3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Fun Running Locations (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/195305-fun-running-locations.html)

GinaLynne 02-25-2010 08:10 PM

Fun Running Locations

So my job sent me to Duluth MN today and I was able to go running by beautiful lake superior!!! I love running next to lake I just feel so free! So if you are ever here run next to the lake. I am going running up here again at 4 am so I can watch the sun rise over the Lake.

Any who where do you like to go running?

My favorite places is next to lakes and in the woods.

zephyr524 02-25-2010 08:13 PM

So far for me it's anywhere off of the treadmill! :) I'm just about to finish C25K so I haven't run to many places yet but soon hopefully...

garstar 02-25-2010 08:17 PM

Duluth is beautiful! Lucky you! I've only been there twice, even though it's just a few hours away from me :(

I love running around lakes. Running in the woods is okay, so long as it's during the bright day. Otherwise I get scared!

My ex is a mountain biker so I'd go running on the mt bike trails when he would bike. Those are FUN. Logs to jump over, quick turns, dodging trees, I HIGHLY recommend finding some near you :)

junebug41 02-25-2010 08:35 PM

I looove visiting new places and going for a run. I've found it's the best way by far to see a new place!

LuckyJules 02-25-2010 09:17 PM

I used to live in Duluth -- there is some beautiful places around the lake to run, walk or bike. How fun that you were able to experience that!

butterflyangels 02-25-2010 09:45 PM

So far, my favorite place to run is in the woods. Bonus points if there's a body of water nearby. A few weeks ago I ran a snowshoe race in the woods alongside a river, and it was the most peaceful experience I'd ever had...

Thousandsunny 02-25-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterflyangels (Post 3173248)
So far, my favorite place to run is in the woods. Bonus points if there's a body of water nearby. A few weeks ago I ran a snowshoe race in the woods alongside a river, and it was the most peaceful experience I'd ever had...

I second this! If it's outside I want to run in it. Even hiking is wicked cool.

maenad 02-26-2010 12:11 PM

I live in Istanbul, so i generally run along the Marmars Sea. There is a great path along the coast. Or i run laps in a local park. I hate treadmills.

amyleigh 02-26-2010 12:16 PM

i live in new jersey, so i'd have to say the boardwalk by the beach. you get all of the benefits of running alongside the water, without killing yourself running in the sand and having to dodge little kids building castles (though you do have to watch out for old ladies with custard!!)

caryesings 02-26-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaLynne (Post 3173116)
So my job sent me to Duluth MN today and I was able to go running by beautiful lake superior!!! I love running next to lake I just feel so free! So if you are ever here run next to the lake. I am going running up here again at 4 am so I can watch the sun rise over the Lake.

Any who where do you like to go running?

My favorite places is next to lakes and in the woods.

Ok, I have to ask, what was the temperature when one runs at 4 am along Lake Superior??

pinkalarmclock 02-26-2010 09:45 PM

I ussualy run on the treadmill but I've been eyeing the road behind my apartment. Its a gravel road that runs along tons of green (kind of white atm) farmland. There are sheep, horses, cows, and maybe some goats. I think I'm going to start jogging it next week.

rosekeet 02-26-2010 10:19 PM

Is it weird that I prefer running on a treadmill? I think it's easier and I like watching TV.

Thighs Be Gone 02-26-2010 10:28 PM

I have my normal path I run--we have some great trails in my neighborhood and even a good path along the very busy street near me..

my best place EVER to run--along the river in Paris and around Notre Dame at daybreak this past November--it was surreal--unreal--and a run I will never forget