3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   So there's this guy ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/207295-so-theres-guy.html)

BassAckwards 07-15-2010 10:27 PM

So there's this guy ...

Sorry this is really long :lol: ... :?:

I just got out of an 8 1/2 year relationship about a month ago ...
I've been talking to a guy now pretty much daily/frequently during the day via facebook and texting. I've known him for a couple years but kind of just talked on and off (he used to work with my ex so we used to hang in the same crowd) but he was once in a similar situation as me (been cheated on) so he kind of just talked to me ... let me gripe about my ex and just talked about anything.

I hadn't seen him in probably a year.
We met up last weekend ... went to a movie ... hard to talk at the movie so slightly weird just cuz we couldn't talk a ton and I was nervous just cuz I haven't been out with a guy other than my ex for so long. We left the movie and made plans to meet up later at a bar with a couple of his friends.
(He texted me after the movie to see what I thought lol because he thought maybe I felt awkward ... and wanted to know what I thought of him I guess haha)

We met up ... had a really good time. (He had his hand on my knee most of the night .. was really flirty) :devil: Hugged before I left. He texted me later saying he wanted to kiss me but didn't know how I would react.

We've still been talking all week (Things are a little HOT sometimes lol) ... now he asked if I wanted to get together this weekend.

He wants me to pick something to do ... but I don't know what!? There is not much around here for entertainment :lol:

I do like him but I still feel a little weird ... just because it's been sooo long since I've done this you know?

Has anyone else been through this ... how do you do it? lol

freshsteph 07-15-2010 10:53 PM

Do you have a nearby bowling alley? Bowling is a fun time! I come from a small town with no entertainment, only a bowling alley. It's inexpensive and makes a great date or whatever you want to call it :)

Gelene 07-16-2010 02:14 AM

Call me old Old Fashioned, but, I have to agree with freshsteph; bowling allies are a great date night. I also come from a small town with no entertainment, and found a rollerskating rink to be a great way to break the ice and have a good time "showing" my moves without suggesting to much.

Feral 07-16-2010 07:50 AM

Oh I love to bowl and went on a date back in April bowling and we had a blast....

Here's the only thing I do have to say about this situation, not to rain on your parade, but to be a voice of reason...

You were just in an 8.5 year relationship. I think you should really take some time to yourself. I think it's suggested for every year you take a month to be single or or something like that. I'm not saying don't go out and have fun and enjoy another man who is obviously attracted to you.

Just as a support system here I want to say to be careful, take your time and take time to heal yourself. It's the best thing you can do for you. :)

In the meantime -- HAVE FUN! :) Don't let it be awkward, you've known him for a while.

Expunge 07-16-2010 10:58 AM

I agree with Feral to an extent. Normally I would definitely say to take some time to be on your own for a while. Sometimes though, the chemistry's there and you've just gotta go with it... take the opportunity while it's there. It sounds like you're happy and having fun, so good luck!