Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #46  

Height: 5'11

What do you ladies jog in? I noticed that since I have lost weight every part of me seems to be jiggling when I jog. Im embarrassed to think that people may see my big butt jiggling everywhere. (running outside) It makes me uncomfortable and I feel like maybe I should be jogging in some kind of compression garment to hold all my bits in. Any of you ladies have this problem?
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #47  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I'm doing w2d2 tomorrow - going okay so far!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #48  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

pammy, i totally have that problem! i wear a sports bra, sports tank-top with a built-in (one of the tight ones to hold my belly) and a regular tank on top for a little extra belly support...bottom half i wear tighter yoga pants which are better than the boyshorts i used to wear. as for the major jiggle, it may be gross but i'm proud of it. i didn't used to jiggle this way 50 lbs ago, my fat was pretty solid and kinda did this wave thing. whenever my jiggles start to bother me i think of all those fabulous early 90's songs and i'm like, yeah i'm hot (you know like "wiggle it, just a little bit, let me see you wiggle it") hahaha.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #49  
Rockin Socks since 1984

just finished w1d2. didn't think i was going to make it through, but i did. i ran outside in the rain and snow...and it feels like 25 with the windchill...and i still finished! it's kinda funny cuz i stopped c25k back in november cuz it was too cold before thanksgiving...and it was 40. i feel like a bada$$, even though i was only running for one minute increments. haha.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #50  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

Feral - you are right in whatever you read.
For me, starting out slower - focusing on distance worked for me & many others I talked to. You have time to let your body adjust & you learn how to breath properly instead of being out of breath right off the bat - then, quitting b/c it's too hard & can't do it. You can burn just as many calories going slower, but farther.

I just kept building milage until, physically, I could take the beating of cranking up the speed. I can't remember exactly but I was somewhere around easily running 5 or 6 miles before I tried to go faster. I wanted to go far. Later I did some tempo work and steep inclines & that is what made me work more efficiently.

This morning I did 6 miles on the treadmill at 5.5 on Random - level 5. It was pretty hard as far as being steep with all the hills, but I wasn't trying to go fast. I am trying to burn more & get my legs stronger for more distance. I also rode 12 miles on the stationary bike at level 4, Random - 95-110 RPMs. Ringing wet, I walked out very proud. Can't wait for tomorrow!
SpinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 225/183/155

Height: 5'7"

Only finished 23 minutes of W2D1 yesterday. My calves felt like they were going to explode. I realized after I left the gym that I should have lowered in the incline (I run at 2%) but it was already too late. I am gonig to redo W2D1 today and do W2D2 tomorrow hopefully. I want to stay on the schedule I set for myself. Hopefully I can get one road run this week - last week it rained on my road run day.
lights76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #52  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

Amy post #48 was lmao lol
and #49 - I know it sucks to run in the cold. I have ran below 0 many, many times a few years ago. I wore a ski mask & looked like a robber lol Do whatever it takes to stay warm & you can keep going.

Lights .... are you starting the C25K with an incline?? If so, I personally would not do that. Just makes it harder, even with just 1 incline. I would start flat - at 0 incline. Get your milage under your belt where you are comfortable, then slowly add incline & hills. You should not be hurting.

Pammy - this is really embarrassing, but I'm going to tell you guys anyway .........
I'm really not at a point where I want to wear shorts yet so I wear like black/ dark nike/under armour capris, etc. Well today I wore gray sweat pants that was a HUGE mistake!! I will NEVER do that again!! I ran 6 miles that was all fine & good. But then rode the bike for 12 miles & let me tell you .... when I got off the bike I was like OMG!!!!! It looks like I pee'd!!!!!!!!!!!! - it was SOOOOO NOT funny at the moment lmao THEN even worse ... I had no choice but to run in the store on the way home (needed my Yoplait yogurts BAD!! lol) with wet pants!!!!!! Still cannot believe I did that lol Thank GOD I didn't see anyone I knew!!!

Last edited by SpinQueen; 03-03-2010 at 02:09 PM.
SpinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #53  

Amy- LOL! Im totally gonna be thinking about that song when im jiggling.
Spin- I would have been so embarrassed. I dont wear ANYTHING gray. Im not that brave to even attempt to wear anything gray. Dark is the only thing I can wear and feel comfortable in.

Im actually looking into getting a pair of Nike compression shorts to wear under my normal workout capris. Im not brave enough to wear anything tight without something over it. I already have a light compression top that I occasionally wear under my workout gear.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #54  

SpinQueen: Yeah I do a 2% incline because I want to make sure I can do street running. My goal is to do one street run every week and I have heard a small incline on the treadmill is better prep for that. Additionally I took a Cardio tennis class the night before so I think my body was protesting a little bit...oh well.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #55  

Im proud to say that after 2 days of rain I was finally able to do WK1D1 today and even dragged my sister along to join me in the process! It was easier then I remember it being before so that is a plus Good luck ladies
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #56  

Week 2 Day 1 - done

3.8 walk
4.8 run
25 1/2 minutes
0% incline (calves were still hurting a little)
1.82 miles
Old 03-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #57  
Rockin Socks since 1984

W1D3 done! i think until the weather's nice i'm going to stick to running on the treadmill at the gym. it's so much more painful with the cold air stinging my lungs, and the lovely winter cough i can't get over. regardless, i made it through week 1. not sure how, but i'm ready for week 2. bring it on!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Yay good job guys! I'm not doing C25K but I think it's great and I think you all are fantastic for sticking it out in such crazy weather! Keep up the great work!

I'm going to start running some outside but I always feel like outside is easier. It's less boring haha.

But yeah! Keep up the great work! And, I say love the jiggle It's better than the fat wave.
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #59  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Today I did Week 2, Day EPIC. Like I said in my intro post, I'm not used to doing C25K in order, exactly, so today I tried to figure out what was the most challenging week that I thought I could sustain for an extended period of time, and settled on week 2. I did the week 2 intervals (90s running, 120s walking) for over 5km (I don't know how much over, since I don't have much of a way of measuring). It took me 40 minutes, and I almost thought I wasn't going to make it, but I felt so good afterward!
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #60  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Well I started W1D1 last night, I did it outside which was nice (it was still chilly but manageable) I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. I still have a hard time believing that I can run for 30 minutes straight but I am hard set to do it!!

The C25K Ipod touch app is amazing, I dont know how I could get it all figured out without it telling me when to run and walk, I am horrible at keeping track of time or distance
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote