3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What do you do when youre sick (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/210832-what-do-you-do-when-youre-sick.html)

Liljabs 08-24-2010 07:33 AM

What do you do when youre sick

So today is the 2. day of starting my diet again after the summer. And I woke up with a terrible cold. So what do you guys do when sick do you stick to the diet or do you cheat?

Also yesterday I weighed 175,2 and to day I'm 176,1 I hope that's just from being sick do you guys know if you retain water or something when with a cold?

thanks Liljabs

briters89 08-24-2010 10:43 AM

Typically shen I'm sick I don't have much of an appetite. So I will try to have soft things, easy on the stomach. Its very rare I will go over my calories when I am sick.

Samantha417 08-24-2010 11:40 AM

I stick to my diet. I feel crummy in the head, I don't need to feel crummy in the gut too. Plus I normally can't taste anything, so there's no point in me cheating. The only way I might cheat is a surplus of orange juice.

duckyyellowfeet 08-24-2010 03:12 PM

I'm sick right now, actually. Really, when sick, I find it hard to get enough calories; I don't really want to eat and since I don't keep junky food in the house, I can't bolster calories that way.

The thing to watch out for is cough drops. The ones I have are 15 calories a drop, which can add up quickly

Mickeypnd 08-24-2010 03:45 PM

I usually stick to my diet, but I wont work out. I just really watch what i'm eating.

hope your get better! :hug:

stellarosa27 08-24-2010 05:01 PM

I try to stick to my calories, but I don't work out. Low-sugar orange juice, whole wheat bread and chicken soup. But if I go over, I don't beat myself up. Sometimes your body needs extra calories to fight germs :)

EagleRiverDee 08-24-2010 05:24 PM

I don't usually change how I eat when I'm sick, but when I feel like crap I can't motivate myself to exercise even if it would be ok to do so. I was sick for a couple weeks recently with seasonal allergies (they knocked me for a loop this year) and I just couldn't get my butt off the couch.

Iconised Ghost 08-24-2010 05:30 PM

I dont really change what i eat either, although if i am staying home i might have warmer stuff instead of refridgerated fruits, etc. I just try to stay warm, eat what i know is good and take care of myself :) Sometimes if i just have a bit of a cold i will work out gently, eg speed walk instead of run, but if its really bad I would just focus on recovering

Annita 08-25-2010 02:14 AM

I don't have an appetite when I'm sick. But normally I'll eat porridge and fruits, yogurt. If I have a light cold, I don't change what I eat - just eat less.
And I don't work out while sick. My body is too tired to even get up, not alone working out. But sometimes a small walk will help too - that is if i have enough energy.

Liljabs 08-25-2010 06:41 AM

Thank you guys :).
Although I can't really eat today I have this thing that if I have a bad cold I always through up so I lost 3 pounds since yesterday. I'm just sticking to drinking right now water and gatorade.

SeaWave 08-25-2010 08:00 AM

I would never consider cheating on food when I'm sick as that would just get me down. If anything, I lose my appetite... What helps me a lot is I take a small piece of fresh ginger and seep it in hot water to make a hot drink. It helps the sinuses and the tummy. Hope you're feeling better!