Old 07-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Default AH! Old Stretch Marks More Visible?

Well I have some stretch marks from when I used to weigh much more than I do now. I noticed as I started losing weight they naturally started going away, but just moments ago I was staring at my stomach in the bathroom mirror and I noticed they are even MORE visible! This is now what I was expecting.

Anyone know any super secret tricks to helping my skin repair itself or at least reduce their appearance?
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11

I wish I knew. Mine don't seem to fade in the least bit. They are still as noticeable from the first day I started loosing. I really hate them and will never be able to wear a bikini because of them.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyFl View Post
I wish I knew. Mine don't seem to fade in the least bit. They are still as noticeable from the first day I started loosing. I really hate them and will never be able to wear a bikini because of them.
I'm sorry to hear this. I never really thought I would be able to wear a bikini, but I would like my hard work to pay off a little bit at least with a body I can tolerate.

That makes me sad, I know it's my own fault for letting myself get that way but yeah.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

This happened to me. They got longer, incidentally. Things are much improved over time, but I know of no quick fixes. It definitely took me by surprise!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I have no solution at all--but thought I'd chime in because I noticed that mine seem to be more noticable now after some weight loss too! Arg! Maybe it has something to do with skin movement? Who knows. Hopefully they will fade again with time...
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I thought I was just weird... I now feel like I'm just one big stretch mark
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I wish they would go away, but they wont. To be hones I try not to be too self conscious of them. They are there, and they aren't going away, so I will live with them.
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post
I thought I was just weird... I now feel like I'm just one big stretch mark
You're not weird, I have to say even though I'm totally bummed, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the stretch marks. What a bummer I did this to myself in the first place though.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #9  
The Last 10lbs!

Even some skinny people have stretch marks - depending where they are, they can be caused by sudden/rapid growth or development (in the hips as opposed to the stomach etc). I have them on my legs, upper arms, and hips. Maybe someday stretch marks will be cool because so many of us have them I tried Bio Oil for a while but I didn't notice much difference as mine are white/faded, not red.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #10  
Samantha417

I tried bio oil for a bit and didn't notice any changes. Mine are white/faded as well. So maybe it would work better on those who still have red stretch marks?

I have a friend who is super skinny and she has stretch marks on her hips. She's never been overweight in her life. You can get them from several ways. I look at my stretch marks as a reminder of how I was before and a motivator to keep the weight down.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I don't have them from weight gain, but I have them all over my hips and breasts. I've notied that bathroom light is the least forgiving--I have some that don't show up at all in outdoor pictures, but I recentely took a picture in my bathroom to post here and they were VERY visible!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #12  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I have to agree with Samantha here. For those of us that have gotten stretch marks from weight, you have to look at them as scars. Wear them proudly and as a reminder that you can overcome even the hardest of obstacles (that's what weight loss is for me at least). And you know what? They probably aren't going anywhere so you can be ashamed or you can embrace them...

Although I have noticed mine become even MORE visible when they get tan.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

my legs are covered with them. I got them from sudden weight gain when I was a child. I remember that they were of a shiny purple kind of color. Now they are white and they stay white when I get tanned. After loosing weight more of them (old, white ones) became visible on my calves. I've never seen them, they have never been purple or red. I think those might come from just growing too fast, while those on my thighs definitely came from weight gain.
Some days I feel bad about those stretch marks. They don't look nice exactly and I remember my mother showing them to family, making hurtful comments.
Most of the time, I'm ok though. Many people have them. Many other people have freckles or scars or whatever.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #14  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

I never really minded having stretch marks on my hips or thighs...but when I gained so much weight that they started showing up on my calves and then my stomach I was like nooooo! I think the worst are the stretch marks on my stomach, though. 23 years old, never been pregnant, and I have horrific red stretch marks. I can't wait for them to turn white, seriously...

Jillian Michaels says to just think of them as battle scars from a place that you will never go to again... I try to think that way, but it's hard. They're awful...

Last edited by singforthedayx; 07-15-2010 at 12:31 PM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #15  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I have stretch marks on my arms (ye olde' chicken wing section. The "wobbly" part on the bicep) and I use vitamin E oil. It has actually helped a ton. They are less noticeable and smoother as well. Mederma NEVER worked for me but Vitamin E is pretty cool.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote