Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Default Water intake question

This kind of goes along with my last post about being really frustrated in gaining and losing the same pound for the past 11 days straight. Those two articles someone posted were talking about water weight and its impact on the scale.

Now I know you have to drink a ridiculously large amount of water to do your body real harm. HOWEVER, I drink a lot of water each day. Atleast 140 ounces a day plus around 50 ounces of other liquids. I have always been a person that is thirsty all the time, but now a new medication I am on has really made the thirst bad. I always figured the water was good for me, but maybe its making me hold onto pounds?

Although...I have been drinking like this right from the beginning of my weight loss and the first 50 pounds came off pretty easily. Oh and just because I am sure someone will mention this...I am not diabetic. I have been tested many times because of the thirst issue but I am not.

Any ideas, suggestions?? Thanx!!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #2  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't think your water intake has a whole lot to do with it, especially if you lost wile not changing it before. It sounds more to me that you have hit a set point plateau. I am dealing with one right now myself. Until just recently, I didn't lose for almost 5 months! I was just back and forth with the same few pounds between 245-243 ish.. Besides this, water weight is not going to inhibit you from losing. It may mean a couple extra pounds on the scale but to my knowing it won't slow it down. You may need to reassess your diet plan..some people have actually had success by 'splurging' for a short period to restart the process. Either way, i dont think the water is what is slowing you down.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote