Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #16  

I don't do very well when I plateau. In fact I just got back on the wagon after MONTHS off after being discouraged. But I'm ready to start a new. I guess the biggest thing is to just keep telling yourself this is what you want and you have to work to get there even in the null moments.

How are you eating?
KellyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Would you mind me asking how you got started running? I would like to start running and don't really know where to start!
sunfsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #18  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Yup, I'm a rower. I should probably talk to our strength and conditioning staff people but its just so darn embarrassing.lol. But it really probably is the right thing to do, as they have directed people to nutritionists before if their body comp tests don't come back satisfying the coach's goals. As for how i started running, honestly, I've always played sports and been active my whole life- even at 226. I find with running and endurance sports in general, its going to be tough at first and throughout the whole process but that's how you get better. Not in an injury enducing tough but a physically demanding tough. I would recommend going and getting a physical and if you're new to running, I hear wonderful things about the couch to 5k program. It seems people are always on that and see good results.

Thanks so much everyone for your input and for your dealing with my whininess. I know you all are correct, it just sometimes takes some stubborness on my part.lol. Thanks again for all the support, you guys.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #19  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

As someone who works out a lot you have to be really aware of your food.

Do you have an idea of your current calorie intake? You want a deficit of calories, but some people have trouble losing if there isn't enough food.

You might also be over-eating. Lots of people assume they can eat whatever because they work out so much, but it doesn't work that way. I weigh about the same as you and I work out about the same # of hours maybe a few more because I'm in training. I'm losing okay on 1700-2000 most days... maybe a few 1500 days.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #20  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella13 View Post
Sorry this is off topic, but Jen do you think we should eat back the calories we burn? 'cause that would be awesome
Ha! That would be pretty sweet, wouldn't it???

I fight that, myself. I try to exercise as late as possible, that way I don't really have time to eat because working out makes me HUNGRY.

That's a huge obstacle for me. Working out makes me feel amazing, but it makes a terrible appetite suppressant, which is why I wondered if she was eating back what she was burning.

That's sort of moot though, because redliss is an athlete and athletes need fuel!

Redliss, don't be embarrassed about talking to your trainers! They will be able to offer you guidance that may be more useful to you in your position as an athlete than anyone else. Take advantage

Last edited by junebug41; 02-13-2010 at 12:07 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #21  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you don't know what your intake is how can you know you are eating too much? You are an athlete and you need more food than most of us- I suggest figuring out your daily calories over the course of a week and then if it's anything less than 1500 a day you DEFINITELY need to eat a lot more.

If you have staff on hand that can help you I suggest taking advantage of them and getting some help.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote