Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #1  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Unhappy :(

I am having one of those days.

I feel fat.
I feel lonely.
I feel depressed.

I want to eat to make myself feel better.
I don't want to leave my bed.

I havent had one of these days in ages.

What do I do?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 312/301/125

Height: 5'3''

First, realize the HUGE step you just made. Instead of going immediately to food,you came on here for help. I had one of those days yesterday and I did the same thing. I read some success stories, wrote a blog and got up to do my work out video. I did feel better afterward. The best advice I can give you is to get busy! Distract yourself. Even if its perusing facebook and myspace. We're all here for you!
ttmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Put on the outfit that makes you feel the sexiest, write down three positive things about your body (any little thing counts!) and then throw an at home dance party to whatever music you enjoy most. I find it just about impossible to stay sad whenever I play Lady Gaga's "Telephone".
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

I hear ya

Have a good cry and then get the negative thoughts out of your head. I journal and write until I have nothing left to write. Write about what you want from life.

Then, take stock of all the good in your life. Get out of bed and do something good for yourself that takes care of you. I take a shower and do a mani/pedi and facial. Then, I do a to-do list for the next day and then get a good night's sleep so I'm ready to accomplish everything on my list.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I know just how you feel and it can be unbearable. Please do something good for yourself. You know that eating will only make you feel worse ultimately. Take care of yourself.
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/160/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I am having one of those days.

I feel fat.
I feel lonely.
I feel depressed.

I don't want to leave my bed.

I havent had one of these days in ages.

What do I do?
We are deserving of love on both our good days and our bad days. Find the love you feel for yourself and hold onto it. One day at a time.

Take care
Natasha629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #6  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

If your weather is nice, I would say get out in the open air and sunshine. Take a walk. Nature can refresh us sometimes and take our mind off food.
It also gets us away from the frig!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #7  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

aww.. i have those days too! but Keep your eyes toward the sunshine(and 3fc) and you wont see the shadows!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

If it's nice out get out and get some fresh air! I have days like this and I just have to snap out of it... get some fresh fruit (a serious pick me up for me) and take a little walk in the sunshine .

I hope you feel better soon!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #9  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey bex,

I think we all get those, I know I do! And like ttmarie23 said, this is a huge step, the fact that you came on here instead of taking comfort in food! You're already making progress then! I wish you the best!
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #10  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I have to agree with Smisen and all of the other girls. The biggest and hardest part of emotional eating is recognizing it and holding off even though you want to more than anything.

Make a list of things that you have accomplished and can be proud of. Call a friend that understands. Get up out of bed even though you don't want to... and go do something. Take a hot bath. Cry a little. Write in a journal. Go work out.

There are lots of things you can do. GOOD LUCK!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #11  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

doing something physical always makes me feel better... thats why i'm so good and sticking to my work out routine
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Agreed, you have to face it, own it, dust yourself off and get on with it.

We all have those days, but it's what you do when the day is over that matters. Hope you feel better soon
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

You havent had one of these days in ages- what triggered this one? Remember that even though you feel fat today, that doesnt mean you are When I have these days, I say "ok, well it feels bad like this, lets take some steps to change it" and then I go to the gym, or for a walk, or I plan my eating for the week and buy some healthy treats etc. Then you feel like you are treating yourself, and you have a plan not to feel like this again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
We both know this wont work
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #14  
Samantha417

Honey, I'm on the same boat as you. This whole weekend was just miserable for me. I feel huge, I feel depressed, I feel alone, and I feel empty inside. I just don't have any energy to do anything, and I don't want to talk to anyone. Plus I'm just incredibly stressed. And I want a chocolate bar. And chocolate pudding with oreos on top. Luckily I'm too cheap to buy any of it.

I just went to the gym and watched that 70's show and I feel a little better. I've also cried 2 times today too...Just getting all of that energy out really helps. So I'd say go for a walk or do something active. Play music that you love and just let loose.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #15  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Thank you all so much for the support!!!

I had cuddes with my boyfriend and my kitten which cheered me up And watched some Weeds which always makes me giggle.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Put on a tshirt that used to look average and now looks a million times better!

You guys are amazing. It is so great to be able to come on here and know I'm not the only one going through this.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote