3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 06-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #46
I will do this.

I am grumpy, too.

Totally f*cked up this weekend. Complete binge fest. D*MN IT.

OK, got back on track yesterday, workout today and I am totally back to it.

I am gonna get to 199 if it is the only thing I do this summer...

...which it won't be but I am just sayin'

Oh, and F today.

"The shape of my body obeys the shape of my beliefs about love, value and possibility. To change my body, I must first understand that which is shaping it."-Women, Food and God

Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #47
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm with Taylor.

Eff today. I may be about to make the best or worst decision of my life. Either way, red wine is involved.

~Jennierose~
You must save yourself or remain unsaved - Alice Sebold
It's a very rare person who is taken for what he truly is.

COMPLETED:
Cherry Blossom 10 mile run - April 3, 2011
DC Triathlon (Spring)- June 19, 2011
Annapolis Half Marathon - November 19, 2011
Hot Chocolate 15K - December 3, 2011

New Blog: http://stellarosa27.wordpress.com/
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #48
60 KM's north of Awesome

S/C/G: 222/206/120

Height: 5'0

Smisen - What kind of dance classes? Sounds like a fun way to work-out!

In agreeance. Today definitely sucks @$$ on the crappy scale.

Hope everyone's Thursday will bring happiness and silly shenanigans!
Angry Mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #49

Height: 5'11

Haley- My TOM has gotten worse as I have gotten older. UGH!
My bf is Catholic (I'm baptist) and I went to my first mass with him and I felt so out of place, and wasn't sure what to do. Good luck.

PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #50
Brighter than the moon!

I was raised Catholic and I still can't figure out when to stand up and sit down.

Welp. CB is no longer CB. And that's cool. He's a great guy, but doesn't feel the way about me that I feel about him. And that's fine. Nothing negative against either of us, just not meant to be. And now I can get the heck on with my life.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to cry about it. A lot.

~Jennierose~

COMPLETED:

Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #51
I will do this.

Oh, honey. I think you are fab and it took so much guts to do what you did. I would totally open a nice bottle of vino with you! It's gonna be okay.

And you wanna know why? Cause tomorrow is a new day.

And I am so excited for tomorrow that I am going to bed early.

Not to say that today wasn't a success food/workout wise cause it was. (2nd day back on track after evil weekend) but getting back on the wagon always takes everything I have the first two days...It's like going through withdrawl.

Anywho - you girls are all so beautiful and I am so thankful to have each and every one of you.

Tomorrow: I am going to have a 90 minute workout and then going to dinner with the family for my brother birthday. No bread, wine or apps. Sticking to some sort of salad with the dressing on the side.

Watch out 199. I am coming to get you.

"The shape of my body obeys the shape of my beliefs about love, value and possibility. To change my body, I must first understand that which is shaping it."-Women, Food and God

Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #52

S/C/G: 245/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls. Sorry, there is just too much to catch up on. I am slacking this week. Just so tired these last few days and cannot seem to get a good nights sleep for some reason. Hubby and I have decided it is time to buy a new mattress. However, we have to save up the money for it. I told him if we were getting a new mattress I wanted a whole new set. We have a queen now and I want a king with new box springs and frame. So, a mattress may be my problem.
Classes started back Tuesday. Trying to get back into the swing of studying.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will catch up tomorrow.

"Being fat is hard. Losing is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard."

June Daily Weigh-In!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #53
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Stella and Feral- yeah we couldnt take her with us To be honest though, I was worried enough about taking care of 2 people, let alone a cat too! When I next go home I'll have to take a photo of her enourmous winter coat, it really is hilarious xD Poor wee thing. She tries so hard xD And feral- boo back pain! Make sure you stay active! My boyfriend has been taking very good care of me, I had to come home at lunch today and slept until about 6pm, he's just popped out to get me drugs and then hes going to make me dinner ^_^

Pammy- cramps ftl I used to get terrible ones with vomitting etc, and was on the prescription antiinflammatories but they stoppped working after a while. Exercise does NOT work for me, thank you every PE teacher and GP who tried to tell me that (have these people ever TRIED exercising while throwing up?!). Only things that work for me are injected muscle relaxants and the pill needless to say, I've gone with the pill, dunno if thats something you've looked into or not

Samantha- whats a silly band?? A sex jelly bracelet? Is it like something you wear for abstinence, like a promise ring or something? (yes I totally realise this is setting myself up for hilarity at my naivity xD)

Feral- shouldnt you get a summer break soon? I always forget that you guys dont have xmas over summer You should totally plan a vacation though! Lots of my friends at the moment have been travelling, if i had the funds I would totally have caught the travel bug xD

Taylor- I have every faith that you will get there You always keep going and I think thats amazing

stella- sending you heaps and heaps and heaps of hugs right now. At least now you know and you can start to move on and make positive steps in other areas, including romance when you are ready, instead of pursuing a line that is ultimately not going to work out. You are great in all ways

For everyone having a crappy Wednesday, I can tell you that Thursday is definately better. The sun will be out, it wont rain, might be a bit crisp in the morning but it'll be toasty by the afternoon

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 06-03-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #54
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Morning 176.5 this morning WOOHOOO do a little dance hehe I made a fritatta last night for dinner and i wasnt so sure about it because I'm not a big egg eater but OMG it was delicious!! and it was nice to the scale lol.
Zumba again this morning i'm another whos fallen in love with it and i think its cause and hour flies by feels like 10 min my kinda workout!

For every 5lbs
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #55
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Well Ladies, today is a new day! It's my Friday so I'm ridiculously giddy and while the coffee is not fantastic this morning it has vastly improved from yesterday.

Mittens - I love you for the simple fact that you said shananigans. That should be the word of the day!

Haley - I was raised on "Catholic Lite" as Stella calls it, meaning Episcopalian. It's the same thing, up, down, up down, say a weird prayer, up, down, "And also with you" blah blah blah really boring serman, up down up down, communion but no confession.... How'd it go and why on earth did you have to go to mass?

Pammy - that is NO fun. I haven't really researched it but I think there was a discussion around here a while ago about whether cramps were worse at a higher weight or less weight. I wonder if it really varies from person to person or if it has anything to do with it. Either way I'm sorry. *hugs*

Stella - I already said this to you and I know it won't make you feel any better, but at least you know. It may not have been the answer you wanted, but you can move on now.... and you are quite the catch. Someone will be very lucky... in the mean time bust open the wine and we can let the man bashing begin! I'm all for it!

Taylor
- way to get back on plan, chicky. The first days ARE the hardest.... and it really is a detox. Either way I'm sure you will be back to feeling better and "new" in no time!

Shauna - I don't think most people really grasp how expensive mattresses are.... good luck with that. I don't envy you with classes starting back up again. Hang in there!

Icon
-Awww I understand about Molly. My parents wouldn't let me take Phoenix with me when I moved to Atlanta. Part of it was because my Dad couldn't deal with both us going and part of it was because they were worried about me taking care of him. Trust me, I would've gone without food before he did. I was thinking about the weather and what not now for you guys this morning. [Yeah, I know, I think about random **** in the morning when I'm waking up.] Do you guys have your summer break from school and what not during December (your summer)? That would be kind of cool to have a long break over the holidays.

I work during the summer as I am a 12 month employee (vs. 10 month like the teachers). I'm in charge of records so I have to get those squared away and to their proper schools, etc. It's nice because there are literally only 6 people in the office + custodians. And the way the offices are split there is no one on my side of the office at all.

Quote:
whats a silly band?? A sex jelly bracelet? Is it like something you wear for abstinence, like a promise ring or something? (yes I totally realise this is setting myself up for hilarity at my naivity xD)
Too funny! A silly band is all the rage with kids across the US. They are bracelets made of rubber that actually turn into shapes. So you take off the bracelet and lay it on the table and it may be anything from a kangaroo to a motorcycle. The kids trade them, etc. They're pretty cool, but it's just gotten out of hand how into it people are. Just like every other fad.

The jelly sex bracelets were just regular bracelets of different colors. Apparently the kids would wear them and different colors meant that they would "do" certain sexual favors... so say a girl was wearing a pink bracelet and that meant she would kiss you... if a boy ran up and broke it off she would have to kiss him. Google it.

Bizarre stuff, man!

Skinny - WOOHOO! I am def gonna try Zumba out at least once, they offer it at my gym so I have to see what the hype is about.
------------------
Alright, so I just have to get through today..... then TRAINER assessment tonight at the gym. Wish me luck and lets hope I don't get an a-hole that makes me feel like a beached whale. The guy that's doing mine tonight is actually the head of all the trainers at the gym so he better be nice or I will kick him in the shin!

I was back down to 182.6 this morning after being 184 yesterday. As Taylor said, 179 I'm coming to get you!!!!

Errands tonight... then packing... and hoping I can sleep tomorrow since I'm leaving early for my trip! WHEEEEEEEEEEE! SO, SO, SO EXCITED!!!

BTW- I just found out Savannah is considered to be one of the most haunted places in the US. I am SO very excited!!!!

Have a great day everyone! <3

One for every 5 lbs lost

1st Goal: 198 (01/17/09) 2nd Goal: 188 (03/31/10) 3rd Goal: 178 (07/10/10)
4th Goal: 168 5th Goal: 158 6th Goal: 148

Last edited by Feral; 06-03-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #56
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Stella - Hugs! Sorry to hear about CB, but it sounds like the right decision. Mad props to you for making the call

Mittens - Wednesday night is hip hop and contemporary, although contemporary was canceled. It's alright, though - hip hop was awesome enough to make up for it!

Feral - Have a blast on your trip! Sounds like a blast

I'm feeling much better this morning - dance really helped last night! Now I worked out, I've got some new music for my iPod, I've got my to-do list ready to go - I think I'm ready to face today

http://www.yesandyes.org/2010/04/you...gnificant.html
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #57
Brighter than the moon!

Thanks ladies I'm more relieved than anything else. I was prepared for a no. If it was yes, well, then...that would have been a problem.

~Jennierose~

COMPLETED:

Old 06-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
Samantha417

Blech. So yesterday I barely ate for the whole day because I just didn't have an appetite. I had a carnation instant breakfast before the gym, and then I didn't eat until 4 when I had a buffalo chicken wrap and a bag of baked lays. But I was still a good 1000 calories under. Then I went to my friend's house, and they had brie, gouda, and mozzarella cheese, a french baguette, FREAKING NUTELLA, these amazing "cupcake" cookies, and some fruit. Oh, and arbor mist. I pigged out!! So again, I wake up feeling icky. Today is a complete fresh new day because I have nothing else to really get in my way, except my graduation dinner on saturday at an italian restaurant, but I can plan for that one. I'm not standing on the scale today though. And I'm going to the gym and working my butt off.

Stella: sorry to hear about CB, but it's good that you're keeping your head up about all of this!

Skinnybride: are you taking a zumba class or do you have a dvd? I want to try it out, but I don't know if I'll like it because I SUCK at dancing! But it seems that everyone loves it so maybe I will too. Just don't know where to find a "sample"

Feral: have a great trip!! I'm so jealous of your weekends, you always are doing something awesome!

Smisen: glad you're feeling better!

have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #59

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I'm going out of town to St Louis this weekend to see Liza Minelli. The hotel has a exercise room but you know how those are...a treadmill and a universal. But it's an upscale hotel maybe it'll have a bit more. I won't have too much time to eat so that should help as far as binging or what have you....still nervous. Liza would want me to stay on plan....do it for Liza...
Goal#1: 199 pounds
Goal#2: 185 pounds, no longer obese
Goal#3: 170 pounds

Goal#4: 154 pounds, no longer overweight
Goal#5: 140 pounds
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #60
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Smisen - go get today, girl!

Samantha - nutella would get me every time. Whenever I go to buy peanut butter at the grocery store it stares me in the face and I have to walk away. Lately my trips HAVE been awesome. I had a bout of depression from September to February and then once spring hit I hit the ground running. My therapist actually says I need to slow down, I think she may be right.

Stuffed - LOL @ Liza! Sounds like you will have a blast! I think most hotel gyms have expanded a little bit. If nothing else there is always a treadmill and elliptical. I'll be doing the same thing. I wake up ridiculously early on the weekends because of my work routine so I'm hoping to be able to hit it up while everyone is still sleeping Saturday and Sunday. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Half way through the day.... come on 3:30.... although at the moment I don't feel like working out so I'm trying to pump myself up before I see the trainer!

One for every 5 lbs lost

1st Goal: 198 (01/17/09) 2nd Goal: 188 (03/31/10) 3rd Goal: 178 (07/10/10)
4th Goal: 168 5th Goal: 158 6th Goal: 148
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote