3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   wishing this were not such a long, long, journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/205903-wishing-were-not-such-long-long-journey.html)

SarahD140 06-29-2010 09:26 PM

wishing this were not such a long, long, journey

Ok, I just started... Sunday, the 20th, (6-20-2010), I have lost 8 lbs! But I dont want to wait!!! Now that I have committed to this, I want to be a smaller me now!!!!!! Help a sister out if ya feel me. I want to know what my adult self looks like at 140 (my goal weight) I want to buy new pants, see my face without the fat. Sigh. I'm doing well. I just want change faster. I know... patience... patience. :(

Cglasscock1 06-29-2010 09:43 PM

Congratulations on your 8 pound loss. A great start!
It is only normal to want the weight off as fast as possible. But I must tell you that you have started on a journey that will never really end. When you have lost the weight that you want to and achieved your goals, you will never really be able to go back to eating the way that you did before. You will then be in maintenance for the rest of your life. You will be able to add in a few more calories, but not nearly what you consumed in the past. Losing weight and keeping it off requires a completely different mind-set that you learn as you lose. So don't rush the losing process too much ... you have a lot to learn from it. You will find so many others on 3FC that will be with you as you learn to get healthy. And each pound lost is a victory that keeps you going until you reach your goals.

BassAckwards 06-29-2010 09:43 PM

Yes .. I agree the waiting is the hardest part :lol: I also want it to be here NOW!
I have lost almost 30 pounds in 3 months ... and honestly it seems like it's flown by when I think back. SO I guess it's not soooo bad ... but I totally get what you're saying!

smgleason 06-29-2010 10:39 PM

Oh I so know how you feel!!! I want to be back to my thin self NOW!!! I keep finding old notes to myself from last year and older where I wanted to lose weight and I had a plan but I never followed through, I get so mad at myself because I think, "you know, you could be to your goal now if you had just stuck to something!!!" :)

Good luck in your journey!

love114 06-30-2010 01:40 AM

Congrats on your loss so far!!!! You'll be there eventually;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smgleason (Post 3364015)
Oh I so know how you feel!!! I want to be back to my thin self NOW!!! I keep finding old notes to myself from last year and older where I wanted to lose weight and I had a plan but I never followed through, I get so mad at myself because I think, "you know, you could be to your goal now if you had just stuck to something!!!" :)

I have so many of those!!!! Gosh, if we had just listened to ourselves then!

Paramedic 06-30-2010 02:40 AM

Congrats on the weight loss! But, I'm pretty much in the same boat. It use to be that I'd get so discouraged by the slow paced weight loss that I would end up giving up. But, not this time!

It may take a while, but the ultimate goal is totally worth it. :twirly:

klambeth82 06-30-2010 02:45 AM

Hi! I know exactly how you feel. I started my weight loss journey the same day you did and have lost 6 pounds. I have never in my life been thin, I have always been overweight and I cannot wait to see the day when I can look in the mirror and not hate what i see (my fat face is what i hate the most!!!), not to mention be able to fit into normal size clothes. All we can do is work hard and the next thing we know, we will be the one posting our before and after pics on here. :hug:

benchmarkman 06-30-2010 05:53 AM

NOt a fellow sister but I can still answer. The journey never ends. To successfully maintain weigth and not regain you have to walk this journey for the rest of your life. You can't just go back to your old habits after you reach your goal weight.

caryesings 06-30-2010 08:19 AM

I remember posting a similar thought a year ago, that I wanted to tell the universe "look, I'll stick to this plan, just give me my new body now". Universe ignored me but I stuck with my plan anyway. Now getting close to goal and want to make the same deal. It's really just impatience to see my new figure as I don't see me changing my plan at all once I get to maintenance.

Notice I'm 50 but posting in the 20-somethings. Had realized last night the last time I was at this size I was 29 so feeling very young today.

pinkalarmclock 06-30-2010 08:54 AM

I always kept wondering what I would look like at goal, I'm close enough that I know now. I used to go to the photo thread and look for people about my height and at the weight I wanted to be near at goal lol

graciegoose13 06-30-2010 09:12 AM

Haha! Wow, if I had a dollar for everytime I wished for the exact same thing!

As many times that I've wished to be insta-slim, I've also have had moments of clarity, I guess you could call them, where I'm thankful for the length of this journey. Sure, it'd be AMAZING to wake up tomorrow morning and be able to totally rock a bikini, but for me and a lot of other people on the board, this journey has become such an invaluable learning experience. I wouldn't trade all of the things I've learned during this adventure about nutrition, exercising, and most importantly, myself for anything else in the world, not even being at my goal weight tomorrow.

So does the waiting drive me crazy some days? Oh yeah. But when I'm able to adjust my attitude a little bit, this chaotic journey from being obese to healthy almost seems like...well, a blessing.

HaleyisLove 06-30-2010 12:33 PM

believe me...its the longest journey ever...its called the rest of your life...

if you can do it now you can do it forever... in a year you will be smaller... or if you give up you could be bigger

I started way heavier than you and it has taken awhile...but its worth it..and yes the begining can be discouraging but the end is amazing...I'm on the final stretch even though I'm not there yet, it truly has been amazing...

SarahD140 06-30-2010 02:22 PM

smgleason - I do the same thing, find old journals and think... I could be maintaining by now... totally. Such a bummer. But i think, it had to happen now, not sooner, not any latter... just feels that way.

Haley - Your pics look amazing btw. I have seen them in the posts. Your and inspiration!

Pinkalarmclock - I know just what you mean! I found this girl who reached goal who is my height and got to the same goal weight I want, she looks stellar. I cant even fathom looking that great. I keep telling my self, that in a year... I WILL. Still hard to believe.

careysings- is that your pic??? you look amazing

Thank you every one for your words of wisdom, and encouragement. And for the record, us 20 something girls could still use the wise words from other groups, no doubt! I know that I will never be able to eat like I did before. And that does not bother me. I'm actually super surprised at how well I am doing this time around. I would like to bring up, how I just cant... see.. how my fat tummy will ever be flat, or huge thighs be tame. Its happening, its starting. Guess I just have to hang on and keep doing it.

calisa86 06-30-2010 04:33 PM

Congrats on the 8 pounds! And yes, we all know how you feel. Why can't it just fall off already!?!?! All of it OFF in one day, in one minute. So sad tis not the case. Slow and steady wins the race and if you take the time and do it slowly it will give your mind a chance to change as your body does. You will get to glory in every little triumph, every goal achieved, every day successful. It's a long but beautiful journey. Stick in there! We're here with you!.

llmw1951 06-30-2010 05:51 PM

Hang in There Sarah! It will be so worth it!

smj1987 06-30-2010 07:13 PM

Yeah I agree. I want this to go faster too! I started on June 16, so I kinda feel like I'm not doing as well after reading your post. lol You're doing well so keep it up :) I can't wait to get rid of my fat face either! lol Good luck! :)