Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~~~Weekly Chat - June 21 to June 27~~~

Goooooooood morning ladies

Happy Monday (yes, slightly oxymoronic).

Here's to an on plan and positive week.

I woke up before my alarm this morning (set for 5:30) so there was no excuse as to why I couldn't go to the gym - I made a new work out play list and it got me through 45 minutes on the stair master, and I'm ready to take on the day.

My bosses are taking me and a few co-workers out for Mexican today at lunch, so I have a breakfast of hard boiled egg whites and cherries (weird, I know) to compensate. I'm planning on just getting fajitas or tacos without cheese/sour cream, so it shouldn't be too terrible. And dinner will be a turkey/spinach wrap with sweet potato fries (this is what I cannot wait for).

I also had a ton of coffee so I am W-I-R-E-D.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #2  
Samantha417

I always find it funny how people are wired off of coffee, but yet it makes me crash big time. I'm NEVER awake from it!

And for whoever asked about what Whole Foods is, it's an organic supermarket. But the new one they built close to me has a HUGE food bar where they also make hamburgers and pizza and such. They even have a mini bar. But no, they didn't have the calorie counts on everything, I wish they did, but I'm sure since it was my first time eating there I'd still get what I wanted to taste.

I saw my dad, he loved the picture I gave him. He hasn't had an updated photo of me for 4 years now. We talked for a bit, watched a movie, and that was it. I love my dad, but we're just not talkative people haha.

After that I went over greg's house. His mom made an AMAZING (and healthy!!!) dinner. It was grilled pork tenderloin, and she made this glaze to put on top of it that had orange zest, balsamic vinegar, raspberry jam, and mustard in it. She also had peas and mashed potatoes. Oh man, that dinner RULED. After that we went to the movies and saw Get Him To The Greek, which was hilarious. So it ended up being a great day!

Today I'm going to the gym, and then working 2-10. So nothing thrilling there, but I had the weekend off so I'll take it.

Stella- mexican food is so good! I always get this pollo mole thing, which has this cocoa sauce on top, but you can't taste the chocolate. Enjoy the lunch!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella- you could get shrimp fajitas or the deviled shrimp...it has a fun name...they are spicy shrimp...some places serve them like fajitas...soo good

Samantha-Whole foods overwhelms me everytime I go.... there are sooo many neat things but I've never actually gotten anything to eat from the hot area...there really is like a whole resturant in there

My cousin and her husband come home today! and I get to go home Wednesday...I'm soooo ready...being a single mom of two bratty kids and two dogs is really hard. I'll miss them though and the weather... They live right outside of San Diego on the water...the best weather ever... Why must the East Coast be so humid?

Since I havent had my gym I'm being swimming and walking a lot and doing p90x...it is intense but honestly I thought it would be worse... I really think I get a better workout at the gym... and p90x is a lot of stretching before and after... I sweat and I'm sore...but I sweat more from the stairmaster and I hate workout videos...they are so awkward to me

I've also been doing really well on my more of a whole foods approach, less carbs sorta thing... minus the tiny cup of sherbert last night.... I havent been entering my food into sparkpeople to try to be less crazy about it but I still find myself adding stuff up in my head... its hard when you eat the same things and know the calories by heart

have a fabulous day ladies
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

Samantha - some people just react that way to coffee. It used to not do anything for me, but not so much anymore

Haley - I hope I can be as well-behaved as you when I go to Key West

Okay, just had chicken fajitas, no cheese, no sour cream - and I had a few chips but nothing terrible. However I can FEEL my hands retaining water. Time to chug ice water
Old 06-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #5  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Stellarosa, I love coffee! I try not to drink it everyday, so that I can still get a kick from just one cup, but this morning I had 3 cups on a empty stomach. It's almost 7pm here and I'm still hopped up.

Haley, whole foods are awesome. I mean, even besides the weight loss that comes from cutting out bleached flours and high fructose corn syrup. I feel a gazillion times better without tons of chemicals and preservatives going into my body everyday (I say this as I'm downing a Coca-Cola, but whatever).

This weekend was fun. A friend had a North Carolina style BBQ for his birthday. Doubly awesome b/c we're nowhere near NC. I ate like a pig, but it was totally worth it. It was weird--I noticed that all of the guys and medium-to-large women were eating and drinking and having a ball, and all of the slender women were just eating green beans and salad, definitely not drinking more than a glass of wine or two, and went home early. I'm not sure what that means, but it was food (haha) for thought.

I'm drastically cutting calories this week (going from goal of 1600 but really 1900 to 2000 to being really strict about staying between 1200 and 1500). Wish me luck, and happy Monday, everyone!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

theresac - I became addicted to coffee when I started grad school. /shakes fist. Good luck with the drop in calories.

Haley - Forgot to say before that they did NOT have shrimp tacos, and I was slightly disappointed b/c that's what I want, but I'm hoping to get my fill of shrimp in Florida.

Is today over yet? Sheesh.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #7  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

This is the day that just won't end...

Stella - i feel ya on the caffiene addiction. I just moved back from Italy in January and am still addicted to REAL espresso!!!

Samantha - I am green with envy! Whole foods is AWESOME!

Haley - It's been over 90 and almost 100% humidity here in Savannah for the past two weeks... enjoy San Diego while you can... it is so pretty there!

I have a confession to make: I went to lunch with a coworker planning on ordering a salad and instead got the cuban sandwich. And it was darned tasty! Oh and a scoop of real vanilla icecream back at the office for a coworker's birthday. That's calcium, right? Guess I'll be upping the cardio tonight!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #8  

Sorry I don't have much time for personals. My 10 year old cousin has been visiting and she needs *constant* attention(as in, she wants me to walk her to the bathroom) and needless to say, she's pretty stressful. I am remembering to take my birth control that's for sure lol
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #9  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Girls!

Sounds like Monday is going well for you all.

misstraveller- I had to enforce a "no ice cream rule" on myself until my vacation next month. I was letting too many icecream sammies sneak in.

theresa- We are going to NC next month! And the hubs is TOTALLY planning on some real NC bbq. lol

stella- way to go on the stairmaster. You are a champ. PS: I love your fb statuses....

AFM: I'm just chilling today. Surfing the net a lot and doing some fertility related research. It was raining a lot this morning but now, the sun is out.

Hope your days are great!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Good Tuesday everyone!

Stella- It was a good DnD session though

Sam- sounds like you had an awesome day, I'm glad things went well when you went to visit your dad

theresac- good luck! If I were you I would aim for 1400-1500, so I didnt feel suddenly deprived but you know whats best for you You can do it!

misstraveller- that totally counts as calcium

Not much for me to update here. Its a sunny day which means its freezing lol Its my sisters birthday tomorrow so going to go get her present, go to work, then off to the gym. Hopefully it'll stay nice enough to put my washing outside for a bit ^_^
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Stella-Shrimp is my favorite .... my mom makes the best fried shrimp...I havent had them in a very long time though

Misstraveler- Savannah is one of my favorite places but seriously the humidity there is awful... I hope you have curly hair

Theresac- My whole foods approach is very lax... I honestly am just trying to eat more veggies and protein, less bread and cheese lol..

San Diego has been beautiful I've been blessed with awesome weather everyday and have a very nice tan from it I'll forgive the inital burn

I have also been making eggwhite omlets and protein smoothie like shakes everyday...honestly both are sooo yummy...hopefully I can keep up with it when I get home

Today I just wasnt feel the exerise front... I swam laps for an hour but honestly thats all I could manage... I've been very active here and I wanted to do a p90x dvd again today but its not happening... I think I might actually do my hair and makeup today...I have had no one to impress for a week so its been pretty nice being a bum
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #12  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Oh man all of this talk about BBQ - I currently reside in NC... Home of THE BEST BBQ IN THE WORLD!!!! *ducks and runs*

Okay, okay... I am biased but I just can't do a tomato based BBQ, not on pulled pork anyway.

Stella - way to make awesome choices at the mexican place. It's seriously my downfall... I think the after life will be filled with white queso, chips and baklava... for real!

Samantha - tell Greg's mom she needs to send me a care package. LOL

Haley - I'm jealous of your awesome SD weather. I keep wondering where the perfect place is with perfect weather and everyone say San Diego. However, I am still convinced Cali will fall into the ocean and I don't want to be there when it happens. Ugh yeah I don't even like being left with Holly's 2 kids for 2 hours... I dunno how you've done it this week. Mad respect to all the parents/single parents out there.

Theresa - GOOD LUCK!!! And yes, you definitely cannot drink with the best of them EVERY weekend and lose weight. I always hate going out on a weekend, drinking myself silly and then seeing the scale reflect that I just undid all the hard work I did for the previous 7 days. I think you may be on to something! Sounds like you had a good time though.

Traveller - GOOD LORD HONEY!!! I was just down in Savannah a few weekends ago... I used to live in ATL, but there is NOTHING like that humidity combined with Georgia heat. I feel like I need to send you an extra fan just so you'll survive the summer.

Peachy - oh girl you are a better person than me! And thanks for the reminder for the BC... I feel like I should go take it NOW. HAHAHA!

Heather - where in NC are you headed?

Icon - I think I may a little jealous that you hit Friday before the rest of us! Yay for sibling birthdays... and you can come have some of our heat over this way. It's ridiculously hot!

-----------------
HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE EVERYONE!

I'm wrapping up a 4 day weekend. Man that was nice... back to the real world tomorrow.

On the coffee note I have found that I just don't like my coffee if I don't have the french vanilla creamer in it. That stuff is awesome.

Rocky weekend as I posted earlier but I'm back in the game. I went and got some groceries today. I'm making chicken stir fry (with sugar snaps, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and baby corn) for dinner/left overs this week.

I had a whole wheat flat out wrap today with hummus and turkey breast. YUMMY!

I also have a new work out buddy which is pretty cool. It's a girl I work with and it's been really helpful. She comes and meets me 30 min before days I have my personal trainer so we do cardio/warm up... and then the other days we meet and do cardio for 45-60 minutes. It makes the time go by faster and she def got my butt out of bed on Saturday.

Don't know if any of you have read any of the Queen Betsy series (by Mary Janice Davidson) but I read the first book on Saturday and it was great. A verY light, funny easy read (I literally read it in a day it was about 250 pages).

Sounds like we're off to a great start this week ladies!!!! Let's keep it going. <3
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #13  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Peachy- I temporarily have a 10 year old cousin living with me now and I feel for you!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Haley - 1 hour swimming laps is awesome. When I go at lunch, I only do about 20-25 minutes. Seriously, its an awesome work out, you just don't realize it because its so low impact. Wait a few days...

Heather - Glad you like them I'm very random...

Feral - Yay for work out buddies

I went for a manicure and pedicure and the woman conned me into an eyebrow wax - she did a good job, so I'm not angry. Stay tuned for pictures of my new clothes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies! Remember me?? I haven't been on the boards much...I have just been through so many things this year. But I have maintained my weight loss. So that is a plus!! I have never stopped running or going to WWs.

I have signed up for my first FULL Marathon at Disney in January. I have also started a women's runnning club. We are the PINK Ladies. I am getting my blog up and ready now. I created it to give support and motivation to other ladies to get fit. It is hard to get out there and get active and a buddy makes it a little easier sometimes.

Feral it is so nice to see you still on the boards. for a while i only checked the exercise side and would get off due to time and that is what i was most interested in

Stellarose your WL is amazing. You are doing phenomanal. it sounds like you had such a great day thus far. Mine hasn't been too shabby either

I am such a coffee freak, My day doesn't start off right without it. It doesn't really make awake or crash just makes my day right....can we say addiction

I will be trying to pop in once a day at least! Last time I couldn't keep up because you ladies are chatty...which is great...i just wasn't checking in enough
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote