3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   September Challange!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/19664-september-challange.html)

tonic 09-01-2002 05:11 PM

September Challange!!!

Ok .. its now Sept 1st! Lets start our September challenge.

Everyone share their goals for the whole month. These can be weight loss, habits, or other goals.

Good luck!

-Tanya

tonic 09-01-2002 05:14 PM

Sept. Goals

Goals for this month:

1) Work out 4 days a week. (aerobic 45 mintues, weight lift arms/legs)
2) Lose a total of 5 pounds.
3) Drink 6 glasses of water per day
4) Only eat ice cream 4 times this month.
5) Eat a mixture of low-carb/low-fat. (if this doesnt work, I am gonna try low-carb either next month or halfway through Sept.)

Toryah 09-01-2002 05:41 PM

ok here goes mine too...

1) im on the water thing too...2 litres a day
2) no chinese take away at all!
3) keep to my 200 crunchies a day (they make me feel good!)
4) Buy some scales (i have been to scared so far!)
5) Keep to my low carb diet

Ok there are my goals :D Good luck everyone!!

JMUKatie 09-01-2002 07:48 PM

Tonic, I really like your goals. They definitly seem managable.

After two weeks of overeating (it's the first week back at college) I'm desperate to start eating better and FEELING better. My goals include:

Lose 3 to 5 pounds
Drink more water
Truly giving it some thought before I eat something when I'm not hungry
Making better choices at the dining hall
Adding at least one aerobics class a week to my 5 day a week walking routine (or replace a walk with a class)

Justsecretgirl 09-02-2002 08:09 AM

My goals are:

1) To get all my water in (100 ounces).
2) Walk at least 3 times a week.
3) Don't get chips out of the vending machine when I already bring my lunch to work!
4) Stop drinking Diet SoDa (well any Soda) and see how I do with just water and Tea, DH is doing this one with me!:) :) :) :) :)

UPDATE:
I lost .6 this week, not sure what is going on with my weight loss but I am sticking to the plan so we'll see. I have met my goals for the week!

Jibbelle 09-02-2002 08:44 AM

Hey all! New to the 20s group here. I have been doing LA Weight Loss for about a year, so I usually post over there. I am just starting WW this week, so my only goal is to make it through the month on plan...and maybe lose a few pounds along the way!

1) Learn, and stick to, the point plan
2) Lose 5 lb (end=237)

Anyone else here do Saturday weigh ins?

JennPGH 09-02-2002 08:56 AM

been sick!

hi everyone-i've been sick for the last few days, and i haven't been online much. was also v. busy at work with a special project, but hope this is over now. haven't been to the gym--sooo tired. was thinking about going back today, but now that i woke up-don't think so. still v. congested, tired, sore throat. HAVE to go tomorrow.
i am going to take today & think about my september goals. i'll post them tomorrow.
SELF magazine has this thing called the "SELF Challenge" it was in the mag. a few months ago. I stll have it. I am thinking about starting it this month. maybe that will be my challenge.

justsecretgirl-i know the feeling with the soda. i gave it up for lent & lost 5 pounds. but since then i am having a hard time
resisting!

JMU-i do the same thing "eating when not hungry" we need to overcome it. think about it first, wait ten minutes, journal, whatever it takes!

talk to y'all later!
happy labor day (USA)!

Jenn

Lucky13 09-02-2002 09:16 AM

started WW yesterday - trying to keep at around 20 pts - did really well for day one!!

This is my first 20-something monthly challenge - we'll see how it goes!

My goals for September:

1) Drink 100 ounces of water a day
2) Limit diet soda to 3 per week
3) No creamer in my coffee (1 pt per tbsp - no thanks!)
4) Run at least 5 miles 5 days a week, with one of those runs being an endurance run of at least 7-8 miles
5) Eat more veggies!!
6) Don't get down on myself if I binge one day
7) Keep points to about 20 per day
8) All said and done, if I do all these things, I will hopefully lose 8 pounds!!

:flow2:

Good luck to everyone!

Emily :doh:

NOW: 180 lbs. (43/33)
Sept. Goal: 172 lbs. (41/ 31):wave:

Frisco'sMom 09-02-2002 10:48 AM

Hello everyone! I am sneaking on while doing all of my chores - labor day in deed!

I am pleased to say I will be starting September back at my lowest weight so far - I weighed in at 146.5 this morning! Yay!

I had written some goals in my journal at work, but since I'm at home, I hope I remember them!

September goals:

1) Do the "long" version of my walk once a week.

2) Get 20 minutes of aerboic exercise on the days I weight train.

3) Only get on the scale 3x a week. I am a daily scaler, and although I honestly have not let the bumps get to me, I know that I cannot do this for the rest of my life. Hopefully by the time I reach goal, I will be comfortable weighing in every week or 2.

4) Buy a stationary bike. Once daylight savings time hits, my schedule changes dramatically. I will be feeding the animals at the sanctuary first thing when I get home, and it will be dark when I finish. I need a way to get some easy aerobic activity indoors.

5) Lose 2.5 lbs. This puts me on track to be at goal weight by my birthday (March 2003). Probably should try for more, since we know what's around the corner (Holidays), but I will be happy if I can acheive this. I am getting down to weights that I used to maintain easily, so I cannot expect big losses.

Good luck to all!

JennPGH 09-03-2002 11:50 AM

hi everyone,
here are my september goals
1. drink 8 glasses water a day-every single day! (so far so good!)
2. cardio 5x a week at least 40 minutes
3. weights 3x a week using heavier weights this month
4. stick to my points/calories (toughest) put a stop to the binging!
5. cut out the soda/koolaid (maybe once per week).
6. eat more fresh fruits/veggies!
7. think positive!!!!!!!!!!

i've been sick for a few days so the eating has kind of gone out the window. i wasn't even hungry on saturday, i think i could have gone all day without eating, but my bf insisted i eat for energy. haven't been to the gym since wednesday. going back tonight!

Lobacal 09-03-2002 10:37 PM

My September goals are:

To stick with the 4 things a day challenge
1) 8 glasses of water a day (64oz)
2) Daily devotion
3) Daily aerobic exercise (for at least 30 minutes)
4) Stick with eating plan between 1200 and 1500 calories a day

a)I also want to continue my one night a week technology time out.

b) try my best to keep my house straight this month

c) keep the yard cut on a regular basis

d) celebrate me once a week in some inexpensive way

I look forward to hearing from everyone throughout the month.

Betty

Lobacal 09-03-2002 10:43 PM

Oops! I forgot to add that I my goal for weight loss this month is to be down to 137 by Oct 1st.

JennPGH 09-04-2002 08:49 AM

i am happy to report that I didn't do too bad yesterday. i had about 1700 calories (not that bad!), no soda, 8 glasses H2O, did 45 min aerobics class, abs, had 2 fruits, 2 veggies servings.
i think i am going to run/walk today & lift weights at the gym.
well i better go do some work!
Jenn

Frisco'sMom 09-04-2002 09:13 AM

Hello all, I am posting in hopes of good mental health. Perhaps a vent will make me feel better.

I have had a headache now for over 2 days. I took Tylenol PM last night and got a good night's sleep (didn't want to get up!), but this is wearing me down. And making me eat more. OK, I'm just eating more, but I really do feel it is in part due to the pain. Whenever I don't feel well, I just don't concentrate on being healthy.

The headache, BTW, is a tension/stress headache. It's accompanied by a very sore jaw - my TMJ acting up. It is a struggle with insurance to try and see the dentist which can help (he runs a TMJ pain clinic). I am considering saying F**K it, and paying for it out of pocket. It would be about $3-4000, but I have a mutual fund which we could cash out to cover it.

Sigh. Of course, having less stress in my life (read - not disliking my job so much) would be a good thing also. I really do like my job, I've learned a lot and I am good at certain aspects of it, but currently I am working on something VERY important (sucks that they figured out how smart I am) which is not only stretching my learning abilities, but has me tied up in a lot of detailed, pointless meetings where everyone just re-hashes the last meeting and changes their mind a dozen times on the smallest details.

And having to attend/participate in all of these meetings just drives home some sticky facts like 1) I am the only female in these meetings; and 2) Most people in the meetings have children my age. I don't mind these points too much generally, but it seems to put me at a disadvantage during meetings that people expect me to lead, but insist that their way is the right way. They always talk over me, and unfortunately my hot-headed impatience is almost a joke now, so no matter how calm I try to act, they almost seem dissapointed/uncomfortable when I don't get animated/arugmentative.

(deeep breath) Funny thing is, last night when I did my walk (long version - yay me), was the only time yesterday I DIDN'T have a headache. So, I am going to take a "break" at 10 (will be too hot by lunchtime) and take a quick walk as a stress reliever.

As I said above, my eating habits have suffered from my headaches and I seem to go into snack mode in the evenings. In part because I don't have anything else to do - I have been trying to not give myself too big of a "To Do" list so that I can have some down time and not stress at home.

So tonight I am going to try and not watch my usual TV, perhaps just go to bed early with a book, or play with the dog.

Thanks for letting my rant.

Monique - I think cutting out diet coke is a good idea. The Richard Simmons plan allows for two caffienated beverages a day, so I have my morning coffee and afternoon diet coke.

Betty - you are going to have one busy September!

Jenn - are you feeling better? I hope so.

Tanya - good idea on the ice cream. I think it's probably the "best for you" treat you can have.

Emily, JMU, justsecretgirl, Torah, and Jibbelle - welcome to the challenge!

Have a good day everyone.

kittykat714 09-04-2002 09:49 AM

Hi all,

I am new to all this. but hoping that having a place to share will keep me motivated! Also hope that letting you all know my goals will help keep me to them! SO here they are:

1. drink 6 glasses H2O every day
2. exercise at least 3 times per week
3. lose 5 pounds by end of september (at least!)
4. Think more positive thoughts!;)