* ~ * Weekly Chat - Feb 8th-14th * ~ * - Page 23 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #331  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

While I'm thinking about it --

WHERE ARE TAYLOR AND PAMMY?

I know Pammy was in Chicago with her boyfriend, but I thought she was back in FL already???
Old 02-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #332  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Mary - you have a good attitude, I just hate the whole idea of Valentine's day. In my experience, its just a competition among women to see who gets the bigger flowers, better dinner, better jewelry, etc. This comes from working in an industry that's 85% women, so I think I'm just drowned in it.

Kelli - do you eat a lot of processed/packaged foods?

Sodium is the devil. My body is so sensitive to it, and I don't know why.
If I'm eating something packaged, I try to avoid anything with more than 30% of the recommended intake of sodium.
However, I just try and stay away from packaged/processed foods as much as I can - this may be why I'm so sensitive to sodium, because I avoid it. I rarely add salt to anything I cook, I focus on other spices.

If I eat out, I make sure I drink tons of water before, after, and during. Lemon/lime in water also helps some of the retention.

I'm sure you'll hear me b*tching about sodium tomorrow. I really screwed up Friday, but I was super good Saturday and I think I was today - I didn't log calories but I only had 2 meals (one of which I cooked) and I worked out. I had an egg white omlette with spinach and mozzarella, hash browns, coffee, then for dinner I had a chicken breast, asparagus and an artichoke with garlic aioli, so I really think I'm okay. I'm kind of hungry now so I might have a few almonds before sleep, just so I don't wake up with my stomach ready to ingest my left leg.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day
Old 02-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #333  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Feral - A treadclimber is a bowflex machine. Its like a treadmill, but it has two separate pedals and it has an incline. You can adjust the resistance as well.. they have commercials about them a lot. So you get a really good workout and you don't have to run.

stella - I don't really do a lot of prepackaged except for frozen dinners. I buy some smart ones and lean cuisines, but I get the ones that fit the limitations for LA weight loss. Under a certain amt. of calories and fat and so on. Also.. lunch meat. I got a subway and put it into My Plate.. the sodium was unreal! I don't buy any canned veggies.. only raw or frozen. Same with fruit. What you ate today sounds like it was really healthy, so I think you should be ok.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #334  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

See, I can't have Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines anymore. They're loaded with sodium - when I was on WW I ate them for lunch and sometimes dinner and my weight wasn't budging, and then I checked that out and was like ooooh.

That may be what's going on. And yeah, lunch meat can get you too - but they do make low sodium lunch meat. Just be aware, you know. Maybe track your sodium and see how your body reacts to certain amounts, and such.
Closed Thread