Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #16  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
especially when he's like "lets keep the lights on"
Wouldn't it be more worrying if he always wanted the lights off?

Take the lights on as a compliment -- he likes what he sees so much he wants to SEE IT ALL!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-05-2010 at 09:13 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #17  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

My boyfriend is currently in Iraq, and when he was home 6 months ago, I was still at my highest. He's very fit (being a soldier, and all), and I just felt like a blob compared to him. I was always really self conscious to the point where I couldn't even enjoy "things" as much as I should have. I was always wondering about things like "can he see my tummy from that angle?" "Is my back rolling up?" "Am I squishing him?" He always tells me I look great and that I'm sexy and so on, I just wish I could believe it. It's such a frustrating condition because I know that it's in my head and that he means what he says, so why can't I get over it?

I hate "lights on" too. Not even just because he can see details, but I just think the ambiance is ugly for that particular activity. I don't mind it so much in the day time with the sunshine, but at night with the lights on feels icky to me.

I think/hope it'll be better when he gets home though. I'll hopefully be at goal weight and feel a lot better about my body (I already do). And, I've been walking around my apartment naked now that I live alone, and it truly has helped me feel more comfortable with being naked. Sounds silly, but it's true, lol.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote