3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A "blah" kind of day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/208541-blah-kind-day.html)

girlonfire 07-29-2010 10:08 PM

A "blah" kind of day

The first half of today I was feeling great: eating on plan, got some dental work done, didn't binge. I took an hour long nap at around 5 and woke up at 6 feeling...off. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like I am just a spectator in what I am doing. I feel like I am just going through the motions. Does anybody know what I mean?

I also feel irrationally guilty about my food plan for the day: like maybe I've eaten too much even though everything I've had today is healthy(except my planned indulgence of Skinny Cow). It probably has something to do with the fact that I am feeling VERY full right now. I'm gonna post what I ate today and let me know if there is something in it that could be causing the "blah". I am NOT going to binge and am hoping that a nice hard workout will get me back to feeling like myself again :)

B: 1 cup kashi heart to heart, 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 glass simply orange
L: 1/2 cup brown rice, green beans, 1/2 serving Trader Joe's madras lentils, 2nd half banana, 1 laughing cow wedge, 1 sugar free jell-o pudding cup(I was hungry today lol)
S: All numb from the dentist, so a chocolate-peanut butter protein shake(light vanilla soymilk, 1/2 tbsp pb, 1 squirt dark chocolate syrup, 1/2 scoop protein powder
D: Teriyaki salmon burger on whole wheat bun and tomato/lettuce salad w/Newman's Own Lighten Up Ginger Sesame dressing, 1 skinny cow lowfat ice cream cup(!)
S(if I feel like it): 1 apple

BassAckwards 07-29-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachykeen62 (Post 3411215)
I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like I am just a spectator in what I am doing. I feel like I am just going through the motions. Does anybody know what I mean?

Totally get this. I feel like everyday is the same ... the weeks just roll one after another ... all the same.
I've been through a bad break up about 1 month ago. We were together for 8.5 years and engaged to be married and he cheated on me. Totally defeating ... made me feel inferior to everyone and everything. I'm slowly getting over it but it's hard. I had to move back home and all I can think of is getting my own place but it seems so far away. I don't even know what I can afford. I try to hang out with friends but they aren't always up for it. So I'm just left thinking about all the things I WANT to do but I know it's going to take a long time.

girlonfire 07-30-2010 01:56 AM

Valeri, a lot of what you posted is *exactly* how I feel too. I am living at home too and since I went to high school 2 hours away, I have no friends to hang out with. I just sit at home thinking of what I want to do as well.

I am truly, deeply sorry about your ex. He threw 8.5 years with a wonderful woman down the drain. YOU should not feel inferior; HE should. He is the one that messed up. I am sending you lots of :hug:

P.S. The exercise really does help. Yay elliptical!