Old 06-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/262/160

Height: 5' 6"

Wink The F Word

It is a horrible and dirty word. Most people don't want to hear it. You know what this dirty word is? ....FOOD..... If you obsess about NOT eating it makes you hungry. If you think about it too little you eat things you "shouldn't" or just too big of a portion. Sometimes it seems like you can't win.
Why do some of us let ourselves be so controlled by food? Why is it that only some of us live life in terms of eating? (Fit people think of something to do when they go out, I think of where we can go eat when we go out) I wish I could just walk away. I wish my world wasn't so centered around food (one way or the other). Is it the "happy-plate" mentality we learn as children that leads us to finish everything on our plate even when we are full, or is it greed? Sometimes I just want to scream because I get so frustrated with myself. I want to learn to eat to live, not live to eat.
I am hoping that if I keep working on it one day it will come more easily. I really want wo do this! I really want to see it through. I need to MAKE myself make better decisions. I need to MAKE myself get off my booty and workout. I am just really upset with myself right now! Why am I having so much trouble with this??
Does anyone else ever feel this way? Does anyone else ever just want to slap yourself for not making the right decision or taking the easy way out??? Lets vent together.
WitsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #2  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I use to feel that way all the time. And some days, I get back to feeling like eating every thing i can. I dont have any words of wisdom. I just share how you feel.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Absolutely. I feel this way so often it's not even funny. Another issue of mine with food, is it's comforting. I'm not sure why, but whenever I get depressed, all I do is eat, and eat, and eat. The irony of this is, that a large reason for my depression is my weight, and the problems, and feelings that it is causing me. Rather counter-productive, but I always turn to it. I've been working on not leaning towards food for comfort, but it's extremely difficult.

And I know what you mean!! When I think of going out, it's always to dinner, and a movie. So you're eating, and then you're doing yourself even worse because you're sitting down afterward.

You CAN do this! You CAN learn to substitute foods with activities. You CAN get up off your booty and work out. You CAN make lifestyle changes, that will lead to you to the goals that you wish to reach.

We can do this.
I'm here if you need any support at all.
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The more you get into this the more you'll see with time that food isn't the only thing you will think of. Sure you'll feel more obsessed for a while but I know for me at least the feelings went away. I mean I used to always have to order an appetizer at a restaurant, always eat every bite, etc. Take today- I went out for a treat at lunch, the combo came with potato salad AND chips in addition and I ate my sandwich, a few bites of potato salad, and then gave my chips away. In the past I would have eaten it ALL then wanted more!

Give it time
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #5  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

I share very similar feelings about food, but thank God, in recent years my attitude has begun to change. There was a time when food was really an obsession for me. I thought about food ALL the time!!! Consciously, unconsciously, it ruled my life. Friday and Saturday nights were not about where I was going to go out, or who with, to have a good time. It was more about WHAT AM I GOING TO EAT??? because food WAS my friend and it WAS my FUN.

But I have to say that once I began to recognize my worth as a person, as an individual, once I began to KNOW who I really am on the inside, something began to shift and I saw other things in life as more important. It was the mentality of "eating to live" that began to set in, also because I realized that I was majorly putting my health and my life in jeopardy.

But...the good news is that a change is possible! You have to want it and then you have to want it bad enough to put "action" behind the wanting. Action as in making those small changes that lead to bigger changes for the better. You can do it!!! And don't fool yourself into thinking that you can't.

YES. YOU CAN. Think action. ACTION.
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

I get that way too. And it's so bad, because my hubby is the same way. We went out to dinner for the first time in a few weeks last Friday night, for a date. I didn't want to order an appetizer and he flipped out. We did, because hello scene (eek!). I had one bite and he was upset that we ended up taking the rest home. I told him that I'm changing my lifestyle and appetizers are NO LONGER part of it. A nice salad with extra tomato and a light dressing is part of it.

Sigh. I think this is the only place I get support. Besides my 2 BFF's.

Thanks 3FC! Yey!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow Kate that's extreme- what does it matter if you order one or not? I mean obviously he didn't eat it.

I hope you guys talked when you got home!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #8  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

He did eat it, part of it, but was mad that I was only allowing myself to have one bite. I was satisfied with my salad and he has yet to understand that!

We talk a lot. He's in the stage where 'im walking 2 miles every night i can have this XXXX thing!' and it's so not true.

Oh well.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote