3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What is the one food.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/208460-what-one-food.html)

Taylor86 07-28-2010 11:48 PM

What is the one food....

That you will never ever eat again?

Mine? Fast food.

Not ever, nor will I ever eat fast food again.

Barf.

SarahD140 07-28-2010 11:52 PM

Honey Buns from Walgreens. 600 Calories.
Monster Energy Drinks
Any soda. I'm done with it.

Thats three but those really stick out in my mind.

junebug41 07-29-2010 12:05 AM

Fast food for me, too. It's not even kind of appetizing. Not even when I'm reeeeally hungry.

Fake cheese on nachos.

Pre packaged baked goods.

The one thing I didn't see coming; that I just sort of stopped eating because I cleaned up my diet? Pancakes and waffles. I don't think they taste bad, but I haven't ordered them since I lost weight. Just one of those things.

Paramedic 07-29-2010 12:09 AM

Greesy fast food like Mc Donalds, Burger King, Taco bell... There some good ones that are really healthy, like Schlotzsky's, some of the sandwhices at Arbies, Jimmy Johns and Subway, though.

And most frozen dinners, unless I'm...really, really desperate. But, I can't see that ever actually being the case.

singforthedayx 07-29-2010 12:21 AM

Anything sweetened with aspartame.

rainbowstripe 07-29-2010 12:55 AM

I can't think of anything I'd never eat... aside from things I really don't like but have never liked, like .. whole large pieces of raw tomato.

luckymommy 07-29-2010 01:03 AM

There's plenty that I should never have again, but I don't want to say never to anything because I don't know yet if I can do it. At this point, I can say that I will try to never have Nutella, but I sure can't promise.

Anexia 07-29-2010 07:26 AM

I don't think there will be something I would never eat again. i want to be able to eat anything if i want to just not in amounts i used to eat.
i want to be able to eat a little chips if i have a craving for it, but just a little,not a whole bag, and not feel bad about it

Feral 07-29-2010 09:08 AM

This is going to sound weird.... but I have to say regular Red Bull. (I used to drink a LOT of Jager bombs) I realized that the Sugar Free Red Bull only has like 10 calories per can versus 110! I couldn't believe that when I finally took a look at it.

No more regular Red Bull for me!

MindiV 07-29-2010 09:15 AM

I'm not ruling anything out....I don't want to have to feel guilty about eating a "never again" food later on, because in my experience sometimes things just happen. There's food I can't control at work functions and family gatherings.

tinycities 07-29-2010 09:29 AM

There's absolutely no way I would have any foods I wouldn't ever eat again, unless I really hated them the first time around!

I cook good quality food every night and pack lunches every day. I don't eat anything processed (out of choice, I just prefer to prepare foods myself). I also really, really love a dirty great KFC, Burger King or kebab slathered in mayonnaise every now and then.

For me, it's so much tougher, but better in the long term, to not ban or forbid myself from eating anything, unless I don't want to, of course. Moderation and portion control has always been the thing I've struggled with, and I find it more satisfying (and more fun!) to challenge myself to not ban anything, but to just use my discretion as and when I feel like a treat. For me, that feels much more sustainable.

Ms GenghisCohen 07-29-2010 09:41 AM

I don't really like candy bars that much, but I used to have a total weakness for any kind of weird special edition candy, like the kind that they have in the checkout line at Walgreens. So, no more Glow-In-the-Dark Ghost Dots, Elvis Reese's Peanut butter Cups (banana cream inside), or Indiana Jones flavored Snickers (I think it may have had cinnamon flavored nougat).

The curiosity was just not worth the calories.

ChevysandSunshine 07-29-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singforthedayx (Post 3409308)
Anything sweetened with aspartame.

Agreed! That stuff is insane! My bf once typed out a 2 page report to me about how bad it is (him typing a long document is a big deal - hes a logger kind of guy, not computer type of guy!).... and cockroaches wont even eat it!

heidelene 07-29-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms GenghisCohen (Post 3409711)
... or Indiana Jones flavored Snickers (I think it may have had cinnamon flavored nougat).

MMMM....Harrison Ford-Flavored Candy......:drool:

I don't think I'd have American Cheese again. Now that I'm used to natural cheese, American Cheese just tastes fake. It's ok on burgers at fast food joints, though. Can't really taste it, then. I don't think I'd completely rule anything else out except maybe the aspartame if I can avoid it.

lissa9501 07-29-2010 01:09 PM

pancakes...i've hated them since i was in my preteens...i cannot for the life of me eat them. my sil made one the other day i tried a bite..nope not gonna happen cant stand them..

(dad made a mass batch once when he was laid off cause they were cheap and you could make so many me or my brother to this day will not eat them if we have a choice)