Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I've been see-sawing from 130-134 for the past YEAR. I'm just on the cusp of being at my goal size. The other week I was 129, but it just popped back up when the water weight settled in (courtesy of "that week"). So sad. I just want these last five damn pounds to poof away
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hi..

Where is everyone......
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #33  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Hey lady Im still here!! I was looking for the thread earlier but was side track after my run. I hit my personal best today running 6miles in 52:10!!! I was estatic. I really do believe that lifting weights has helped me so much in my runs. This pass wk I was so close to goal (135) but ruined it with a night out and ending the night with some NASTY Taco Bell!!! My weight went up 3lbs during the wknd (sodium) and today I was finally back down to 136. I was really hoping to get to goal but oh well...what can you do???
Im so whinny lately and I know its because TOM is on the rise (Sat) but I really wanted to hit 130 by my 28th birthday and had it all planned out. But it looks like Im gonna be short of 130 if I keep on going the way Im going. I just restarted my workout program and will be adding more runs to my workouts since the weather should be getting better. I know I havent been 130 since I was 16yrs old but I just had such a great feeling that I would make it there by my birthday. Even though I feel great and my friends this pass wknd were like you look so small...in my mind I still feel like a few more lbs off I would feel GRAND!!!
Ok so off my soapbox...I guess if its meant to be for me to lose that weight then I will....oh dont you just love the way TOM screws with your emotions...booooo
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #34  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Bablou- Congrats on the 6mi time!! That's awesome. I just blew my 10k personal best out of the water too, from 61:45 to 58:00. I don't really do it that often but it's nice to know I can do it in under an hour now. I have not been where I want to be with my eating either. My red line weight is 135, but I really want to be maintaining closer to 130, and yesterday was ok eating-wise for maintaining but not for scraping off the extra few lbs that seem to have come on magically
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #35  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

ahh! i was at the gym yesterday, & got up the courage to weigh myself (i've been eating semi-horribly & slacking on my workouts) & i gained .9 pounds .. if i could JUST get under 130! i know i need to get my butt in gear, but its easier said than done!

Last edited by diornotwar; 03-05-2010 at 09:08 AM.
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #36  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Well I stumbled and FELL big time. Haven't posted in a while, too busy throwing myself a pity party lol. This is the 3rd time I get to 135 (lowest weight ever) and then I snap or something. I start to eat, badly, then can't control it and it's a downward spiral from there. I shot up to 140 (last time I checked) and have refused to weigh myself since friday. I just eat and eat and eat till I feel that about to explode from fullness feeling. I don't know why I lose all control at that 135 mark. I leave for a trip on friday and will be back monday night. That's a good time to restart and finally start P90x. Sorry for the ranting and whining, I just feel so physically and mentally tired of this. Thinking about what I eat, can't eat, when to eat, how much to eat, ALL THE TIME! If all these negative thoughts were action I would have been there by now. Ugh end rant...Bablou congrats on your running time, that's awesome. Good luck everyone!
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I'm still here, but I cracked the 130 barrier this week. 129.0 this morning for the third day in a row, so I know it's not a water-weight fluke!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #38  

Tkm256: Congrats girly on making it to 129....thats awesome. Thats my ultimate goal to see that number just once...lol!!! Its def not a water fluke. Keep it up

Jennsreadytolose: Thanks!!! Girl its ok! We all go thru our ups and downs. But when you feel like your falling you have to come on here and vent. It helps big time. Just reading others stories or just letting it all out. Ive been there a lot when I get to my lowest and completely blow it because I feel so great and that I can go out and eat a whole thin crust pizza...lol!! Yes it is mentally draining at times but if you make it a lifestyle change then it will become a habit. When you get back from your trip write down some small goals and get back on here and we will encourage you to get back on track

Diornotwar: Well at least its just a .9 gain and not a 9lb gain or even a 2-3lb gain....it is always easier said then done but you can do it....keep ur head up.

Forestroad: Thanks girl. Thats a great time in your 10k...it feels great to hit a personal best. Yah I havent been running as much as I do when its warm outside so I was shocked at my time but happy to know I can get up and go no matter how many days off. Eating is harder for me now then it was during the holidays....I was much more conscious about what I put in my mouth.

Well TOM came early this time around for me. Good and bad I weighed in at 136 this morning so I havent gained any weight. Ive been eating great this wk and working out hard so hopefully I will see a loss sometime next wk when TOM leaves the building. Im just praying for 135 Then I can kick my butt for the rest of the month to break my lowest of 134. My girlfriends and I just planned a trip to Vegas for Memorial wknd and she wants to lose 10lbs
to get to 130. She always maintains btwn 132-135 but has been thru some stressors....So our ultimate goal is to be hot hot hot at 130 in Vegas!!! I have 3months to lose 6lbs!!! Its so possible but hard to believe I can do it. I think if I just break 135 I will have more faith in it really happening!!
Have a good wknd ladies...Stay strong we can do this
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #39  
There Is No Wagon

Jenn- it's ok--one of these days you will break that pattern, you just need to stop telling yourself that you always fail at 135, bc then you give that stupid number power it doesn't have--it's just a number! you'll get it this time around.

tkm- congrats! I wish I could hold onto 129 for 3 days in a row. I just want to get to the point where on heavy days I might be up to 132-133, but on light days I'm definitely in the 120s, like 128-129. but my body seems to be changing it's composition so it may be kind of silly right now to be focusing on the scale--my waist measurement is more telling at this point.

bablou- Vegas!!! I'm so jealous!!! I went there for spring break of my senior year in college, and had a blast. I didn't even think i was going to like it bc i don't really like the idea of gambling, but i actually had fun at the black jack and craps tables, and ended up $70 ahead. I was their model customer--I won a bit at the tables and then promptly spent it all in the gift shop, lol. That and the no open container laws, plus the fact that it was March and Vegas in March is about 40 degrees warmer than VT lol, made for such an awesome time. You will have a blast and I'm confident you will hit your goal by then, no problem!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #40  
There Is No Wagon

I had a crazy unexpected whoosh at the gym tonight--129.5, down from 133.5 last night. I was hydrated and had just eaten too. We'll see where this goes...did i just break through a 4 month plateau?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #41  

Awesome forestroad how exciting to see 129!!! I hope you broke your plateau.

Today I ran a 5k unexpectedly. I worked last night 12hr shift and wasnt for sure if I would feel up to running when I got off. Anyway I some how found the courage and met my girlfriends. It was a real chilly morning and I've never ran a 5k before so I didnt know how to start off. I had my phone tracking and my tunes up high. I just wanted to make it at 26mins or below. I ended up running a 25:24 with a 8:08pace. I was shocked. I think I could of gone faster at times but I felt like I was going to up chuck...lol!!! I think Im in the mood to train for some more races. Ive ran a mini once before but havent wanted to run one since...haha!!! I just might this year....
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, sorry I'm jumping in late... I am on 3FC sporadically, as time allows, and I am so happy to have found this thread because my numbers are so close to some of yours! It's really nice to hear from people in similar situations.

Anyway, I REALLY want to get out of the 130's! I weighed in yesterday at 134.6, but my official weigh-in isn't until Friday (I just like to peek frequently!). I recently started running again (it's amazing to me how much easier it is to run with 10lbs lost) and I've also been trying my hand at some weights, though that is slow in coming...

I have a question for you all... I am wearing a size 6 right now (which is so exciting!) and I assume I'll get down to a 4 when I hit the 120's (maybe even a 2 when I hit goal). Almost all of the clothes in my closet are size 8/10 and are now extremely unflattering because of the bagginess, but I can't afford to buy new clothes every time I reach a new size. What do you all do about this? I hate feeling unattractive at work and I want to show off all my hard work and effort! But I also don't want to waste money on clothes that I hope I won't be in in a few weeks/months.

Anyway, I hope you're all having wonderful Sundays!
JenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #43  

^^Hey JenB: welcome and glad you found us!! I weigh everyday just to hold myself accountable for what I do and put in my mouth. So congrats on being 134. And I can totally agree with you on the running statement. My runs are ten times easier without extra baggage. About your clothes have you tried getting your clothes altered. Sometimes just taking in the waist a little might help with your pants and jeans to fit better. Also if you dont want to spend a lot of money try a consignment shop or the thrift store. I know people have a hard time wearing hand me downs. But I have found awesome clothes at both with tags still on for little to nothing. However dont think that this isnt going to be a long term thing. You have to believe in yourself that you can stay at your goal. Good luck to you and I hope others chime in

Today is not an official weigh in day but I was too excited to hold it in. I weighed 135.4....YEPPPIEEEEE!!!! I was so excited. I had a great work out day yesterday and eating wise I did ok but someone brought some food into work that I wasnt able to pry as to what all they used...but it was dayummm good....lol!!! So I was worried about putting on a couple lbs but it was the opposite. And maybe since TOM is heading out in a day or two Ill be lucky and see 134 by my official weigh in day

Hope everyone is having a grand wknd.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 148/141/125

Height: 5'1"

So I haven't posted in a really long time! and unfortunately I haven't made any progress I have been sitting around 132 for almost a year!! I want to be at 122 eventually -sooner rather than later, so I need to get back on track. I have been slipping lately!
LittleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks bablou! Great tips. I think I need to make a trip to a thrift store this weekend. And I think that starting to donate some of my too-big clothes will be a great way to put my past weight permanently behind me.

So, on a random note, I just watched the documentary "Super Size Me." I know it came out a long time ago, but I never had a chance to see it so I just watched it on netflix. Oh my goodness! If anyone needs any motivation to eat healthy and take care of your body, this is it! The movie actually really upset me. It makes me scared for the health of so many people in this country and it makes me very angry at the various restaurants, manufacturers, food industry lobbyists, etc who profit from people's consumption of absolute junk. It definitely inspires me to think carefully about what I put into my body.
JenB is offline   Reply With Quote