Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 AM   #181  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

**** everyone! Mind if I join you? It has been forever since I have been on here but I really miss the support and accountability I used to find on 3fc. Weight is becoming an issue (again) and I refuse to let it get out of control! Time to get back on track...

A little bit about me, I am 27, live in Wyoming with my wonderful husband and am one half of a husband and wife wedding photography team. I am completely self employed and work from my home unless we are shooting which can sometimes be a challenge eating wise. We travel a TON and I often find myself with extremely limited time. This makes sticking to a particular diet or workout plan tricky sometimes. I am currently at about 133 looking to get back to 120. I look forward to getting to know you ladies! Sounds like you are all very close and such a great group of women...
Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 AM   #182  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

how can a honda not be japanese? i dont understaaaaaaaannnd. Everyone here has a japanese car. If you dont, you are either rich or mad xD or its really, reaaaaaaallly old and crappy xD

Welcome stephanie!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #183  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Haley/Jazz Jess -Yes that was supposed to be "We should name your car , [COMMA] [PAUSE] Haley!" Are you getting on my about my lack of proper punctuation?

Chele - sounds like you had a great time at the Olympics! That must have been really fun. Did you get any pics with that new camera of yours?!?!!

Sam - YAY for healthy choices! Don't you feel tons better when you do that?

Taylor
- Chin up! Today is a new day!

Forest - snow shoeing sounds intense, but I would definitely take the sledding!!!! Glad you're finally getting all of that snow you want! You can have mine, it's coming down here this morning but hopefully won't stick to the roads because it was in the 60s on Sunday. Welcome to the South, Spring one day, Winter the next!

Stella - CONGRATS on your award! You should really be proud! It's always nice when coworkers appreciate and LIKE working with you! Now, you should ask them since you won if you can upgrade and get a better coworker than the one that annoys you all of the time. Actually, when he starts talking to you, you should just hold up the award and say "NOT LISTENING LALALALAA!"

Jazz Jess - Airhead Mills BUCKWHEAT pancake mix. I think it's pretty much the same thing anyway and it has TONS of fiber. I had to google it because I couldn't remember the name. Here's the link on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Arrowhead-Mill.../dp/B001ELL6MU I bought it at the grocery store in the organic section. Your classes sound really cool. I wish I had a buddy to go to classes with me. Well, I'd have to go somewhere that offered classes first.

New Jess - CONGRATS on the 10 minute mile!!!! That's awesome! One day I'll get there... eventually. No busted heads recently, but the day is still young. They haven't been TOO bad this week, they mainly are whiny for ice. Ice fixes everything with some kids.

Karla - SO glad to hear everything went as well as it could yesterday!!!! You are such a trooper!!!!! If you DO weigh, don't be discouraged if the scale is up. When your body is healing and has had some kind of trauma you tend to retain water. I'm glad to hear your support system is so awesome as well! Still sendin' good vibes to ya girlie! Also, VENT here ANYTIME! We all do. This place is seriously my sanity, especially during the work day!

Stephanie
- WELCOME!!!! Sounds like you have an AMAZING job!!! Very cool. Do you have a website? I would love to look at your pictures.

Icon - I said it wasn't Japanese because it doesn't DO anything Japanese. Josten said his car was Canadian because it measured in whatever.... I wish at least one light blinked on in Japanese or something! I do love my Honda though. Refuse to buy American, imports only! I really hate that Acura stopped making the Integra. That car was badddd! They also stopped making the RSX which was my FAVORITE. *sigh*

--------------
Today started off a little rough. The hot water an out half way through my shower. It's FREAKING SNOWING AGAIN! *ugh* I dried my hair and realized I had forgotten to plug in my straightener... which isn't that big of a deal, it heats up fast. Just little things like that... I left the house saying "UGH, Thursday aka TANK DAY is here again."

Then I got an awesome good morning text which made my day AND Meredith had gone to Ross yesterday and was looking in the home decor. She bought me this Buddha statue because she thought of me. Which was very nice. I stopped doing nice things for her because, while I didn't expect anything back, I just felt like it wasn't a 2 way street. Our friendship has become pretty strained over the past 6 months or so and I think we're both making a little more effort.

Remember how I started taking the new BC in November? I had asked about Kariva because I was previously on Junel (Loestrin). Well, I actually like it. I've only had 2 periods on it so far because I had to throw my cycle off due to the abnormal pap/colposcopy, etc. I noticed that there's at least ONE whole day where I feel like I'm going to start and don't... and I've also noticed there is about 3 -4 days of bloating. It's not HORRIBLY out of control. It's just something I noticed that was different from the Junel I had been taking. However, my periods are much lighter and shorter so I'm down with that.

I started yesterday and haven't weighed since Sunday because I knew I would be up this week. Sunday weigh in was 193.5. Today's weigh in was 193.5 so I'm hoping that I am down at least a pound or 2 by the time TOM is gone. That would be REALLY AMAZING! The 180s are so close I can TASTE it! In fact, If I could be at 189 by my trip on the 5th I would be ECSTATIC!!! Plus my 188 "treat" for mini-goal is getting my nails done. I may sub a pedi though because I NEED one of those something fierce. Either way... almost there!!!

HAPPY THURSDAY!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #184  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Forest - I want to go sledding!!! And I'm dying to go snowboarding again. Argh, but I have no time :C

Stella - Congrats on the award!! And I commend you for surviving the meeting, I would go insane in a 13 hour meeting!

Jess - Hooray for your NSV!!! Is the 30ds dvd an hour long? I did what was on ExerciseTV and it's a 30 minute workout. But I remember it being 40 when I tried it in the summer, I think.

Jess72 - Awesome, congrats on your mile!

Karla - Feel better soon

Stephanie - Welcome! That's so cool that you work together as a team

Feral - You're so close!! I bet you whoosh down to 190 after TOM is over for you You can totally make 189 by your trip! And we're here to cheer you on!

The scale's down a few ounces today - not much, but hey I'm happy if the scale is moving in the right direction! And I'm hopping that will put me below 166 after TOM leaves me alone. Then I am focusing on getting BACK to 159, and lower into the 150s! I'm getting so close to goal, I've got to stay focused!

My mom bailed on spinning with me today :C I haven't quite gotten up the courage to go by myself yet. So, it's 30DS for me! And then a walk so I can get my hour in for today. On spinning days I work for an hour, and I do between 30-45 minutes on off days.

And it's snowing. It's not so bad yet, maybe an inch or so on the ground. But by the afternoon and tonight it's supposed to get bad. And we're supposed to get winds that could cause electricity loss. I hope that doesn't happen because I have some SERIOUS class work to get done. Next week is the last week of this course block and I need to work my butt off!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

SO! I just typed a boatloud AND all of a sudden it disappeared! efff!! Here I go again, quickly because now I don't have a lot of time!

Feral - I think you'll get out of the 190's no problem! If your anything like me, on TOM I gain about 2-5lbs. So I'd imagine your whoooooooooosh when Tom leaves will be a good one I know I'm hoping mine will be!

Haley - Everytime I see that you drive an Escape, I think of ES-KA-PAY ( you know Dory from Finding Nemo, I love that part!!) Totally OT but hey it makes me laugh!

Forest - I have been wanting to try snow shoeing for a very long time, Finally I made plans to go on Saturday afternoon, my community is putting on an event where they supply the shoes and then go on a 2 ! Im super pumped...however the snow has been shining since Tuesday (not complaining) BUT its melting all the snow!! I will be mud-bogging instead HAHA

Jess - I'm looking forward to your new website, especially the cottage cheese and pasta recipe! please hurry!

Karla - hope you feel better soon!

So yesterday, because it was so lovely outside, I ditched the gym, parked my truck downtown, put on my IPOD and went walking... for 2 whole hours!! yay me! Anyways I decided since I was in the area that I would check out our pilates store because they sell a little bit of lululemon products, I wanted to know my pant size so I could order some online, ANYHOO, I assumed I was a size 14 but thought I better check to make sure, well they had no 14 (only online) so I opted to try a 12...too big!! Tried a 10... comfy but still roomy. According to LULULEMON, I'm a size 8? wow! What the heck is that, lol, I know they are strechy and whatnot BUT still... AN 8?!?!!? Cool! I think I'll still purchase a 10 just because. but even a 10 is huge because originially I was going to order a size 14!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Mary- Sorry to hear about your snow... I live in the part of Maryland that is actually sunny right now Also I'm not supposed to get any snow...just some rain or whatever...sometimes its a blessing to be in the south lol

Feral- I have friends like that and I have stopped making an effort...they call and ask me to do random things and a lot of the times I go but its never anything major... I'm stupid... My car is red, its considered candy apple red so its a darker shimmery red (Jazz Jess too!)

Jess- You cant have a boy car... I've never heard of such things

Icon- My car is a Ford, therefore it is American and not Japanese... sorry to burst your bubble

Jazz Jess- My first car was a cute little white Mazda MX6... so tiny the backseat only seats 2 people

Stella- Congrats on your award and yeah Feral and I needed some extra entertaining yesterday and we decided gchat needs to have confrence chats so all three of us can chat

Forest- I'm not jealous of your sledding...keep the snow...glad you got it

Karla- I'm glad you are home safe and soud and you will be in my thoughts and prayers for good news at your follow up

Alright ladies I think I should get my butt to the gym
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #187  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jenny - That's awesome!!!

Haley - Boo to your sun :P Lol well Sunday-Wednesday of next week it's supposed to be in the upper 40s here, so much warmer than it's been lately - and sunny! So I can pretend it's spring haha! Now get your butt to the gym!

Holy crap - I just realized that Alice in Wonderland comes out next Friday!!!! HOORRAAAYYY!!!

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention - I've got a temporary job for the time being! My mom is way swamped at work and she just had to fire one of her agents, so she's bringing me in to answer phones and take call backs and do document pickup, and what-not. And I don't really have to deal with whiney people that don't know where they want to take their vacation And it's under the table so no taxes! :3

Last edited by platformnine; 02-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #188  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

JennyG- When the snow is wet it makes for a really good workout. I've definitely done a combination mud-bogging/snowshoe before in the spring and it's still fun And congrats on the Lulus! I wear a size 8 in their groove pant too.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #189  

Whew ladies what a morning!!!!

After being ripped a new a$$hole by a parent... for not helping, when I was trying to give her the information so she could GET proper help, but she refused because that would entail too much.... I was shaking. I was SO pissed. I HATE HATE HATE parents that do that $hit. She actually had the audacity to ask if I had children... THEN she had the gumption to call back 10 min later and ask if I would make a copy of her child's social because she needed to apply for a enw one. My blood pressure was THROUGH THE ROOF!

I went and sat in my car listening to music for 30 min. I think that helped.

The sun is shining and all signs of snow are GONE! YAY!

I am super bloaty... yuck.

So yeah, just needed to vent for a sec.

Jenny - I'm jealous of your weather. Can I have some of it? PLEASSEEEEE? I can make a cross country/out of country trip. Up to MD, over to Canada and then to Cali! I think I'm on to something here!!!!

Mary - YAY for jobs!!! Even if they are temp!

EDIT: Haha Universe - you got me. I went to get a soda from the lounge (typically I have 1 soda and 1 cup of cofee in the morning then switch to water) and the only DIET drinks they have are mt. dew and pepsi. Worst diet drinks in the world... WATER it was!

Last edited by Feral; 02-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #190  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

ok i'm gonna try this again. i don't know why i find it so hard to find a few minutes to jump online everyday. i guess i'm gonna see if i can jump on while at work between classes. i'm hoping i'm back for good this time i do think of you all often and wonder how your journeys are going.

as for me, same old. bouncing between 149 and 154 on a daily basis. i'm trying to eat more fruit since i never touch the stuff in the winter...and by more fruit i mean 1/day haha. i've also realized how much i go out to eat. it's really disgusting, but SO convenient! i'm attempting to get myself to start making food at home...even simply not buying school lunches everyday will make a huge difference. i have no idea how parents let their teenagers eat that crap on a daily basis. i have some students who eat 2 slices of pizza and an ice cream cone EVERYDAY for lunch...no breakfast, and most of them have fast food every night for dinner. ugh. no like i'm much better though

anywho, I hope all is well with everyone! Those of you on the east coast, be careful in the snow!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm totally in shock, I just got an email from my friend whose wedding I was supposed to be in this summer. I posted a few weeks ago, about the crazy bridal shower. She's called off the wedding. I can't believe it. I'm heart broken for her, what a hard thing to have to go through.

I'm so so sad for my friend. It doesn't surprise me in some ways that the wedding was called off. He's 16 years older than she is and has been single for year, never married. From what I've heard from my friend and her mother, he's very set in his ways. He's gone back on a lot of things that they'd discussed. They spoke about having kids in the next 2 years, b/c of his age, but a couple of weeks ago he decided that he didn't want children for at least 5 or 6 years. He spoke of moving out of downtown san fran for a house closer to work, but decided that he wasn't ready to leave the city, so they weren't moving. It's things like that, I'm sure that made my friend reconsider the marriage. Though he is a very nice guy, I think he's just too used to being on his own and not having to take someone else into consideration. My poor friend I'm sure this wasn't easy for her.

As bad as a person as it makes me, I'm also kind of sad that I won't be getting my San Francisco vacation that I was so looking forward too. The wedding was my motivation for loosing weight, I'm not going to stop, but looking hot in a killer dress was going to be awesome. I guess I'll be taking extra summer school this year, instead of going to California.....
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #192  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies!

Bad day yesterday for eating -- a client brought us all food -- tacos and all the fixings plus really good pumpkin bread (it was all amazing though). Then I came home and ate ice cream... not really sure why I even bought it, but my fiancé and I were going to have our LOST night and we usually have to have a treat of some sort. Sometimes it's pizza... so I suppose a small bowl of ice cream is better than 4 pieces of pizza, right? Today hopefully will be better.

Feral -- sometimes other people suck. I can relate, but only it involved animals for me, not parents and their kids. I'm glad that you know what you need to do for some you time to relax... I have a problem with that.

Mary -- yay for the job -- even if it is temporary -- have fun with it!

JennyG -- I always think of Dory when I hear escape! It's always a little smile in my mind when someone at work says it. And how awesome -- an 8! Excellent!

Karla -- I'm glad you are home recovering from your surgery! Rest up!

Stephanie -- you and I have like, the same avatar. Cool! I'm into photography, and would also love to see your photos. I am not a professional at all -- but I love to take pictures. Cool!

To everyone else that I didn't get too -- didn't mean to leave you out. I can try to catch up later. I'm going to run and enjoy the day off I have today... I slept in until 11... I can't believe it. We wasted the entire morning sleeping. Ugh. Have a wonderful day ladies!!

--Julie
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #193  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

shantroy-i'm so sorry to hear about your friend's situation. that totally blows.
i think you should still plan to go to california, and instead, have a vaca with just you and your friend. i'm sure that week is going to be really tough for her anyway, maybe the two of you can plan something to help her take her mind of off it...and you can buy a NEW killer dress to go out in to rock your new hot body
Old 02-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #194  

Amy - Hi AGAIN!!! Don't feel bad about eating 1 piece of fruit per day. I love fruit and couldn't do it for the first 2 weeks of South Beach. Now I'm scared to add it back in gradually. So you eat one piece a day and I'll work on that too!

Jules - today is a new day! You just need to come up with an alternative "treat" for LOST night. Personally I LOVED the little quaker oats mini popcorn rounds... CARAMEL were my favorite. I used to take those to the movies with me so I wouldn't eat candy or movie theatre popcorn. Maybe you could make low cal cookies/desert or something of that nature. Also, don't know what plan you're on but Weight Watchers has their own ice cream cups. They're a little expensive but I used to get them because it was a SPECIAL treat... it was pre measured and it was SUPER yummy.

Shan - I agree with Amy. Can you plan a trip to visit your friend in California this summer? I'm sure around the time they were SUPPOSED to get married that she will really need someone to be there for her. Then you 2 can go out on the town for girls night and you can rock your bod!!!! And to your friend. I'm sure that's devestating, but at least she called it off NOW rather than getting divorced in a year!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #195  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Jules- es-CAP-ay!!!
Closed Thread