Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #32  

I LOVE...
Artichokes
Dolmades
Pickles
Pepperocinis
Chickpeas (and hummus!)
Lima Beans
Gargante beans (which look like giant lima beans)
and Tomatoes

Not necessarily "weird," but pretty bitter compared to what most people enjoy :-)
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
although I love tomatoes, I don't like tomato sauces, tomato juice or ketchup.
I'm the opposite! I hate raw tomatoes. But I love them in any other form. Sundried tomatoes are my fav! I love, tomato based soups (but not tomato soup, go figure), tomato based pasta sauces, salsa, and ketchup. But I can't eat a raw tomato for the life of me! However, I'm not a huge tomato juice fan, it has a weird texture.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #34  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

Lol, Valentine, I sometimes eat an entire can of artichoke hearts for a yummy low-cal snack. I will peel them slowly, eat them leaf by leaf, and then eat the "stems!" So delicious, and only, depending on the brand, between 50 and 100 cal for all of them.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Oh here is my REALLY weird food:

LEMONS!

I eat them like oranges. I LOVE sour stuff. My mom actually had to "cut me off' of lemons because our dentist friend told her it was bad for the enamel (which it is but DANG LADY!).
Yummmm. I eat lemons and limes raw, well I did. Until I, like you, was told to stop doing that before the acid ate away my enamel. It was such a bummer because I honestly considered lemons to be one of my favorite fruits. Being able to eat raw lemons is handy when it comes to bets. I've actually won money off of people drunkenly betting that I couldn't eat lemons without wincing.

Other weird things? I like (though I can't eat anymore ) cheez-its with chocolate milk, not like blended together, but eaten at the same time, I don't know but the combo was delicious in my mind. OH! And when my mom and I would watch movies together, doritos and coffee ice cream. She picked it up in college and we just always ate it. More healthy things I do that are weird is like straight red wine vinegar on salads with nothing else, and my friends think it is strange that I eat hummus on meat (like burgers or chicken) but I find it delicious!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eratosthanes View Post
Lol, Valentine, I sometimes eat an entire can of artichoke hearts for a yummy low-cal snack. I will peel them slowly, eat them leaf by leaf, and then eat the "stems!" So delicious, and only, depending on the brand, between 50 and 100 cal for all of them.
Mmmmm, yes, me too! I add them to anything as well...meat dishes, pizzas, pastas...
Delicious!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I also love lemons and ate them by themselves but started to worry about my teeth

Effie- I used to eat the nacho cheese doritos and chocolate chip cookies... I also love popcorn with chocolate covered peanuts
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have started getting my pizza with the thin crust and gourmet vegetarian--hold the cheese..

because I am a cheapo I tell them to put my cheese on the side so I can take it with me (I buy from Papa Murphy's)--that way I can use the cheese for things my kids need.

I also won't eat any dressing from restaurants because I don't trust them to give me the right stuff. If I don't have a salad spritzer in my purse I ask for a side of vinegar only...same goes for eating at Subway--I use vinegar only on sandwiches and salads alike
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #39  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I went to an Anime Conference in Canada and had poutine for the first time about 4 years ago. I love you, poutine. French fries and gravy and cheese and salt and amazing.

I can eat olives straight out of the can/bottle and I do! I also love marinated mushrooms which I can also eat out of the bottle, lol.

Hmm.. what else.. well, not be gross but I can eat salt like.. just salt. When I was little I used to dip pickles in salt. And by "little" I mean like last week. I love salt. Salt and I are very good friends.

Edit: Oh! And I don't like pizza sauce so all my pizza's are white pizza. Usually I'll do a little pesto and such but no red sauce!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 02-24-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #40  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I read through these and remembered too, i absolutely love pickles! My friend and I used to finish off jars if they had a handful of slices/spears left and drink some of the juice too lol, it still is a tradition that when she is over to visit, we will have pickles but not so many these days

Last edited by Phoenix301; 02-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #41  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

OP, you would be my best friend. I have only ever eaten the cheesy part of pizza, and ALWAYS leave the crust. Back when I was eating pizza (insert wistful sigh here) and they started doing online ordering, I could order light sauce (sometimes no sauce) and extra cheese without having to talk to a person and feel like a freak :lol

Hmmm... I don't think I have too many weird food habits... my friends think I'm a freak though because I can eat the exact same meal day after day and not get bored with it in the least. I've been eating the exact same sub from subway (with the same veggies/condiments!) for YEARS. The only other thing I can think of is if it's white/creamy, I'll probably LOVE it. Mashed potatoes, white gravy, mayo, alfredo sauce, ranch dressing, cheese...seriously. It's weird.
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #42  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eratosthanes View Post
I am obsessed with olives. Either the black ones in the can, or the yummy ones in the deli, not the nasty little green ones in the jar. Seriously, I could eat hundreds of calories worth, and don't forget the salt intake! I actually am going to start only buying the little cans for meals, as I always finish them off, and occasionally eat them in the middle of the night.
I have a thing for olives. I don't know what it is, but if I see a perfect, firm, round olive I have to eat it! I work above a bar and we have these blue cheese stuffed cocktail olives and sometimes I have to avoid walking by the garnish tray altogether
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #43  

Height: 5'2''

I really like frozen peas - consumed frozen, but don't like them cooked. I also like frozen lima beans and edamame.

I do not like reheated pizza or cold pizza. I always give leftovers away.

I also rip things up into little piece before I eat them - like bread, pita, and chips. I perfer my vegetable and fruits cut in small pieces. I think an apple tastes better if its cut up into like 16 slices vs. biting away from the whole apple.
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 AM   #44  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

oh i forgot,
garlic! i like it so much i've eaten a clove raw :3.

i really like lemons too. i always eat the slices they put in my drink or on my plate at restaurants.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #45  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

i like to balance my salty and sweet. like if i have a twix bar, then i have to have fritos (this is a terrible tendency when you are bingeing!)

i like the hot peppers you put on hotdogs on almost everything! when i was a kid, i used to each pickle and mayo sandwiches...ugh, sound so gross, but it's basically tartar sauce and if i could bring myself to eat that sandwich again i'd probably love it.

my grossest food thing has to be that i can eat like a POUND of good deli bologna in one sitting, just rolling them up and eating them plain.
angelamick is offline   Reply With Quote