Does anyone watch Huge?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm glad to see other people talking about this as well.
    The show is my guilty pleasure.

I hope that they show how the characters get treated
    in school after the camp ends. That may be to far from it's
    plotline, but I deff would love to see it happen.
  • I love the show and I really enjoyed the book as well. I had a student read it for an outside project and lent it to me.

As for them not losing weight, Amber (April in the book) loses it consistently but Wil doesn't. She has the whole "Fat camp sucks" attitude and such. I won't spoil anything. The book is actually vastly different and it's a little annoying but still good!
  • I don't find Amber pretty at all. George is adorable, though. : ) I also like the concept of the show, but Wil's attitude is grating at times. I can understand wanting others to accept you for who you are, but you don't have to be a snot (or pouty) about it.

Dhani
  • I've only seen the 2 episodes that are on Hulu.

So far, I think it's ok. I'm most interested in the young woman playing Becca -- be interesting to see where she goes.

A.
  • Quote: I don't find Amber pretty at all. George is adorable, though. : ) I also like the concept of the show, but Wil's attitude is grating at times. I can understand wanting others to accept you for who you are, but you don't have to be a snot (or pouty) about it.

Dhani
    This. If it weren't so obvious that she were hiding incredibly low self-esteem under a veneer of "feminism", it wouldn't be so sad. As it is, she's trying to cover up her hurt emotions, and coming off as a snotty brat. I still have a soft spot for her, though.

The camp director's attitude grates on me, but I know that she must have her own issues, with weight and possibly with being mixed and abandonment from her past, and I have a big soft spot for that, too, since I can relate.

I just wish the characters would start being more honest with each other! But I guess that's half the dramatic tension, all the secrets...