Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default .+*Weekly Chat April 12-18*+.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING, LADIES (and Josten if he's still hanging around)!

I'm pretty sure I have a sinus headache... def need to take some meds soon. I weighed on the new scale I bought yesterday. I finally got tired of second guessing the other one so I bought a new one, but I think the old one was right for some reason it just hopped around a lot. When I initially stepped on the new one it said 186.something but then it settled on 187.4 which is fine by me. A move in the right direction and no more 188-190 bull$hit.

I really think I'm going to have to take a rest day today from the gym. I am still really sore and I was coughing last night/sneezing this morning. I'm sure it's allergies, but I don't want to push myself.

----------------------------------
In response to last week's chat:

Chele/Jenny/Sam - hang in there girls. I know it's frustrating. I have the same problems too, but you'll get there. And you two are DEFINITELY more fit than you were a year ago.

Smisen - EEEEK!!! I'm sure you'll find something. Don't panic - one thing at a time, one step at a time, you're just gonna have to get on the ball. I forgot to ask you because I know I've wondered this before - Is that you in your avatar pic? If so what were you doing?!

Nicole - you will make it! DO NOT GIVE IN... as much as you want because you're going to have to start all over again with the cravings. I know GNC used to carry candy bars by Asher (at least the one near my house did), but they don't anymore. They are low carb candy bars which really aren't that bad tasting but you have to watch the sugar alcohols because it can make your tummy hurt. Also, since TOM is coming, I know you aren't supposed to on your first 14 days, but I also found low carb ice cream bars made by Breyers that are reallllly good. It may not be as low carb as you want, but it's probably better than digging into a bag of hersheys.

Stella
- I'm with you on all of us collectively thinking THIN!!!

Skinny - sounds like you had a good vacation!!!! And way to get back on track!

Lissa - GET YOUR BOOTY IN GEAR!!! and if you have to put on sneakers then so be it!!! [Remember, you said you wanted us to push you! ]

Bex - WELCOME! This site is pretty fantastic.

Jenny - GET TO FEELING BETTER!!!!

Icon - you too, dammit!

Jess - CONGRATS!!! I'm so proud of you and LMAO @ the Purgatory comment!!!! Hit me up on Gchat I want to hear about this sponsor!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I had a rotten weekend. So long story short, I have three supervisors at my summer job, which is the place I was volunteering at this past weekend. One supervisor is very nice and friendly, one is usually never around, and the other one is one of those women who is basically just thinks everything needs to go perfectly her way, and snaps at you hourly when you don’t act the way she wants you too. I’ve put up with it for five years, and I’m getting near to starting my sixth summer at that job.

Last year, and this upcoming year (if I still work there) I have been working directly under her as I had a promotion. This means seeing her constantly. Well… I’m sick of her snapping at me. I was there for one weekend VOLUNTEERING and she couldn’t stop, it seemed. I smiled too much on the flag field. I mean, I’m working with kids. I smiled at a child. She had dropped the flag and I was trying to keep her from crying and being embarrassed in front of all the parents who were watching. What a horrible thing to do to a child!!! But OMGSZ!!!!!111!! We are supposed to be serious at flag lowering. So she snapped at me all evening about things after that, and then in the morning she lectured me about how the flag lowering was the worst one in years, and how I had better try harder at flag raising that morning. Then that afternoon when my volunteering was done, she pulled me into her office and started going on about how I need to watch my attitude with her and respect her, so I stood up for myself and everyone else who she daily infuriates and told her that she needs to watch her attitude with all of us, and that the way she treats us is very unprofessional. She wanted examples, so I gave her plenty of examples, and she could not even give me ONE example of how my attitude was poorly toward her. She just kept bringing up how I was “acting inappropriate and goofy” at flag when I should have been serious.

SO… I told my supervisor off about her own attitude. I think I could get penalized for that, but she needs to hear it. She’s been screwing with people ever since she started that job, which was my first year working there. I’ve seen far too many of my friends cry over things she’s said. I’m proud of myself for being brave though. Okay, I made that story long I guess. I just needed to rant and get it out. I really love my job; everything about it, except that one woman. I'd say that's a pretty good number for the sake that I work with 300 people on a first name/know you well basis.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #3  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Good Morning My ankles have been so sore after exercise this past week i thought after 4 days with no workouts over vaca they would feel better but noooo they are still sore so i'm going to soak them and ice them and looked up some physical therapy ankle exercises for injuries. I do 30ds which is a lot of tippy toe exercises as i call them jumping jacks, high knees, butt kicks. I guess i just need to build up some strength in them.
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!
Feral - hope your feeling better too! Yay for being 187, thats so exciting! I have no idea what I weigh as I Was on vacay for my last official vacay...so its driving me crazy...but I have another 3 weeks until I can weigh myself...TORTURE I TELL YOU!!!!!
Definitly take a rest day, I was going to as well, but its really nice here today so I think I'll walk for my lunch break and just stay away from the gym...thats a good idea!

Jess - Congrats thats freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Everlasting - way to be brave lady!!! good for you!! Sticking up for yourself - a trait many of us need and never use.

Last edited by JennyG; 04-12-2010 at 08:57 AM.
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/208/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning ladies! My weekend was pretty fun...minus eating a couple of things i probably shouldn't have and having some drinks lol. I have to get my butt into gear this week and really get back on my point counting and exercising. I work out with my daughters father 2 days a week (my ex) and he took my scale away last week. Said i was way to dependent upon what the scale says. I'm only allowed to weigh once..maybe twice a month. I gave in and decided to try it his way. We'll see how it goes!
mentallyskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm so over weight-loss. I want a vacation from life. 175.8 this morning. So that's a gain of 2.4 lbs in 5 days from eating 1400 calories a day and exercising an hour per day.

I'm thinking positive, and thinking thin, but this is going to take some work. My paper is 95% done, so I'm hoping that after that's turned in I can go to the gym at school tomorrow and just sweat it all off. Today is my rest day, my body hurts.

Happy Monday (oxymoron, I know).

THINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHINTHIN
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #7  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Good morning everyone!!!

Feral - Yay for new scales! I hope mine comes soon! I hate having to wait for my parents to get up/leave so I can go use the scale.

Everlasting - That sucks, people who are high and mighty about their jobs are the worst! Good for you for standing up for yourself and your co-workers! I hope she changes her tune before your summer starts!

Skinnybride - Take a break!

Mentallyskinny - Good luck!

Stella - I totally hear you, let's stay positive and think THIN!

I had a pretty good weekend, yesterday we walked around in Philly for a few hours - it was gorgeous out! Today Roy and I are going hiking

Last edited by platformnine; 04-12-2010 at 09:54 AM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

Everlasting- way to stick up for yourself!!!!! That really is hard, I hate confrontation and I can't believe your boss is such a b$tch about the flag raising. I get that it's serious, but really?! It's kids... and like you said, you were trying to help a child. I always get infuriated with people and then I have to remind myself that you never know what they're going through. Maybe she has a parent with a terminal illness or she's going through a divorce or something awful has been going on with her (I know, 5 years seems like a long time) and that sometimes makes me look at things differently. All I can say is that if you've had this confrontation and she doesn't get her $hit together I would call HR or her direct supervisor and complain so you at least have it on record.

Bride - take it easy!!! Ah the days of 30DS. One day I'll start doing it again, I remember it kicking my booty big time when I did it a year ago!!!

Jenny - I really should do that. I can't weigh again until Wednesday and then I may try to go a week. It really is so hard.... I may wait and see how I feel later tonight. If I'm still kind of blah I'm not going to go to the gym but if it's just allergies and I'm feeling better I'll hit it up.

Mentally - GOOD LUCK getting back on track. You can do it, you just need to really dive in there!!!!

Holy Cross Post -

Stella - you KNOW you did not gain 5 lbs. It's all water retenion. Seriously, as soon as you start sweating again it's going to be a big ol' WHOOSH!

Mary - Glad to hear you had fun in Philly. That makes me jealous. Not that I've ever been to Philly but that sounds like a lot of fun!

Last edited by Feral; 04-12-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #9  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I saw 219.5 today, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I know tomorrow I will see 220 again.

The next few weeks are going to be loooong.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #10  

Sam - CHANGE YOUR MINDSET!!!! Think positive, like the Little Engine That Could!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Yay! I can participate in this weeks chat. Usually I forget until its too far in and I think its hard to just jump in.
This weekend I found out that I got a job that I wanted, its only a month long job, but it pays 26 $ an hour and they are 12 hour days. hello pay cheque! Only downside is that the jobs about 400 km away from where i live now, so I'm going to be away from my friends and BF for a whole month. When I get back from it though ( it goes May 13- June 16th) the BF and I are going to Mexico. so MOTIVATION! Needed to lose the rest of my weight!

Stella- are you measuring your self? while the scale might not be in your favor at this moment, with all that exercise you could totally be losing inches without really knowing it!
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

I'm not losing inches, or gaining muscle, and TOM is not right around the corner.

I'm carrying around 5 lbs of water - its actually visible, as in my thighs are all jiggly and my thighs are NOT jiggly. I haven't been able to sweat since last Tuesday. Its disgusting, and I don't understand it.

Sorry, don't mean to be a brat, this is just really frustrating. I love to sweat, its partly why I love to work out so much. My skin looks better and feels cleaner, and as a whole I just feel great afterward, but I've been pushing myself so hard for the past few days, and not sweating one bit. My face will get moist, but the rest of my body is completely dry.

I'm just taking it easy, eating well as I normally would, and this will go away in time, but I know its not gaining muscle, losing fat (and that can't happen real time anyway) and I'm not shrinking, I just look like a water balloon.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #13  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Feral - Feel better!!!! And yep, that's me in my avatar, bellydancing at a Renn Faire last summer. I'm trying to be more relaxed about wedding stuff today, but I'm still freaking out a little bit. Hopefully we can go do a registry or something tonight - I just need to feel like I'm getting something done!

Everlasting - You are totally my hero this morning I wish I had the b*lls to say something like that to the owner of my company...

Stella - Like Feral said, you know that's not real, and it's not permanent. Maybe not a break from weight loss, but a break from the scale? At least until things sort themselves out?

Ali - You can do it! And even if the scale does say 220 tomorrow, at least it doesn't say 240 You'll get there - even if it takes a little longer than you hope.

Not much exciting going on over here (stupid Mondays!). I made it to the gym this morning and got my workout in - panicking over how quickly my wedding is approaching is making it a LOT easier to stay on track with my diet & exercise...

Hope you're all well!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Yeah, my scale is banished until Thursday. I made that decision this morning, because I'm just getting annoyed at it.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #15  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

morning/afternoon ladies i got a nice walk in today to the grocery store to go get some coffee so i figure that was maybe 15 minute walk even had a person to walk with back . i may slack on the workout to take the kids out to play at the park
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote