Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 07:27 PM   #91  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Okay, Okay guys I get the point!! Y'all don't like baseball - and that's okay

I guess I'm a little biased since I played fastpitch softball for about 15 years (and in college), so I tend to enjoy watching a few games more than the typical female...plus there are cute guys in tight pants - enough said...as long as I don't have to watch them spit or adjust their crotch it's all good for me...

Hope everyone is great!!

Em

p.s. I love the Simpsons and I do a great Cartman impression from South Park (actually my fiance and I both do a great imitation of him and often have conversations using the voice for our own silly amusement!! - maybe a little too much information... )
Old 09-27-2002, 09:19 PM   #92  
hottie in training

Emily-
my bf & i love south park. My bf loves Cartman! he is the best character on the show!

"screw you guys, i'm goin home"

emily will get that one!

my bf also really likes the simpsons. at one point he was taping every new episode, no commercials. he hasn't done that lately, but we still watch the show whenever it's on.

we also like the spinoff "futurama". do you watch it? it's not always on when it is supposed to be (sunday at 7 here) but when it is it is very funny.

Jenn
Old 09-28-2002, 08:46 AM   #93  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I love that first episode of South Park when Cartman uses that line in the Swimming Pool...unfortunately we don't get to watch it all that much anymore since we don't have cable - but I guess if we really wanted to, we could always go down to the video store and rent some...

I used to watch Futurama, but it is hardly on anymore - don't know if it got cancelled or what, but it is funny also...

We also like King of the Hill - great Southern humor - gives the rest of the nation that Texas is full of rednecks -- granted, there are quite a few, but i've never seen anyone riding their horse to the mall or anything...maybe to 7-11 for some milk (LOL)...hahaha

I don't watch the Simpsons nearly as much as I used to, but I like watching the reruns in the evening when they come on - it's great - it's one of those shows where you don't have to think...

anyway, that's about all from me

have a good one!

Em
Old 09-29-2002, 01:56 PM   #94  

Emily: NO no.. I like baseball!!! I also played softball for like 8 years or something. I really miss that

Jenn - Kick cardio.. is that like kick boxing?.. I have always wanted to do that.. sounds fun!!

So the weekend has been crazy. I still have cake left Oh well.. my bf can eat it all. Yesterday I went on a day trip to a friends hometown (and the capital of Illinois) and we saw the Dana Thomas house. Plus we went to the best Thai place I have ever been. The food was so hot and delicious!! I wish I could go there every weekened

Well now its homework time!

Last edited by tonic; 09-29-2002 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:45 PM   #95  
Kitty Lover

Hmm...sports...don't like any of them myself- well except maybe ice skating.

Anyhow, I figured out why I gained a pound last week- PMS (which also explains the p*ss poor mood I was in)! Yeah so anyways, I dropped 2 lbs since then so I am below the 165 mark.

My foot feels alot better, although I still woudn't try to run a marathon or anything. The vegetarian thing is going well except that I am now craving one of those border bowls from Taco Bell (and they don't even taste that good!). I just tell myself how awful I would feel afterwards (because I definitely would).

Anyhow, I have to go now- am very busy...planning a wedding sure takes alot of time and energy

Tankgirl
Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 AM   #96  
hottie in training

okay, even though i gave up dieting half way through the month-i'll go over my goals anyway.
1. drink 8 glasses water a day-every single day! (so far so good!)
no problem here
2. cardio 5x a week at least 40 minutes
due to the fact that i was sick for a while, plus a lot of stuff going on, didn't do this every week. i'd say i averaged about 30 min 4x week
3. weights 3x a week using heavier weights this month
averaged about 2x a week
4. stick to my points/calories (toughest) put a stop to the binging!
well i've definitely cut down on binging but threw the points/calories out the window!`
5. cut out the soda/koolaid (maybe once per week).
yes, i've done this!
6. eat more fresh fruits/veggies!
done this too!
7. think positive!!!!!!!!!!
done this too!

