Old 08-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #1  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Default I can't believe it! (NSV...I guess? lol)

So, I've always had the worst complexion. My face is really red and it's just... ick. So, I pretty much always wear at least concealer when I go out. (Every so often I get lazy...but I spend the entire time out praying I don't run into someone I know haha) When I spend the night with people other than my parents, I'm usually up before anyone else and putting makeup on, for the simple fact that my face makes me self conscious.

I never really put my diet and my complexion in the same category. It never occurred to me that what I was eating might be making my face worse than it had to be. I was content in the fact that I'd just need to wear lots of makeup to look semi decent for the rest of my life.

So, today I was just looking in the mirror randomly. I hadn't put anything on because I hadn't needed to go anywhere. I noticed something different, but I couldn't put my finger on it. So I snapped a picture and that's when I realized - omg, I DON'T LOOK TERRIBLE. Somewhere along the way, my complexion changed. I mean, don't get me wrong - I don't look fantastic, but I'd go out like that for sure.

And guess what? I DID. I went to pick up my check at work, I went to the bank, and Wal Mart, and Shop Rite without a care. It was awesome!

So what other non-weight changes have you guys noticed?
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

congratz!

its always good to feel better inside and out!

(the biggest change that I've noticed the last couple of weeks isn't suitable material for "regular" threads but I might add it to the TMI thread later ^_^ )
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #3  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

This happened to me as well!

Although I had been overweight for quite some time, when I started working at my current job (manager of a gas station) I began getting HORRIBLE acne again. Like the kind I used to get when I was a teenager. And I was never really prone to tons of acne... just big, achey, ouchy ones that would die away as soon as the next one was popping up. I couldn't figure it out... I was like wth? I'm 26 years old... how is this happening?

Then I started my healthy lifestyle and cut out a lot of sugars and carbs.... which was a big thing. I didn't realize it but I was eating TONS of junk food at my new job (hey when you're surrounded by cheese danishes and fritos, you want to eat them dang it!) and it was making me break out!

Now my skin is back to being awesome and compliment worthy... which I get all the time! In fact, my skin is better than ever really... and I KNOW that has to be because of the healthy diet. All those healthy foods with their nutrients and vitamins...

Last edited by starfishkitty; 08-24-2010 at 09:36 PM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

I have also noticed complexion changes. My skin is much brighter and more clear than it had been. I used to be very dependent on powder and foundation to make my skin look the way I thought it should, but now I can get away with just some eye liner and lip gloss. I also noticed that when I make poor dietary choices, I break out in pimples! I know there is a debate on if diet has an effect on your zits, but I can tell without a doubt for me - it absolutely does!!

I also shave my legs sooo much easier now!! No more surprise patches of hair that I missed because I just couldn't see somewhere!!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #5  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

congrats! I've never really had a problem with my face before.. I usually wash it every night I also use daily moisturizer twice daily, and all the water I've been drinking.

the only thing I really noticed since being on this diet is when I do drink diet pop I burp so much. lol.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote