Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

Default Just feel like venting.......

Hi everyone. I am fairly new on the forum and wanted to make friends and have support on this journey that I have embarked on. To start off currently I weigh 246 lbs and have been feeling awesome because I have lost about 24 lbs in about 5 weeks or so but I have a long way to go. I come from a very conservative background. I am from Pakistan and have been living in T.X for about 14 years now. I have never been super thin but in high school I remember being size 10-12 and I think I was happy with that weight. But I always thought I was fat and in college I just kept gaining 20-30 lbs every year and now I am a size 24. One of the biggest reasons I finally took weight loss seriously is because I feel lonely and being 26 in my culture and not being married is like a big sin. All my friends are married and I am the only girl left in my circle of friends and in my family who is in mid 20's and not married yet. I feel like crap and even though I know I need to lose weight for myself but I am sick of not having a companion and being single. People in my culture are ruthless and apparently noone even gives me a second look because of my weight. Now I have not completely given up on my looks. I still try to groom myself and do my hair and make-up really well but I am just so sick of not looking like the person I think of myself in my head. Honestly I dont even know what I am saying anymore lol, I just want to get my self confidence and self esteem back. I want to be desired and be able to fit into designer jeans. So many stories here has inspired me and hits right at home. I really hope to make good friends here so we can all support each other because God knows I need it. Thankyou so much
Virgo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Well, you've come to the right place! I am far from a 20 something, but you will find inspiration and help here every step of the way. Congrats on your progress so far; that is no small thing. Those are pounds you will never have to lose again! It takes time; just day by day effort, planning and work. Don't get caught up in that "perfection" attitude. Just plan, work and if you blow it, get right back on track. Learn from the best of the best here..you can chose your outcome. That is the cool thing; you can just take control and change yourself up.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #3  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Sorry to hear about that. You will find someone who is great for you I have lost 21lbs in about 5 weeks. It's an awesome feeling. I added you as a buddy btw
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #4  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Welcome! Great job on the 24!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/289/170

Height: 5'4

congrat's on your weight loss so far!! your super cute keep up what your doing thing will fall into place and happen when they are suppost to!
kimberb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

If that is you in your avatar picture, you are gorgeous! I know how hard it is to feel like a different person on the inside then on the outside. We are the same height and have about the same starting weight, so I can relate.

I hope you find some self confidence and someone to share your life with, remember that to be happy in a relationship, you have to be happy with yourself. Congratulations on losing 24 pounds, that is a huge achievement and you should be really proud of yourself for making a positive life change.

Good luck, this site has made all the difference in my weight loss journey, so I am glad you are here to find the support you need!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

Thankyou so much for the kind words. And yes that's me in the avatar lol. Thankyou Kimber and shrinkingLeah for the compliment. I can't wait to share my progress with everyone and hear about all of y'alls
Virgo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/255/180

Height: 5ft 10in

If men aren't knocking down your door, they should be. You are beautiful. You should be proud of your weight loss already. I know I would be. LOL. Give it time on the marriage. If a guy won't accept you because he thinks you are fat, he doesn't deserve you in the first place. The right man will come along and he will be happy with you the way you are. And family is always the hardest to deal with. My mom is 5ft 6in and weighs maybe 105. She wears a size 2. I know that I will never be a 2. My skeleton when I die won't be a size 2! And she doesn't exercise or eat right and she drinks beer. I try to eat like my Vegan hubby, (except I can't give up completely on my burgers and fish...) don't drink and have been trying to exercise at least 30 min a day. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. I just hope that I can begin losing like all of you are.
AstralPhysicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Virgo26 I think you look very pretty. That said I also know how you feel on the issue of guys because I also come from a culture where at the age of 25 one is expected to be in some kind of relationship that is leading to marriage. Also in my place guys are just ruthless with how girls look. You are either skinny or not worth to look that. It is kind of depressing really.

I don't have any kind of magical get better words. Just hold your chin high and groom yourself and think only of yourself for now. And romance will come. I really hope for this.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #10  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

great job on your weightloss so far! you can totally do this! and you're gorgeous - i love your hair in your avatar!
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #11  

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the group! Congrats on the loss so far and I agree with the other ladies, You are a very beautiful girl and the guys just don't see what there missing! Good luck on your journey
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote