Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #136  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Haley - I had to look on my pyhone so I could see it! LOL You cheated!!!!! I forgot you could use the circle things and what not. So mine really does look like a 3rd grader drew it.

*shakes fist at filters* Guess you guys have to wait for mine.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #137  

Sorry if this is huge. I had to upload it email it to myself, upload it on photobucket from my cell phone and then upload the link from my cell phone. Thought you guys would get a kick out of my mad paint skillz!

Last edited by Feral; 02-04-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #138  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

shan - I'm not sure how far from the border you are, but have you considered driving into the US, then taking a flight from there? Or maybe someone could drive you over and drop you off. I'd like to think it'd make a HUGE difference in price, tho I'm not too sure.

Ok I would totally attempt to draw my shape in paint, but I'm so not skilled at that. When I "draw" in paint, it consists of many squiggly lines and using the paint can to dump colors in the white spaces, Besides, I dunno how to upload and all that jazz on here... My body really is an hourglass, so I guess it's not really a big deal if I were to draw it anyhow. Blah. Today the scale stayed the same, but I'm really seeing a difference in my belly area. It seems to have gone down a lot, so I'm going to ask hubby to measure me saturday morning. I'm crossing my fingers for favorable numbers. Things have been pretty uneventful lately.... so that's all for now.

feral - haha, we cross-posted. Your pic is hilarious!

Last edited by stargzr; 02-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #139  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I'm with star - I'm an hourglass, so its not that interesting, unless you really want to see myself fumble through paint

Shan - that royally sucks. Road trip to Vegas?

Feral - the jeans look good

Haley - Just be careful! And with the snow we're supposed to get this weekend you might want to go sooner than later.

Jess - I love Chinese food. lovelovelovelovelove Its a problem.

Forest - What's going on with your burst valve thingie?

Team 2.5 - Only down to 180.8 today, but I think that may be due to that cheeseburger yesterday. Yay sodium. No eating out for me today (I may get iced coffee).

Okay, so I really only hate my job on Thursdays. We have this meeting in first thing in the morning and its just...It amazes me how these people have graduated college and grad school and still act like 3 year olds. I'm going to be here late today b/c of school, so I'm just going to close my door and do what I have to do and try to ignore them.

Then I get to exercise later. Yay I need to go to the grocery store, just in case. Time to stock up on some fruits and veggies for the impending blizzard, and my ingredients for buffalo chicken dip for Sunday.

AAAAAH AND THIS JUST HAPPENED.

So Co-worker I hate - he's a jerk, he's chauvenistic, etc. Just goes oh, you look like you've lost weight - and pats his belly. YES I HAVE YOU A-HOLE DON'T LOOK AT MY BODY. I can't say anything because other people around here have said that, but like, its different. He's a guy. AAAAAAAAHHH I WANT TO GO HOME.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 02-04-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella- um I'm up 2.5 pounds... how in the heck does this stuff work? ugh
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #141  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

stella- the valve is temporarily fixed nd i'm gettinga new tank this weekend. sorry about your chauvinistic prick...i hate it when people think it's ok to comment on my body.

haley- wow i am majorly impressed with your paint skillz.

Guys, I got my mail this morning at my PO Box mainly to pick up a netflix dvd (gossip girl of course) bc I'm not expecting grad school decisions for another 6 weeks, but...there was a huge envelope from Syracuse! I got into the Maxwell School of Social Science! Nice surprise to start the day
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #142  
Brighter than the moon!

Congrats Forest
Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #143  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Congrats forest!!!

stella - I would be super irritated at that guy too. grrr... man, I envy your door (at work), lol. I have a cube, no door.

Last edited by stargzr; 02-04-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #144  

CONGRATS FOREST!!!!

Dummy of the Day Award goes to....

FERAL!

I didn't pack my lunch last night because I was planning on getting a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat from CFA. Which would've been GREAT... had I not left my WALLET at home. I never carry cash so I didn't even have cash to pay for it.

No lunch. No snacks. I have school today after work so I won't even be home until 7:30.

I think the universe just slapped me in the face for not planning here lately. BAHHH!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #145  
Brighter than the moon!

oof. Is there anyone at work who would buy you lunch or something? I'd pass out if I went that long without eating...
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I apologize, this is going to get really really long, but I don’t really have anyone else I can share this all with and I need to get if off my chest. I’m not comfortable, discussing this with people in “real life” so you guys are the next best thing.

So the bf and I had a long talk last night. We're not going to go to Vegas. One it's too expensive neither of us has the cash for that right now. Unfortunately, Canada has crappy airline prices. As far as driving to the states, the closest American "city" is Kalispell Montana, and I don't think they have an much of an airport there. Plus it's a 7 or 8 hour drive. So that's out. We are going to San Fransisco this summer for my friends wedding, so we'll spend a couple of extra days there after the wedding, but still we'd both been looking forward to Vegas.

My bf also told me that he's quitting drinking completely. I'm so relieved. Alcoholism runs in his family and I'd always be uncomfortable with how much he drank. He informed me, that he drank way more than I ever knew. Often having 5 or 6 beers before we'd go out on a Friday night and then drinking several more beers while we were out. He was getting up on the weekends and having a couple of drinks by himself on a saturday morning. I'm relieved that he's decided to quit, I don't what him to wind up in an early grave like his dad. I'll support him 210% in this, however our social life revolves around drinks out that's just what we do. We go out and watch the hockey game and have a few drinks go our for drinks with our friends. So we're definitely going to need a huge lifestyle overhaul. But we'll do it. So that was one of the other reasons we decided not to go to Vegas. He didn't want to be exposed to a binge drinking weekend so soon after deciding to quit. He also said one of the reason he decided to quit drinking was for me, because he’s not the kind of boyfriend I deserve. I do so many nice things for him, but he’s been to self centered to do things in return and I deserve better. I know he can’t quit drinking for me, just as I can’t lose weight for him, but it’s nice to know that he was thinking of me if you know what I mean?

We also decided that we're going to go to counseling. We love each other very much, and never fight, but something is missing sexually. He’s attracted to me, but in the bedroom things just don’t connect. We’re missing some intimacy there. It’s been a problem for a while but we finally decided we need to do something about it. He thinks part of the problem might have been his drinking, and I agree and some of the problem probably has to do with my insecurities regarding my weight. But we decided me need to do this for US. We’re perfect for each other in every way, except that so we want to do what we can to fix it.

So it was a pretty heavy Wednesday night, but I feel good. 2010 is definitely going to be a major life changing year for the both of us.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #147  

I probably could but at this point I'm just pissed and don't want to eat.

However, 2 of my guy friends who live in different states BOTH offered to order me lunch and have it delivered on them.

They both got major brownie points.

I love my friends!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #148  
Brighter than the moon!

Darnit.

There's a big meeting going on. They just put out the left over cheese, bread and fruit. All I need is wine and I'll be happy as a clam. I'm thinking dinner is going to be plain veggies tonight...tee hee
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #149  
Brighter than the moon!

Shan--

Good for your bf and way to support him. My dad's been a recovering alcoholic for almost 20 years. Its a hard journey and he's definately going to need someone to support him. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #150  

Shan - WOW! Ch-ch-ch-changes!!! Sounds like it's for the best though and KUDOS to the bf for admitting there's a problem and making a change! Also, kudos to him for suggesting couseling. Far too often too many people could really make a difference in their relationship with it (i.e. instead of getting a divorce) but I guess they don't love each other enough to put the work into it.

Keep your head up! We're always here and look at the bright side of the coin... things are going to get BETTER!

It definitely sucks to have to do a lifestyle overhaul, but you may find that it benefits you both much better.

When you get to a point where you guys are ready to go back out, etc. check out meetup.org. You may find some interesting things to do without drinking with your friends (not that you can't stay friends with them, but you know what I mean).

Stella - I'm teleporting to your office RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by Feral; 02-04-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Closed Thread