3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *Adios to the 150 and 140s!* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/204958-%2Aadios-150-140s-%2A.html)

mickletoe 07-09-2010 09:43 PM

SOtypical~That is hilarious...just what I needed a good laugh in the midst of studying :D

sun 07-09-2010 11:11 PM

mickletoe congrats on your wedding! how exciting! cant wait to hear about your wedding dress shopping!

tropica Sounds so exciting! How fun to be shopping with ur mom and grandma/ I am sure you look great!

sotypical Glad you are feeling better and that you are looking forward to the wedding. Post pics of your cute dress.
\
TinasGoal Oh I sure it is water weight and will come off after a good dAY!

tuende WOW! that sounds so cool. KEep us updated!

shasha12 ooohhh! I am so happy for you and can't wait to reach that number myself. Sick and tired of the 150s!
\
UrthWurm yahoo! Way to go girl!

so ladies I have been good and bad while in fl for 2 weeks and starting tomorrow i am kicking it up a knotch! Loads of working out combined with protein shakes to shake things up a bit. hope you all have a great weekend!

tuende 07-10-2010 07:35 AM

Hey girls, finally have a few minutes to do some personals! The pure INSANITY of the last few days has settled and we're settling in to the routine here.

sasha, congrats on the WI. You're SO CLOSE to the 140's! You'll be there soon.

urthworm, congrats to you too!

sun, I like your plan to move on. I think mixing things up always helps.

sotypical, glad you jumped on the daily compliment bandwagon. I think that's a great one- I wish I was tech savy like that :).

As for me... I have not had a single moment to think about weight loss. I have thought about exercising because it just feels like I need it now. A couple of us went running on a track this morning. It never really gets below like 75 over night and it was probably 80 something and humid when we were running. I decided to let them go ahead because I still have a middle school inferority complex about running. I'm running along and all of a sudden this Chinese guy (he was a student at the college I was at) on a bike comes up next to me and is wanting to talk to me to practice his English. He needed the practice. He said his English name was "Good Morning" and that in China they study English in school for 30 or 40 years. He rode next to me the ENTIRE way. It was sufficiently awkward, but he kept saying how lucky he was to find a "pretty girl" to talk to (as I'm sweating a disgusting amount). I might try some JM DVD's in my room tomorrow. The food is incredibly oily and COVERED in MSG, but I think because of the heat and the choas, I've never felt hungry here. I have NO clue how many calories I'm consuming, but I never really think about it. I'm just trying to stay away from convenience store treats that are, well very convenient. I feel like I've known my fellow teachers for years not 4 days- we've had to stick together in all the craziness, but they're a great group. I haven't actually started teaching yet, but we're planning evening games/ all camp activities. I played Pictionary and heads up 7 up which was brand new to the Chinese kiddos them and they LOVED it. Sorry for the novel here! I better post this before I lost my connection again!

girlinwaterglobe 07-10-2010 11:31 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Kelly and I'm beyond thrilled to be in this forum now! I weighed in this morning at 159.2 after about 4 days at 160. I haven't been in the 150's for about six years, when I graduated from HS. A lot of my weight gain has been from stress eating and cafeteria style dining options in college and grad school, so hopefully now that I am starting a job next month and living on my own, I will be much better off. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

UrthWurm 07-10-2010 03:31 PM

Hey Kelly! Welcome to the form.

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Congrats on your losses as well. Let's keep it up!

Weighed in today at 151.8!!!
That's 1.6 lbs down from yesterday! :carrot:

mickletoe 07-10-2010 08:28 PM

Hey Urthworm your doing great so close!!!

Welcome kelly:D And congrats! I know how it is to reach a weight that you havn't been in in a while. For me that was being under 150 I just reach 149 today. This is a HUGE marker for me as yours is to you...Great job..

Sun that is really great that you are redirecting yourself and adding exercising. You are going to reach your goal before you know it!!!

Tuenda~ I am glad to hear you are settling down and that you are connecting so well with the other teachers..

Well Adios

girlinwaterglobe 07-11-2010 10:39 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm at 159 today (.2 down).

TinasGoal 07-11-2010 01:26 PM

OMG! Yesterday was horrible calorie wise! I went to a bar with friends to watch the world cup where I had beer and a grilled cheese. Then we went out to a couple more bars, my entire day was filled with beer and horrible food!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I need to do at least an hour of some serious cardio today! :censored::censored::censored:

UrthWurm 07-11-2010 02:29 PM

So, perhaps my celebration was a bit premature. 152.8 lbs today. Still down, just not as much as I'd hoped.
I'm just going to stay positive and relate that to musce-gain. ;)

shasha12 07-11-2010 02:39 PM

BOO i just wrote a whole thing and it didn't post! grrr

I don't have the patience to write it again LOL i'll be back later or tomorrow :) hope everyone's having an awesome weekend!

girlinwaterglobe 07-12-2010 11:00 AM

I'm at 158 today (1 lb from yesterday, though it is just water weight). I'm at 45 lbs lost today!

tropica 07-12-2010 11:14 AM

Welcome Kelly and congratulations on the 45lbs lost!!! Yay!!

I'm happy today because after my Bachelorette Party Weekend, I'm down! Hurray!

bellona 07-12-2010 12:17 PM

Congrats girlinwaterglobe! I will be at 45 lbs lost when I finally get one more pound down to 153. It's also my first of a string of mini-goals.

Oh, and hi everyone. I've posted in another get out of the 150's thread, but I guess I'm going to join this one now :)

girlinwaterglobe 07-13-2010 09:07 AM

Thanks everyone! It doesn't really feel like I've lost that much at all. I should have been taking before and after photographs.

I'm at 157.4 today (.6 down from yesterday).

shasha12 07-13-2010 11:28 AM

hi all :)

girlinwaterglobe- you're moving right along! go u!!
bellona- WELCOME!!
tropica- that's awesome, how oh how did u manage to be DOWN after ur bach party?? congrats on getting married btw :)
urthwurm- you're still down! a little more work and that low number will be real ;)
tinasgoal- I feel you girl. hopefully that one day didn't send u spiraling out of control... just keep at it!
mickletoe- CONGRATS on seeing the 140s! wooo!!
tuende- SO jealous of your adventures!! have a blast! and maybe offset the calories by having msg and oil-covered veggies and tofu? at least you can get a little exercise...

i am super annoyed this morning! SO, i did really well all last week and hit 150lbs thurs, and it stayed friday. yay right? Then Friday night after doing really well, bf came home and we had a few beers and a little ice cream. Calories for the day came to about 1800. Not awful, esp since I'm cycling calories, but then on Saturday I went psycho for some reason. Top ramen for b'fast, movie popcorn and soda for lunch, taco for dinner. Plus fruit in between. Came to about 2000 calories.

OK OK, fine, whatever... so on Sunday I drank a TON of water and ate around 1400cals. I guess I didn't really pay a lot of attn to my sodium intake, bc the scale still wasn't back down Monday morning. So yesterday I stayed OP perfectly; I ate very little sodium and only around 1300 cals. THE SCALE IS UP. :mad: wth man, that's not how it's supposed to go.

i KNOW it's water weight bc I woke up thirsty and my eyes were puffy. Sure indicator there. But uuuuuuggghhh. I mean whatever, it's not going to make me give up, but i was really hoping to see the 140s this week. UGH