Old 07-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~*~*~Weekly Chat - July 26 - August 1~*~*~

Uh, Chinese pizza may be the best invention ever.

Hello ladies, how were your weekends?

I had a ridiculously on plan weekend and I'm at 167.0 today - so friggin excited. I even got up this morning and ran a "5K" in 36 minutes (then walked for 9 minutes). I got home, showered, made a great lunch, ate breakfast, drove halfway to work and found out that there's no power in my building, so I may or may not have work. I'm home now, in the air conditioning, waiting for official word. My butt is not driving out there for no reason - especially since 1/2 of the traffic lights aren't working...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #2  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Stella- Yay for 167 and a totally OP weekend

MY weekend was pretty good. Today is day number 2 of TOM ****!! The first one after I get my IUD in is always the worst....And because of that I did not work out yesterday BUT hoping I can get something in today.
I'm not weighing myself until all this bloating and well ya know, is done. I did take some measurements before I started excercising and so far I've lost like 8 inches on my body after only about 2 weeks of working out YAY to that.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies. My weekend was another weekend, but it's not quite over for me as I get 3 day weekends. I have been riding horses all my life and decided to go on a trail ride today at a horse rental place. It'll be my reward for seeing Onderland.

My TOM woes are almost over but I'm still going to put off weighing myself for as long as I can. I'm thinking about starting C25k today or tomorrow, I have boot camp all this week [but I'm not going today because I won't be able to get to the riding place in time] and then a session with a personal trainer at the end of the week. I'm working extra hard at cutting out that junk food again ... grilled lamb for dinner tonight.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all!!!

My morning started out sadly as I have gained 1 lb. I typcially gain 1-2 pounds and 1 point during the month (about 1 to 1.5 weeks before TOM). I just counted it out and I am right on track for the gain. Blah!

I was really hoping to be down 1.7 pounds today as that would put me halfway to my goal. There will be lots of water and very healthy eating this week along with going all out at Jazzercise. Hopefully I'll be at 165.5 at the next weigh in (next Monday -- I'm one of those crazy people that only weigh once a week )

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #5  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

Hi Chickas!!
I'm back.. I keep leaving and coming back, which also means I keep gaining.. uhg, But this time is a little different I'm keeping an excel spread sheet of my weight, calories etc.. I'm a little OCD when it comes to numbers so this helps me stay on track. 210-205 pretty good for my first week!! I know it will slow down but oh well Ill get there before I know it
JessicaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

Who else thinks it's absolutely crazy that "August" is in the title of the weekly chat? Where the heck has the summer gone??? Kinda exciting though because next week will be six months with the boyfriend.

stella - way to go!
blcarter - doesn't sound like fun. I get migraines, so I'm thinking of getting an IUD...not particularly looking forward to it.
audrina - that sounds like a great reward, have fun!
jenn - I've been weighing once a date for a couple of weeks, and I'm beginning to think once a week is the way to go. I range anywhere from 173 to 179 within days. And it frustrates me, so I'm thinking of stopping and only weighing in at my WW meetings.
Jessica - hello there! welcome back!

So I had a fairly OP weekend. And did 30DS for the first time (ouch!). Did some drinking and had one off-plan meal, but it could have been much worse. I was at my parent's house for a couple of days, and usually I eat and eat and eat and eat and it's not usually healthy food. Well, I bought lots of vegetables, and those were my binge go-to foods.

Trying to kick it back into gear this week (tracking everything...ugh...).
and Happy Monday!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  

Ugh, my weight is NOT cooperating with me right now! I started out at 253, then 251, then 247, then back up to 252 because I flew and retained water and then I stupidly binged for like, 3 days straight and saw it go as high as 255 before I stopped and started working out, eating right, drinking water, etc. I saw my weight go back down to 247. This morning? 251.5!!! It's probably water retention but I am tired of retaining water. I wanna see the numbers go down already!

Tantrum over. I'm just super frustrated right now . Waiting for my *ahem* morning bathroom trip to see if that will help.

stella- wow sounds like a great way to start your Monday! And congrats on the weight!!!! And may I dare ask what Chinese pizza is?

BlCarter84- ugh I hate TOM! Hope you can get something in today . And 8 inches is FAB!!!!

audrina- horses sound like a great reward for getting into Onederland! And that dinner sounds tasty...mmmmmm

jenn- Man it's TOM for everyone on here! Maybe we're all getting on the same cycle . I've always wanted to try jazzercise, is it fun? And good luck getting to your goal, I know you'll make it!

jessica- hey, the important thing is you came back! Congrats on knocking 5 pounds off the first week!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #8  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Morning Ladies!!!! Sorry I went MIA for a few days.... My whole week's schedule was thrown off last week which threw me off and somehow I tumbled into this dark hole of "I'm tired of working out, I'm tired of eating well" combined with PMS cravings of wanting to eat the entire house and my eating was way off for about 3 days. However, today is a NEW day. I know what I have to do now I just need to do it.... so rather than sit around and b!tch about it I'm going to do something about it.

Taylor/Icon/Stella - chinese pizza... seriously. Where do I sign up?!

Stella - no work due to no power. Freakin' SWEET! We lost power at my house last night because of a storm that rolled in. It was out for about 3 hours.... but luckily it was at 9pm rather than 4pm during the heat of the day.

Becky - 8 inches?!!?!? I would be doing cartwheels! That's awesome!!!!

Audrina - Enjoy yourself! That sounds like a really cool gift to yourself! I get 3 day weekends during the summer too. It's so nice.

Jenn - don't get discouraged. You know it's not a real gain... stupid ovaries! LOL

Jessica - Welcome back! And I would certainly be happy with a 5 lb loss for the first week! Keep it up!

Ade - Ugh I didn't even notice August was in the title until you said it. SCARY!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back for taking veggies with you! That's awesome!

Peachy - I try to go as long as possible before weighing after I fly. It messes my system up SO badly. Sounds like you're kind of in the same boat as me. Put your boots back on, it's time to kick some a$$!
----------------------
Did I mention to you guys how glad I am that pay day is FRIDAY?! I haven't been this broke since I started this job!!!!!

Here is to a much better, much more positive, much more on plan week!!!

Last edited by Feral; 07-26-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #9  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

I can't believe summer is almost over.. I live in Oregon and It doesn't feel like we ever had a summer.. it was hot like 100s for a week and then now its just in the 80s and 90s.. but then again the winter was weird too..

I am doing my own lil personal challenge to lose weight for Halloween, just cuz I've never gotten to dress up supper cute like all the other girls my age have.. Hoping to get to 175 by then.. about 3 months away.

Peachy I know what you mean, I wait to weigh myself until after I go too.. I feel lighter..

Thanks all for welcoming me back!
JessicaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Chloe - I <3 Jazzercise! It is a ton of fun! Its the only work out program that I'll stick to because I enjoy it. Plus the class setting is good for me because i'm really competitive and it makes me work harder. Its kind of dancy to lots of different kinds of music, they come up with new routines all the time and the good instructors will mix up the work outs everyday. There is cardio, weight training and stretching so its a great overall work out.

Feral - Welcome back! We get paid Friday too. YAY!!!

Jessica - Welcome back to you also! The first time I did SB I lost 25 lbs and encouraged all my friends to go out dancing on Halloween so I could wear a somewhat slutty little costume (I'd never been able to wear one before and wanted to show of my new body. Also, DH and I were trying for a baby so I figured it might be my last chance.) I bought a tight, short little Pilot's costume and fishnet stockings the Saturday before Halloween. The next night, guess what happens? Positive pregnancy test! I had to tell all of my friends that I couldn't go out with them after all, but didn't tell them why as we werent ready to share yet. No returns on the costume, so I ended up wearing it to MY BOSS's Halloween party. I felt very uncomfortable.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #11  
I will do this.

198 today! Woo Hoo!! Now my goal of 189 by August 23rd it totally attainable. Sweetness.

1 hour of water aerobics and 1 hour of trainer down. I didn't do an extra 1/2 hour cardio cause my trainer told me not to because Chris and I will be hiking for 4-5 hours tomorrow...and I agreed cause I was tired.

This is day 6 OP... and I am kickin' some booty. I even did 10 "boy" push ups 10 times..but I had one hand on a ball and one on the floor,pushed down then had to roll the ball to my trainer and then switch hands...oh dear god.

Dinner is going to be simple tonight... bunless burgers with a salad, small ear of corn and some fruit.

jess SHHH summer is not going anywhere. I have made an agreement with summer that is to crawl and be slow for the rest of the time it is here...or till at least August 23rd..

feral I recently got back on plan and you can do it! Today is a new day and the Universe only moves forward! Love ya girlie

peachy I just went through exactly what you are going through. Be patient the numbers will come, I promise!

Jenn I agree with Feral - you know it is not a real gain. Stupid TOM!!

audrina I LOVE grilled lamb...I have it almost every other week. So good. I usually have it with asparagus. And that sounds like an awesome goal for ONDERland!!

Blcarter WOAH 8 inches??? That is amazing!! Way to go! Still doing southbeach? How are the little ones?

stella I hope you don't have to go to work!! SWEET!! Great way to start the week, huh?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #12  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Stella, what is Chinese pizza? And awesome awesome awesome on staying on plan over the weekend! I wish I could do that as consistantly as you seem to!

BICarter, 8" is great! It sounds like the weight (or at least, the inches) are melting off.

Audriana, grilled lamb sounds delicious (more delicious than junk food, anyway). Have fun with your persional trainer! Have you been using him/her for a while? Is this your first time?

Jenn, I wish I had the willpower to weigh-in jsut once a week. I'm sure that you'll be down where you want to be, especially w/ all of the water and exercise!

Ade, happy early anniversary! And it sounds like you're finding great coping mechanisms for dealing with parents and eating with family.

Peachykeen, the last two weeks have been like that to me! Boo on flights and dehydration and water retention. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time!

Feral, welcome back! You'll get 'er done.

Jessica, welcome back! I'm also OCD w/ numbers. My weightloss Google spreadsheets are wonders to behold. Good luck for halloween! What do you want to be?

Taylor, your progress is so inspiring!

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement last week. I'm now down to the lightest I've been in 3 years (211), which is amazing. This coming week is going to be a madhouse. August 1st is Benin's 50th anniversary of independence from French colonialism, and the whole country's gearing up to party. Carbs, oil, and fried goat, here I don't come (except in moderation, of course )!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #13  

Hey, Jessica you live in Oregon too? Cool! It says that you live in Eugene? I'm from Corvallis, just a little bit north . And you're right, our summer hasn't been super warm. I remember it being June and still raining all the time. Guess that's the price we pay for such a beautiful green state o
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #14  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

my weight is bouncing up again. reverting to my old way of dieting (eating low calorie foods now) i just havent had the urge to exercise again this week.
good news tho the heat here finally broke, its been in the high 90s and low 100s for weeks now, its like 80 something today.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Peachy, I know how upsetting it can be to see the numbers not be where you want them to be, when I have times like that I take a break from the scale for a week, it's really helped me not get discouraged.

I just got back from my trail ride on the beach and it was awesome. I'm so glad that I went, my good friend encouraged me to do it knowing how much I love to ride. They put me on an advanced horse and I had a BLAST. Some little girl on the ride asked me if I could 'teach her how to ride like me'. That really did something for my self esteem.

Horses are my life, I love riding more than anything and that ride today was EXACTLY what I needed.

Edit: Sorry no more personals than that, I just got home, gotta get caught up! lol

There, it's my mom's personal trainer and I've never worked out with him before.

Last edited by audrina; 07-26-2010 at 03:14 PM.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote