3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Does anyone else do this? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192737-does-anyone-else-do.html)

MrsHoneycutt 01-30-2010 02:50 PM

Does anyone else do this?

Yesterday, I needed a confidence boost, so I went to my usual salon at the mall and got my hair done...

I have an obsession with Victoria's Secret, so I decided to go in and look around... I ended up buying some PINK sweat pants and a hoodie, a tank top, and two T-Shirts....

They don't fit... YET... But, they will. They're not FAR from fitting... But probably a good 10-15# more before I'm COMFORTABLE wearing them...

So, I had a thought... Does anyone else buy things KNOWING that they don't/wont fit yet?? As sort of a motivation to keep going??

I've done this for years... But, I've never really been serious about weight-loss until recently.

I have tons of new cute clothes in my closet still with tags hanging off of them... All different sizes...

My hope is that when I go in there and try them on, if something fits that didn't fit before, it's going to be a HUGE confidence boost.

Anyways! Thats all I have to say about that! =]:dizzy:

maenad 01-30-2010 03:01 PM

I don't really do that any more, but i used to when i was in college. I remember buying this perfect little skirt in size 2 and always trying it on to see if it fit right yet. Then i realized that i was 105 pounds, and my bone structure is to big to ever get into that skirt! I ended up giving it to a friend!

However, i do have several different wardrobes, i have been so many different sizes! I have everything from a size 2-8! i look forward to getting back down to some of my size 4's that are too snug.

I did, however, buy a new pair of jeans just yesterday that are tight, and i know in 5 pounds they will be perfect. I really just need a little motivation as of late!

MrsHoneycutt 01-30-2010 03:17 PM

I feel ya! I have TONS of different sizes in my closet...
I was a size 9 when I started college. I was a little heavier than I wanted to be, but I wasn't uncomfortable with myself (I'm really hippy/curvy). Now I'm struggling to fit into 15s. I think this is it though. I think I finally hit my "rock bottom", and I'm going to get to 150# at LEAST! Keep up the awesome work! You'll get there~!

redliss7 01-30-2010 03:24 PM

Hmm...Idk. I used to think about doing that; however, never did. I don't do this. I figure I'll save the cash and not buy any clothes until I hit goal. That way, I'm dying for some new pieces and when I finally do buy the clothes at goal, they'll be new, in season, and a treat for hitting goal.

BeautyandtheBeast 01-30-2010 03:26 PM

I used to do that a lot but this is the only weight loss journey which is and will be successful so I never got to wear any of the small clothes I bought as I always fell off the wagon. One thing I bought a while back is this gorgeous blue halter dress. The thing is, it is my size, a UK size 12, but the material is really clingy so I look AWFUL in it (I bought it online). I'm hoping that when I lose more weight and go down a few sizes it will fit me well even though it's a size 12.

MiZTaCCen 01-30-2010 03:35 PM

No, I used to have this pair of skinny jeans that I loved. I was saving them for a while to get back into them, but I gave them to my mom instead. I do have this other pair of cool red skinny jeans that fit when I was in the 160 range...so I keep those around for motivation to fit back into them. I dont buy things that won't fit me now because it'll frusterate me not being able to wear them. Not to mention the lack of funds.

Selca 01-30-2010 03:35 PM

I do it all the time on clearance items. I have a ton in my closet right now. I also still have all my size 6 jeans from college that I'm hoping I will fit into soon. The worst part for me is I have such a limited wardrobe of what I can wear now because I hate buying clothes with the way I look.

LotusMama 01-30-2010 05:09 PM

Hi, I am not a "20 something", but I hope you don't mind if I post a response. Yes, I do it quite a bit. Here's the great thing: recently, I have been able to fit into some of the clothes that I bought awhile ago. It is a great reward for the hard work. Plus, it is nice to have some "new" clothes as you are losing weight.

J

MrsHoneycutt 01-30-2010 05:45 PM

Selca- I totally feel ya! I hate shopping for clothes that fit me perfectly now... Unless I'm going somewhere, I live in my husbands baggy old sweatpants and white v-neck t-shirts... Lol, I do have clothes that fit me as I am right now, but I'd just rather be super-comfy when I'm home alone. =]

I went home to OK over Christmas, and my mom and sister (they're both size 5) got sick of seeing me slobbed out in sweats, so they made me go shopping. I didn't like buying size 14 jeans, but I did like feeling comfortable in a pair of jeans that didn't give me a serious case of muffin-top! Lol

MrsHoneycutt 01-30-2010 05:47 PM

Jrmohr- I don't mind at all! =]

mateosmama2005 01-30-2010 07:42 PM

oh Yes!! I Have Been Buying Clothes Since September, They Dont Fit, But I *want* To Fit Into Them...so It Motivates Me!!

srmb60 01-30-2010 07:59 PM

Not a 20 either but ... yes! If I can get into them with control top hose or something like that ... I'll be able to wear them is just a few more pounds.

MyPitBullSmiles 01-30-2010 08:40 PM

I don't.. but only because I have kind of a weird shape so it's REALLY hard to find clothes that fit and most stuff has to be altered anyway. Just my luck if I would buy something I LOVE in a size or two smaller I'd end up not fitting it anyway when I lost weight!!!

NightAngel26 01-30-2010 09:17 PM

Of Course...

Oh I've had stuff I used to wear and stuff that I bought that I knew wouldn't fit in hopes that it would motivate me! As a matter of fact I did this a couple of weeks ago! I bought a pair of 18s (some fit and some don't but I knew these didn't. My issue is that I can't bring myself to buy a new pair of 20s.. NO!! Argh! So, those ones will fit soon, or maybe they do now... but I'll wait a lil longer.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

stargzr 01-30-2010 09:55 PM

I do this... as a matter of fact, I went to the mall today and tried on a pair of pants at Aeropostale. They were $6!!! I thought they'd be too small, but they actually fit perfectly (or as perfectly as they were going to, haha). I was really going to buy them in the next size down because I don't plan on being at my current size when I hit goal... Hubby talked me out of it. Anywho, I actually put on a really cute skirt I bought like 6 months ago this morning and it FIT! It didn't when I bought it, but it was SUPER cute and I knew I'd get there eventually.. I think it's a great idea! Helps as motivation and so that when I hit goal I'll have a few things to wear. :D