Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #76  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

HI Ladies! I know it's been a while...
Well, long story short I got SUPER DUPER busy at work and I used to set aside time at work to hop on here to update and chat to you all. =/ Shortly after I got SUPER busy, I randomly gained some weight. I wasn't eating 100% perfectly, but definitely NOT poorly enough to justify the amount of gain. Anyhow, got in to see the doctor this week and now I'm just waiting for the test results... I just wanted to pop in to say I'm still alive and kickin' on this weight loss wagon. I'm planning to change my signature soon to reflect what I've decided on while I've been gone. I sure hope to have time soon to come back on and read back through things! Hope all is well with everyone!!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #77  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

tuende - I hope that you scale keeps moving for you with your changes. Also glad you interview went well - can't believe you are going to be in China in 4 days! Still so excited for you.

shasha - I have been bad too! We need to kick each other in the butt. Yay for your boyfriend getting the job!

Jelbb - sorry to hear that you have been so down and what your doctor gave you isn't work. I hope you guys can find something that works for you.

UrthWurm - Welcome! going to my mom's house always makes me want to binge. ALWAYS! Even seeing her sometimes make me wanna eat. It is weird. My guess is because that's what I used to do there, not sure. I am sure you can get back on track today.

SnowWolf - don't be ashamed because you have been here a year. That isn't long at all. This is my 4th year - but hey, at least I am still here!

Me. I have been bad, bad bad bad. Even worse then last week. *sigh* I don't think this weekend is going to be any better. But on Monday I am have to smarten up. The scale was way up this morning, mostly water weight I know, but still. I have been exercising a bit. Went to the pool on Wednesday and my back felt SOOOOOO awesomely good after that. Only lasted a few hours though. Went to the pool again this morning for work - it didn't help as much as it did on Friday. But sitting in this dumb work chair doesn't help either.

I know I haven't been saying things I like about me, like it was pointed out. But I guess because I am worried I will run out of things to say - quickly. LOL
Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

umm wow, I have been just mindlessly eating... i added up the calories i've had today... already at 755! haha oops, looks like I'm going to be hungry tonight!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #79  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
UrthWurm - Welcome! going to my mom's house always makes me want to binge. ALWAYS! Even seeing her sometimes make me wanna eat. It is weird. My guess is because that's what I used to do there, not sure. I am sure you can get back on track today.
I completely relate to this! Every time I visit my mom or family, or even just talk to them on the phone, I start subconsciously overeating! I think my brain relates family to food. I did binge eat frequently while I still lived with my mother. Most of my bad eating habits were formed in a house often filled with an overabundance of bad, junky, snack foods. It's just too easy to fall back into bad habits.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #80  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Sasha, I like your "confessions"- somehow getting it off your chest can make it easier to get past. Put the "bad" days behind you and you'll be back on track. I like that you set very specific actions you will take that are totally do-able. Plus having a supportive bf should be a big boost!

stargzr, SO GLAD to see you back! Pop back in more often, but don't feel pressured to keep up with the novel-length posts we have been writing. Curious to hear what these decisions are...

sotypical, that's great that the pool helps your back. I just love to swim- I should do it more. It just makes everything feel lose and flow-ey. And girrrrrrl, c'mon with the I'm-gonna-run-out-of-compliments business! There's no way that's possible! Plus, that's means that you at least have a couple you can start with! Just do it... you can .

In my world, I'm just bumming around trying to see people before I take off. I try so hard to get social events away from food, but today I was supposed to go on a hike with 4 people, which turned into canoeing with 3 people instead, which turned into lunch/coffee with just 2 of us. Oh well, I tried. I'm actually pretty good at the restaurant thing now, so it was fine and it was a nice chance to catch up. I've also been doing lots of organizing/cleaning which I thoroughly enjoy and find incredibly cathartic.

Daily Compliment: I like that I've become confident without completely changing my personality. I used to be painfully shy- I was seriously the kid who NEVER spoke in class and was super anti-social (which is kind of ironic considering that all I do every day now is talk in front of the class ). I always thought it was kind of an all-or-nothing deal: I could either be the shy person I was or I'd have to learn to be this completely different, extroverted person. I still have a more reserved and slightly dorky personality, but I'm not scared of taking risks or being judged for who I am.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #81  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Heeeeeey everyone,

I hope you're all having a good night! I haven't been here in forever. Work's been crazy busy (we're moving locations) and I'm siiiiiiick. I'm sitting here in sweats and a hoodie in July because I'm cooooold. And my throat hurts. I woke up today to run before work and I felt like I had two hours sleep (instead of close to nine, I felt it coming on last night).

So yeah, feel like I've gained weight (probably haven't really though, just haven't lost) and haven't worked out. Busy busy day at work tomorrow, but we're closing early for the move and I'm hoooooooping that means I can just do my stuff (and only my stuff) and leave. We have to go in Sunday too. *sigh*

How's everyone doing here? I haven't been reading up on your posts (fail, me) but I promise I'll try and be more of a regular again soon.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #82  

Looks like everyone is enjoying their weekend

sotypical- i agree w tuende, a little introspection is good for all of us, and i'm sure there is a ton of stuff about u that's great! if u think you'd run out of compliments for yourself, that's all the more reason to get started!!! those compliments can help change ur way of thinking.

urthwurm- i tend to do that, too. i think it's because my bad eating habits started at home. i have to really be careful about food when i'm around my family!

tuende- i'm so impressed! good job going out to eat and feeling good about it! i'm glad you got to catch up with a friend... man china is going to be amazing, i'm so jealous!

rockstar- hope you're feeling better soon!!!

me: i'm on day 2 of being back OP! yesterday went alright, after i realized i was snacking like crazy. I saved up the rest of my calories and ate too late last night, and drank coke zero, so i know i had too much sodium. but, stayed within my cal count, so that's a start. doing fine today so far, although today's going to be a low day on my cal-cycle. going to stretch and try to get some light exercise too.

one thing i like:
i have long legs, and when they're properly toned, they're pretty hot! boyfriend likes em even now (not so toned haha)

hope everyone has a good 4th of july!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone I got busy and haven't been around in a while. Not coming here is bad for my weight loss. I'm doing ok, but I'm sad about not reaching my 4th of July goal. I should have worked harder, I totally could have reached it

I'm definitely using the disappointment in myself to keep going forward and stay motivated so I don't have these same regrets in the future.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #84  

Happy Independence Day!!! Hope you are all off celebrating. I'm going to hang with the fam later today. Apparently my grandma's cooking a turkey? I mean, I'm all for it and the weather around here does seem a little more November than July, but it's still a little odd. A little odd is kind of the status quo around my family. Anyone do anything fun?

Rockstar, hope you're feeling better and can get out of work and enjoy the holiday!

sasha, hope you're continuing your successful streak. I'm trying not to let the holiday throw me off!

Tinasgoal, welcome. It's totally OK not to meet goals sometime. You'll get there, just not in the time frame you had originally planned on. Don't be too hard on yourself- sounds like you're ready to work hard and move forward .

Other than enjoying the holiday weekend I've been cleaning like crazy and decided I should probably get around to packing. I started yesterday and then today realized that all I had packed was books and flip flops. Typical. I'm almost done and I have some actual clothes packed, which should come in handy. TMI alert, TOM is here and it's only been 2 weeks since my last one. Weird, but I'm trying not to worry too much about it. Anyone else had anything like that before?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #85  

OK ladies, I'm just packing up my computer to head to the airport! I'm not sure how often I'll be able to pop in, but I'll try...

Talk to you when I'm in CHINA!!!

Peace.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #86  
Starting Fresh

tuende - have a safe trip!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #87  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Safe trip tuende]!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

Thank you for the kind words tuende. Have a wonderful trip.

I also wanted to share something positive with you guys. Gaining this weight has been really depressing for me. I'm the heaviest in my family, and the heaviest out of my friends. I was also bummed when I didn't reach my 4th of July goal.

But you know what? I felt really good this weekend. I wore a new dress which got a lot of compliments and bought a new bikini. I actually looked at myself and felt hot this weekend for the first time in years. While I have more weight to lose, I feel good.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Hey everybody! I've been absent for awhile...it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Two days after my cat was put to sleep, I got into a car accident and totaled my car. Luckily, no one was hurt, but I was quite sore for a few days. I think I'm finally feeling better. As for my CC, it hasn't been going so well. I've tried not to over eat, but I haven't been calculating what I eat and I'm sure my calorie intake is way over what I should be eating. I have also avoided coming back and posting because I have felt so guilty about what I have been eating. However, I'm back and ready to get back on track.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #90  

bye tuende!!! have fuuuuuuuuun

tinasgoal- how awesome is that! so glad you were feeling hot and sexxxxxy this weekend! that's some incentive right there, huh?

tropica- ouch! i'm glad you're OK, but how scary!! don't worry, you'll be back on track soon. if you're not eating like crazy you can't be doing that much damage... if u are, we'll be here when you're ready to confess

personally, i did really well this weekend! it was the 4th, so i hung out with my sister and niece, and the boy plus a few friends. we walked around downtown a lot (yay exercise), but stopped at a pizza place to get some lunch. i had one piece + 3 bites of a second piece, before deciding I was full. I used to eat the whole 2nd piece, so there's some progress! then we stopped at a gelato place, and i shared a small one w my sister, but didn't even eat my whole half, just had a taste. drank lots of water, stayed w/in calories... generally did pretty well. scale's headed in the right direction, so all is good in my world.

one thing i like:
i'm really flexible! except my back's injured right now, so i'm not as flexible as i usually am, but still, pretty bendy
Closed Thread