I'm so upset :( - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy I'm so upset :(

Today has not been good.... and it just started... I worked my butt off literally last night and I didn't think I ate that much but today on the scale was a different story... it went up... like a pound and a freakin half... this sucks... I want to lose weight so bad and its just sticking to me... add that to men in my life right now and I do believe I hate it.... isn't there a man out there somewhere that isnt so damn stupid?? I am just depreesed and needed to vent... hopefully it might help me from eating my feelings... which i tend to do when i get this way... ughh...I just wish I could actually lose some weight.... forget men... they suck...
Kindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

if you arent prepared for normal DAILY fluctuations in scale weight, then you should NOT SHOULD NOT weigh yourself daily.

You gained 1.5 lb over night? Guess what... i worked my butt off, ate my cals, etc etc, and the scale went up OVER 3 pounds for me last night! and NO, its NOT TOM. Im not worried. My weight in general fluctuates between a 5 pound range ANY given day, and its all normal. This weeks weights, so far..... 136.2 136.7 137.4, 136.2 139.7! I didnt "do" anything to make it go up over 3 pounds, it just did...... tomorrow it might be 135......
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Oh yeah, mkroyer is sooo right. Weight is factored by so many things. Water weight, which you could be holding on to since you worked out, how big and frequent your bowel movements are, etc. I know it's tempting to see it as the end-all, be-all for whether your efforts are working. It's not. And 1 1/2 pounds is really not that big a difference.

I know it is very annoying. But checking once a week could also be bad. Someone here posted their weight for 7 days. In general, they lost weight. But if you looked at one day in particular, she GAINED from the week before. What if that had been the "one day"? You really just have to look at scale weight as an overall thing, and not take any one day too seriously.

Regardless, what you do the day before is not going to immediately effect the scale. That's just not how it works.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Make sure you are drinking enough water when you work out- and are you eating too much sodium? I gained a lb one week and couldn't figure out why- come to find cottage cheese is FULL OF SODIUM! *cry*
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

If you are going to weigh daily or not, it is about the overall trend, not the day to day. Like at school -- it's your overall GPA over time that lets you graduate. One single grade from a pop quiz freshman year isn't going to doom your whole school career just because it wasn't want you wanted to get.

Pee, poo, food being digested, water -- it all has to weigh something inside you while processing. It doesn't mean the weight "gain" you see is fat tissue.

Put rocks in your pocket -- a gain. Take them out -- a loss. It is the same thing. Scales tell you weight change. They do not tell you what it is made of.

In one day I range almost 3 lbs. Less when I first wake up, more by the time I go to bed. And I know 3 lbs will disappear by the next day.

Try not to get emotionally involved in the scale results and try to take it calmly. Throwing in the towel because of one scale reading is premature. It isn't going to doom your entire weight loss/fitness journey.

Hang in there!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #6  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I am a daily weigher and like mkroyer said, it does fluctuate a lot. I was down, then up, the same, then up, then FINALLY down. Its a PITA, but it happens. Just keep doing what you are doing. It will go down!

As far as men go, a lot of them do suck. Not all... but a lot. I dated a lot of losers before I met my DH. He can be a turd sometimes, but you have to sift through the bad ones, before you find a good one
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Thank you guys... it could very well be sodium and water weight... that was just the straw that broke the camels back on this one... and I hope the right guy comes along but its probably better not to focus on it... right now i have enough with the current losers that keep coming back... gotta love it....
Kindra is offline   Reply With Quote