i went to pilates on saturday. i think it will definitely be beneficial. we are still in the beginner stages. after this saturday, we will move to more intermediate moves. i may have to find another class to go to after this one. seems kind of silly to only go for a while & then stop. although i could do the moves on my own, i don't necessarily need a class.

better go,

jenn
Old 09-30-2002, 12:57 PM   #97  
Kitty Lover

Oh yeah- I *am* getting married. I thought I mentioned that, but I have been so incredibly busy that I may not have. The date originally was May 30, 2003, BUT we recently changed it to December 22, 2002 so I am working double time now! It's been hectic- thankfully the only things still left to work on are the cake, the photographer, and the Groom's attire. Since we are doing a medieval wedding at our house I have no idea what to get him to wear (he will not go for tights). He may just end up in a plain old suit, heh.

Ahhh, but my goals. Hmm..I forgot what they were (and I don't really have time to go looking for them right now)! I haven't been eating meat at all, I am still working on my foot healing, but I went for a mile long walk today anyhow- and it felt good except that I waited so long that I was dripping sweat when I got back! So I guess one goal for next month is to remeber my goals *lol*

Tankgirl
Old 09-30-2002, 01:59 PM   #98  

This will be a quickie (for me). I had a car accident this morning (my fault too, kinda - couldn't stop in time...) so DH is going to be calling soon to arrange dropping my car at the dealership...

My Semptember Goals:
1) Do the "long" version of my walk once a week. - Did this 100% for the 1st two weeks of September. Then I switched from walking to going to the gym.

2) Get 20 minutes of aerboic exercise on the days I weight train. - Did this 100% every day, even those my other workouts changed. I took a 20 minute walk at lunch every day. It makes me feel so good!

3) Only get on the scale 3x a week. - Did this 99%. I stepped on the scale once when I wasn't supposed to. It was a little scary at first, but for the best. Especially when the scale wasn't moving in the direction I wanted, not hopping on every day made it less of a frustration.

4) Buy a stationary bike. - Nope. Decided to go back to the gym. Husband and I have to discuss the many big buys we keep mentioning and decide on an action plan. I'm not ruling it out as a Christmas gift to myself.

5) Lose 2.5 lbs. - Did this 100%. Lost 3 lbs to be exact.

BTW - I am phsyically fine as is the other person who's car I hit. She was very nice and even hugged me when we were done. My car has seen better days, and the jarring of the accident didn't do my back any favors, but I am very thankful that it was a minor one as far as accidents go.

Take care!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:00 AM   #99  

Default results

Well, I believe my goal was to lose about 5 pounds, drink more water, and add kickboxing to my workout, adn while I didn't lose much weight (I didn't weigh myself, I can't bear to do it) I didn't gain any either and I did make some progress on my goals. But I still don't drink as much water as I would like, I just can't force myself to drink all that much. I DID do a class or a tai bow video once a week in additino to my walking and eliptical trainer,a dn I've been going to the gym in the mornings now, which I like.

This week, however, I think I'm going to take a week off. I like to do this every few months or so, and I know when I need to because I don't LOOK forward to working out, which I usually do. I come back refreshed and more motivated than ever.

I've been doing really well with my nutrition and calories lately, so I'm optomostic for october...hope everyone is is as well!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #100  

Default Re: Sept. Goals

Here were my goals and my results:

1) Work out 4 days a week. (aerobic 45 mintues, weight lift arms/legs, changed to 30 mins): Hmm.. this happened maybe 2/4 weeks. I need a good kick in the butt.

2) Lose a total of 5 pounds.
I only lost 2 pounds. *sigh*

3) Drink 6 glasses of water per day
Didnt accomplish ever.

4) Only eat ice cream 4 times this month.
I ate it about 7 times. bad bad.

5) Eat a mixture of low-carb/low-fat. (if this doesnt work, I am gonna try low-carb either next month or halfway through Sept.)
Didnt do.

Maybe october will be better... *sigh*
Closed Thread