Old 05-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default BAHHHH. Plateau... at least feels like it.

I have been stuck at the same weight for two weeks, going on 3. Granted, the move probably threw things off a bit, but still. Gah! I am so frustrated. How do you bust plateaus-- or is this one? I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I had been losing weight rapidly and it's stopped all the sudden. How do I bust through it?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

this is very normal... one usually does hit a plateau after 40 pounds or so... you just need to be patient and eat fat burning foods.. im sure you can find a list online... it'll happen... and it will drop together.... why not make your weekly weigh ins into monthly ones?
Sameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

You can try changing your macro-nutrient ratio. May be reduce some carbs and eat more protein. I am not suggesting on going on a very low carb diet though.

You can also decrease your calorie intake (if you have a wiggle room there) or may be start exercising harder.
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #4  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

If things have changed a bit for you recently and your plan has been derailed even slightly it might not be a plateau. The best thing you can do is keep doing what you're doing. Follow your program and stick with it and the plateau might resolve itself. If it's been less than a month you could just be stalling for a bit and it might not even really be a plateau.

If after a month you're still at the same weight doing the exact same things you might have to change things up a bit to bust through. Varying the exercise or increasing the calories by 10% is usually what I do/would recommend.

Seriously though, I know it's frustrating but I wouldn't be panicking yet. Don't get discouraged and keep doing what you were doing and take it from there.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #5  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

don't get discouraged, just keep going like nothing happened, it may not even be a plateau, just keep going forward, eating right and maybe increase your cardio by a little by duration or strentgh
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I had a similar situation, my weight wouldn't budge for two weeks! And I crept back up to 180.

I tried having a fat day where I ate a unhealthy dinner and indulged a bit, then switched up my work out routine. I've lost almost 3 pounds of it within the past few days. A trainer at my gym said that every 6 weeks you need to switch your routine or you risk a plateu.

Keep at it, it'll budge soon!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote