Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone ever done a cleanse???

I've been considering it. I've heard people say they feel amazing after it, although I'm also aware that there are a ton of different types!

Any insight?
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/?/145

Height: 5'3" Fun Sized!

I haven't done one, but I have been thinking about it... I just have no idea what kind to buy and try. I have looked into going and having a colonic as well, but I'm afraid it would be embarassing. =]

If you decide on one to try, let us know, cause I would definitely like to try it.

=]
MrsHoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #3  
One Day

S/C/G: 148/128

Height: 5'2

Hi there,
I've done a lot of them...well at least 2-3 times a year. You really need to plan ahead but I do have to say you do feel great afterwards. I bought a kit called Holista. I bought it at our local Shoppers Drug Mart for $20. It has a food plan inside with the applicable capsules (milk thistle etc.) You need to cut out all white foods, basically adapt a gluten free diet, drink tons of water and cut out all dairy, alcohol and caffeine. I had a splitting headache for days but it did subside. My skin looked great, my energy level doubled and I slept better. I like doing the cleanse/detox in and around a time when there are no outside disruptions eg. a dinner party or a special night out. You need to stick to the plan for at least 7-14 days. Go for it - it's the perfect time of year to get an energy boost!
oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Cleanses are a waste of money.

I have tried a couple and there isn't much to them except you take the money out of your wallet and flush it down the toilet

I have done the Master Cleanse. I lost about 6 lbs and had digestive issues for a couple of months.

I do juice fasts about 1-2 times a year, for a few reasons. It did sort of unintentionally start me on this journey. However, I am convinced that commerical products are a big fat waste of money and in some cases can be harmful to your health.

Drink your water, up your veggies, and that will "cleanse" you just fine. Promise!

Last edited by junebug41; 01-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I had an egg mcmuffin, hash brown and large coffee the other day. That cleaned me out more than any of those commercial cleanses ever could, and it was only $4!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

lol thanks guys, I'm not so much interested in losing weight during the cleanse, moreso to just feel better. I've had a really rough start to the year. In fact I had a complete breakdown and I've been off work for almost 4 weeks. I want to feel better and healthier than i have in the passed few weeks especially because I haven't been able to eat. I've been on a liquid diet and even then I can't always keep things down. I just figured a cleanse would be a good way to start back into getting healthy again and hopefully supply me with some vitamins etc that i've been missing out on. I'll have to look into the different types, but I'll definately look into the hollista too.
Thanks!
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/155/148.4/138

Height: 5'8"

loraloo- I've tried a few cleanses. The one that I rely on and do about 4 times a year is the Wild Rose Herbal detox. It is fantastic. I have seen it at many health food stores (vitality,MHN) depending where you go it ranges between $28-$35. It takes everything into account, cleanses toxins, yeast, sugars, its just very well rounded. There are 4 herbs included that you take twice a day for 2 weeks along with an eating plan that must be followed to get best results from it. I swear by it, feel great after, clear skin, bright eyes, sleep great, lose a few pounds. The first 3 days you are on it you may be very tired, lethargic, even get sick, but this is just the toxins in your body working their way out. The 4th and 5th day my energy level is through the roof. I highley recommend it. I agree that some cleanses are a waste of money, especially those that give you some pills to take and dont give you an eating plan to follow along with it, but this one rocks.
LevelheadedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

I have done the master cleanse I lost alot of weight but, of course, gained it all back. I never did the salt water flushes it recommends, I just couldn't do it. I felt good after the first few days and it started me on the path to becoming more in tune to what I was eating and why. Of course I read Fast Food Nation and watched a couple documentaries about food right after the cleanse so that kinda helped too. I think if I did a cleanse again it would be a little less strict and more a detox with fresh fruits and veggies for a week or something along those lines.

Last edited by Jelma; 01-27-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #9  
I will do this.

I agree with Junebug..
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I agree with Junebug too. As far as I can tell, the only benefits you feel are psychological. If it makes you feel better, great, I'm not saying that makes it not worth it, just as long as you know what you are getting for your money I'm pretty convinced that the body, for the most part, can keep itself clean without help from commericial cleanses or colon hydrotherapies etc. If I think my digestion needs some help, I eat more fibre and drink more water
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote