Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #1  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Default sad.

My best/only substancial friend I've made since moving here just left to go to the navy. Well, she leaves tomorrow, but this was my last night with her and I'm bummed. It's given me a little motivation on my weight loss, like "wow, maybe when she sees me this summer I'll be thinner.. but ultimately I'm just upset, and I had to tell someone about it :-( I know it's good for her and I'm proud, but it sucks for me...
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/?/145

Height: 5'3" Fun Sized!

That really does suck... I'm sorry! I know how you feel though. I moved to PA from OK in July, and I haven't made a single substantial friend since I've been here... Gets super lonely.
MrsHoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #3  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

ha. Too bad we don't live closer. Cute hair btw.
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

That does stink! I'm sorry chickadee, but it does sound like a good measurement for WL
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

My best friend since the beginning of high school (over 10 years! YIKES!) left last May to go away to Medical School. She comes home every 4 months and even though we talk/msg each other pretty much everyday, it sucks that we're not our usual selves together. So I totally understand!

When she came back in August she could tell I'd gained a bit of weight (went back on the pill and I blamed that but I know it was a huge lack of motivation on my part!) but this time around, when she comes home in May, I WILL look different!
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #6  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry to hear it! I would be sad too. Many years ago one of my best friends (I only have two really good friends and I still live in the same area I grew up in.. sad I know) left for medical school. We tried to talk some on the phone and email, but it just wasn't the same.

Now we don't even feel like friends at all. I will admit that neither one of us put much effort into a long distance friendship and so we ended up with nothing in common. She made new friends and now is getting married. I wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid and a few years ago it would have been different.

So make sure you guys keep in touch! Don't lose a good friend just because she moves
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Aww, I'm sorry! My best friend (since age 14, we are 28 now) and I were separated in college but we still kept in touch, got together a few times a year, and talked on the phone often. We are still close as two peas in a pod!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #8  
Cake Lover

S/C/G: 270/207/180

Height: 5' 5"

I understand exactly what you're going through... It's hard to lose that connection with someone that you feel so close to, especially if it's the one person you feel like you can be 100% real with.

I don't know if that's the exact case with you, but it happened to me too. Although it is much easier now to keep in contact with far away friends, it wasn't always the case. Webcams can be great!
Kellye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

i'm so sorry! I am in a similar situation right now. I teach English in the Middle east, not too many cool, English speaking women around these parts! I made a great friend with a girl, BFF for the past year, and she left to go back to the states. the past 2 months have been pretty rough, but we'll see each other in the states this summer.... I'm pretty lonely as well.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

After a year of not talking, I just deleted my high school bff off of facebook. Long story short....we were living together and she manipulated me and left to go live with her bf in Europe and even though I never mentioned that it upset me I guess we had some kind of falling out, because for whatever reason she never contacted me again though she kept in contact with "lesser" friends. It sucks Though I guess I've found a lot of solace in that I have great online friends even if I don't have any in rl atm.

Hopefully you can find some motivation from her leaving and then when she sees you she'll be stunned ^^
megphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry to hear that! Losing friends, even if only for awhile, sucks. Definitely use that as motivation though.. I bet you'll be so focused on losing weight that time will fly and she'll be back!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I know that sucks. 2 years ago 2 of my closest friends joined the Navy. One is now in Hawaii and the other in Japan. I still email both of them, but neither has even been home since they moved away. I still consider them friends though, and get the hear the coolest stories from them about their Navy lives. I know it is not the same as seeing each other, but you definitely can still maintain the friendship. Hang in there, you will get to see her again before you know it.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote