was for the drinks Id be drinking that night. Even though I planned this I STILL went off plan. And about friends keeping me away; they do the opposite!! None of them are really overweight (although they all recently have become health/weight conscious), so they encourage eating! Thank you for your encouragement though! I know next time I wont mess up.

DaughterofVenus I literally just started on another plan two weeks ago. I am not very good at sticking with plans. I am a typical yo yo dieter; problem is I never stick with one long enough to lose weight. I dont think my weight is heavy. BUt it is heavy for me. I feel most comfortable around 122-125. I have smaller bone structure (I think my wrists are something like 5.5) so where 137 looks fabulous on my best friend, it doesnt look so hot on me! Ive seen people who are my height who weigh 15-20 pounds heavier and look 20394 times better than me. All of our bodies are different..

roadrunner That is exactly what I am going to do. I am not weighing in for another 1.5 weeks. I have made a spreadsheet with my goals. I am doing 7 sets of 2 weeks (total of 14 weeks dieting). I am hoping to be at goal by Thanksgiving. We'll see. Anyway, I am going to weigh in at the end of this second 2 weeks on 09/12.

Thank you all for your support! It means so much to me you have no idea!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'0

I just did the same thing ALL last week, but whats done is done. Instead of being so strict on yourself you should add the things you love into your "plan" that way you wont splurge. If you know that you're going out for drinks with the girls bump up your excerise for the week make some room in your calories get them on board and eat healthy before you go out
Pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote