Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Wink * ~ * Weekly Chat - Feb 8th-14th * ~ *

Hi girls. I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!! And I need you more than ever.
I have missed you all, so much.
I'm ready to lose the rest of this weight.

Last edited by luvja; 02-08-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

LUV!!!!!! WELCOME BACK, DOLL!!!!!!! So glad you're back with us. You're on my FB so I knew you had a lot going on, but it's great to see you back. I saw your Jamaica pics. You're lookin' good lady!!!!

My wake up early plan didn't exactly work this morning. I couldn't fall asleep last night. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was around 11:45 and I was trying to wake up at 5. Needless to say I woke up at 6. I did, however, bring my tissue flash cards with me so hopefully I can squeeze some studying in at work.

The scale is STILL stuck on 195.5. I actually brought breakfast with me this morning so once I'm done with my coffee I have yogurt and a little bit of granola. I'm gonna see if I can kick start my metabolism back since I didn't eat "on time" last week.

My exciting Monday news is that I get to go see the chiro today. You guys are probably tired of hearing me talk about how amazing they are there. I feel SOOOO much better when I go though. Plus their massage table is THE JAM!!! 15 minutes of heaven at the end of a Monday!

As far as the ATL situation goes. I think I'm going to put 3 dates in a hat and draw it out. Let the universe decide.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! Here's to a great week!

Last edited by Feral; 02-08-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  

FOILED! In my attempt to eat breakfast this morning I grabbed the yogurt in the fridge without looking at it. I looked at the date, but didn't see it was PLAIN nonfat. So I open my lil container and pour my granola in. Take a bite and BLECHHHHHHHHHH. Mouth full of nasty. Tastes like sour cream.

String cheese for breakfast it is! LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #4  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

LUV!!!!! We're here for you! I'm finally able to focus more on 3FC after a rough two weeks.

Feral - Lol about the yogurt!

Snowboarding was awesome yesterday, the conditions were SO great! And we went to a mountain we'd never tried before and I totally loved it I'm proud of myself because I did a blue square and it's only my 3rd time boarding! And I didn't die on it!

After a really rough two weeks between my friend's drama and the personal things going on between me and John (we tried to be friends with benefits but it didn't work out...he still likes me it's just...he's in love with someone else) I am finally going to re-focus on myself. I have about 35lbs to go to goal, which I know I can lose by summer and I'm trying to make goal by September. Today my friend is coming over to workout, tomorrow and thursday I'll be spinning, and wednesday is another workout day. I got P90x so I want to start that, too.

And the re-affirmation that I need to focus on myself again is that I finally busted into the 150s this morning at 159.8!!!!! I broke my little 160s plateau and I am NOT going to see the 160s on the scale again. Today I'm eating 100% on plan (which I've been kind of cheating about since January, so that's probably why I hit a plateau - plus I stopped working out as much) and I'm going to workout and feel awesome about myself!

I'm so glad to be back with you ladies, I missed you all so much <3

Oh, and Valentine's Day is Sunday and as usual it is the bane of my perpetually-single existence. However, this year I am re-dubbing the holiday Celebrate Being Sexy and Single Day. Which is exactly what I plan on doing. I've lost 65lbs and I feel hot. I'm going to flaunt it a little bit.

Last edited by platformnine; 02-08-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #5  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've been on this board for a few years now and have been thinking of coming back to daily posting since I've started my weightloss journey yet again.

Lil bit of info about me:

I've struggled wit my weight my entire life sometimes I'm good at controlling it and other times it's spiraling outta control. Jus starting last week I've hooked up wit a personal trainer who is also a good friend and we are both determined to get this booty in shape. I worked really hard last week and I plan to keep at it. We are walking one hour 3x a week on Tues. Thurs. and Fri. We are throwing extra days when we can and she has me scheduled to start a boot camp on Feb 22. I'm super excited because I refuse to fail this time.

I went ahead and walked Sat and Sun by myself and it felt really good!

I've also decieded that my official weigh-in day will be on Sat after I sweat a lil in the steam room at the gym. Just last week alone I lost 3lb and it wasn't even that hard!

In addition to working out I've decieded to jus watch what I eat the best way I can, I don't really want to make to many changes as I have in the past bcuz from experience I know I'll be unable to stick to it.

It's nice to meet all of you and I WISH GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 02-08-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

lovja & anaj - Hi There! Good to see you in here.

feral - Call me weird, I LOVE plain yogurt! Sucks that you grabbed the wrong one this morning though. At least you had some string cheese!

platform - So jealous of your snowboarding awesome-ness! lol I've never been and I live seriously close now. blah. I'm glad you're back around and things are all working their way out. Hooray you for getting into the 150s!! 160s, never again! WOOT!

Nothing exciting happening here. I have "technically" 5 pounds left until goal, but I'm not happy with my body yet, so I think it'll be more. boo! We stayed home and watched the Super Bowl yesterday and I did pretty well. I ate way too many chips so I didn't get to eat as much fruit as I'd liked, but oh well there's always today. Hope you ladies are all having a great start to your week this week!!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #7  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I always miss getting into the weekly chats.. and when I see it its like 9 pages long!

Started back today making it a point to remain ON PLAN! I did way too much splurging this weekend and it made a kink in my progress.

Feral - sucks about the yogurt, just wanted to say I LOVE STRING CHEESE!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Luv - glad to see you You can do this!

Mary - glad you had fun snowboarding. I kind of did, outside of my apartment, but just using my feet to slide down the mountains of snow.

I'm stuck in my apartment now - well the plow just came so I'm ready to head out and get coffee and then come back and do some work this afternoon. Yes, I'm driving 3 miles for coffee and not the full 6 to work, but I don't wanna.

I'm going to get coffee, do work, then maybe run later. My back/hips are KILLING me, but I at least want to get my blood flowing, walking may just have to do.

I need some positive vibes. I'm just so...disgusted right now. I was doing so well and then BAM - I'm back to 2 weeks ago. I'm so frustrated. 180.8 on Thursday - 184.8 on Monday. It doesn't make any darn sense. Did I stick with 1200 calories from Thursday to Sunday? No. but I was at 1800 for Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I walked 6 miles on Saturday and shoveled/moved snow all 3 days. HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE INTO 4 LBS!?

I would cry if I didn't' know that crying would just make me angry at myself. I want to be RID of this last 40 lbs. I just want them gone. I hate thinking that I'm in the obese category. Thursday it was 5 MORE POUNDS AND I'M NOT OBESE. Now its 10 more lbs, because my body hates me.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 02-08-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #9  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jana - Welcome! This time you'll be able to do it! Sounds like you're already off to a great start

Star - You should go! It's really really fun, I totally love it! Plus it's a great workout! Maybe you could work on toning your body instead of worrying about the number on the scale?

Stella - I'm sending positive vibes your way, as long as you send some my way! This is what I just went through to get to the 150s - you just have to know that you will get there - and you will! I went from 161 back up to 165-168 and it came back off. It sounds like you've been doing a lot of physical labor over the weekend so you're probably retaining water! Stay positive, you can and you WILL do this sweetie!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #10  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

stella-- I dont have any comforting words. sorry.

Mary- thats awesome that you snowboard! im glad you had fun!!

Feral- sorry about your yougurt. Im nit a fan of them either! amd I bet you are hungry right now!

Short- yay for staying on track for today! hope all goes well with you.

still job hunting. me and the bf would seriously be in the red if it wasn't for his raise and income tax time. le sigh. Im SO stressed. Tom hasn't came and im over a week late.. double sigh. screwed up a chance at getting another job and i got into a minor car accident last week was not my week.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies...

Stella- My scale said 227 this morning...so thats a lovely 7.5 pounds... did I eat well..no...did I exercise...no...but I know its not a real 7 pounds but... I'm a bit pissed off about it myself...

I decided today that I was recommitinng...none of this on plan all week and then go crazy over the weekend no matter what is going on... I ate so much yesterday that I woke up at 1 am sick and threw up.. I'm done and over it

Jess- thanks for the advice... My best section is the games, then LR and my worst is reading comp... I know its not even hard its just overwhelming to me for some reason...I took a break from them for a little while.... I really need to work on timing myself... I do a lot of studying at work ( I work as a nanny) and sometimes that doesnt allow for me to just work through everything with a time limit...ps sorry about the boy situation

Mary-glad you're back... friends with benefits is always a crappy situation if u ask me... I think that people are never totally on the same page with it..but hopefully maybe you and john can remain regular friends

Feral- I only eat one type of yogurt... orange cream... and a lot of stores around here dont always carry it... and at walmart its more expensive than any of the other flavors by the same brand...

Luv- welcome back

I'm pissed I had to work...no one had to work around here and the road I had to take wasnt plowed...do you know what 2 feet of snow that hasnt been plowed looks like... I felt like I was off roading... and oh yeah there was only enough room on the road for one car...so yeah... cars coming at me headon...no fun at all... screw these people
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #12  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Haley - that flavor of yogurt sounds freakin delicious. I might have to go find it.

I drove my boy to the airport this morning. Now I am sad and have no motivation to do anything besides veg out in front of the tv. After class I'll have to suck it up and settle for being in front of the tv but on a treadmill instead of sitting on my bum. I get to see him in a little less than 3 weeks again when I go up to Rutgers for my interview, maybe I can lose a bit more weight by then. We'll see.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm just about to get down to studying. I have 4 hours to finish reviewing three chapters for my exam. I just can't wait to be finished with it!

I'm going to make myself go to yoga tonight, it's been two weeks and I'm really feeling the lack of workouts lately. I need to see some results on the scale too! I'm going to get up early and go to the gym before class tomorrow as well.

It's really pretty here today. Everything's covered in hoar frost and its kinda foggy. Looks totally cool, but thankfully no snow.

Feral, I hate plain yogurt too. I definitely need the flavoured stuff. So I feel your pain!

Mary, glad you had fun. I don't ski or snowboard, but several of my friends went out this weekend and said that the snow as awesome (we have wicked hills around here!). Friends with benefits is awkward, hopefully the two of you can remain friends, though.

Haley, I sucked at the games! Reading comp, was and has always been my best by far! Good luck keep studying!

Stella, that suck, hopefully you'll be down soon!

Mickey, I've got my finger's crossed that this will be your week! Hope things turn around soon.

Short, good job staying on plan!

Better run, I'm not going to learn this crap by osmosis! Finger's crossed for me guys!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #14  

Mary - I have to agree with Haley. Friends with benefits, especially when you're good friends just never seems to work. Someone gets more attached and feelings get confused and it gets messy (no pun intended).

Glad you had fun snowboarding!!! and CONGRATS on the 150s. *note to self: take up knitting AND snowboarding!*

Jana - WELCOME!!!!! Keep us posted on the bootcamp. I'd thought about that but I don't like people yelling at me and I'm a wimp when it comes to push ups and hardcore exercising.

Star - even if you decide you would like to lose some more weight you should still be THRILLED and you made it to goal. That is a great accomplishment and something to be proud of!

Short - GET ON IT girl!!!! Back on TRACK!

Stella
- I have to agree with Haley (again)... I vote water retention. It's still frustrating, but don't throw in the towel!

Mickey- Poor girl!!!! You said minor fender bender so I'm going to assume you're okay. I know you're stressed over finances, etc, but just look at it as the universe looking out for you since the bf got a raise and you got tax returns back. It could be so much worse. I know it doesn't stop the stressing, but maybe it'll put a little ray of sunshine in your rain cloud.

Haley - I would've called out of work dead. :X

Shan - GOOD LUCK on your test! Just think, it will be over and then you don't have to worry about it!!!

Ali - don't let it bum you out too much. Instead of being sad, use it as motivation. How awesome will it be to lose more weight by the next time you see him? You'll feel so good about yourself!!! I find when I feel good, I feel sexy which then in turn exudes sexy and well... your man will dig that!

As far as the weekends go... I have no social life so I don't drink (only on rare occasion now a days) and I don't go out with anyone so I don't have much temptation at restaurants and what not.

All I can say is that a) try not to avoid your friends, it sucks and b) you gotta do what you gotta do. It sucks and sometimes its not fun, but I always found that I would be pissed because I worked so hard all week to feel like I was pissing away what I'd lost on the weekends.

Good Luck!!!

I have had 2 cups of coffee (we have no head in the building today and it's FREEEZZZING!) this morning and just downed by 2nd 17 oz water bottle in about 30 minutes. I'm going to be peeing for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Feral; 02-08-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: cross post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

hailey, mary, star & feral - thanks SO MUCH for the welcomes!
Closed Thread