Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Default What SIZE am I already?! Geez!! Rant...

I am so frustrated...grrr.

So, I've lost 25 pounds. Not a hundred pounds, but still it's something. 25 pounds ago, I was dying to finally be able to say I'd lost this much...but now that I'm here? I don't see any physical changes! I feel better and more energetic and healthier and blah blah blah, but my body looks pretty much the same. How can this be?

And on top of that...I would have thought that once I'd lost 25 pounds, my clothes would be too big. Now, on top, I've gone from an XL to a L (I could even try a medium), but that's mostly because of the loss of boobage, but hey, I'm glad to drop the X. However...on the bottom? I'm still a 16. They are lose and baggy...but not in the waist much, mostly in the legs and butt area. They are not by any means too big to wear. But I went to LB this weekend and tried on 14s and they fit...so...what the HECK? Am I a 14 or a 16? The size 16s I have now are from Lane Bryant too, so I don't get it.

Any of you guys going through the same thing or know what I mean? It's frustrating. I want to trash all my old fat clothes already and get new pants, but I don't feel like I really have a reason to yet...
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there ! Congrats on your 25LB weight loss. Everyone's body loses the weight differently. You may lose weight on top first or in your legs first...the waist is one of the hardest places to lose the weight from. Don't be discouraged though because it will come off if you continue down the same path you're on. You have done amazing so far ! I'm pretty sure that the 25lb loss is noticeable but we never see the changes in ourselves ! As far as the pants from LB go...well different style pants will fit differently even if they are from the same place. That's why it's best not to even really look at the size, just go with the pants that fit you best. I range from a 9 to a 12 and it could be from the same exact store ! Honestly, it sounds like you're doing great, don't be to hard on yourself. Keep up the great work !
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I've also lost around 25lbs, and I don't FEEL like it's very noticable even though I know it IS. I know it is because I get compliments frequently on the weightloss and people even ask me how I did it. Also, when I was at my highest, I gave in and bought a new pair of jeans. I used to always fit in a 12, but it was time to accept that I couldn't stuff myself into that size anymore. I got a 13, but should have gotten a 14. Well now, that size 13 literally falls off when I stand up. I'm actually about to go to TJ Maxx because I need new jeans, I simply can't wear my old ones anymore. I'm going to start off trying on a few size 10's, but I may even wander into a 9.

But I know the feeling. I realize that I am lighter and that people notice and that I'm in smaller clothes. I can also see a small change in highest weight pictures and recent pictures. But the things about my body that frustrated me to begin with haven't changed much. I still have a plump tummy, more than a small pooch. I can suck it in a bit more effectively, but that fat refuses to budge! I guess I feel like I'm the exact same body shape, just 25lbs less of it.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
But the things about my body that frustrated me to begin with haven't changed much.... I guess I feel like I'm the exact same body shape, just 25lbs less of it.
Me too! My shape didn't really change much from 180lbs to 130lbs. Obviously I notice a difference, and I'm now an 8 rather than a 14, but I still have a belly pooch and love handles and can't fit into designer jeans the way I'd like to.

More related to the way you're feeling, when I went from 165 to 140, I went shopping for new jeans at the gap (where the 12s I had been wearing were from), feeling great about my accomplishment, and still ended up in a new pair of size 12s. But I also walked out with a pair of 10s from the same store. Sizing is weird.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You say that your 16s are baggy in the thighs, and that the 14s fit you well--that says to me that you're a 14!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm 3 pounds away from losing 70 pounds and honestly have only gone down 2 real sizes... and I did most of the size switching within the first pounds... I lose weight from God knows where but its not my lower body...

also a lot of people can wear a range of different sizes from the same place
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Yep - I'm in the same boat. I'm down almost 20 pounds and am still wearing the size 16s I started in Granted, they're big and I have to wear them with a belt - and I do have some 14s that fit, but most still don't. It kind of makes me nervous - I only have about 30 pounds to go and if I haven't even lost 1 size at 20 pounds, how many sizes will I lose overall? I know I'll be thrilled to hit my goal weight, but I'm thinking I'll be kind of bummed if I'm still wearing size 12s when I get there.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #8  
... fabulous!

Honestly, I *feel* like I'm the same size at my heaviest as I am today... and I've lost like 75lbs and gone from a 24 to a 12 or 14. I didn't really change out any clothes until I had lost 50lbs. Yeah things got baggy but I wasn't at a "goal" weight and wasn't going to reward myself. My old goal weight was 180 but I obvioulsy still have more to lose.

Just KEEP GOING! You can't get discouraged by any of this!

...also, this clothes fit thing made me realize that the numbers on the scale were more of a victory for me than sizes. I can SEE incremental changes in the scale whereas I may not be able to see anything in clothes fit. Others feel the exact opposite... there is no right answer.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #9  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Its sad but true back when I had lost 35lbs I was the same way it took a long time for me to drop one size. Hang in there a change will come
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/177.2/138

Height: 5'6

yes-i'm the same way. i dont' know where i am losing it. granted i've only lost 10 lbs but it would be nice to feel it rather than just see it. its a little furstrating but also pushes me to try harder to see those results!
heartmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/155/148.4/138

Height: 5'8"

Don't get frustrated and don't give up! We are all different as far as where our body stores fat the most. My personal experience is that I seem to go down a dress size with every 15lbs i lose...going from 223 (size 18) to 148 (Size 8) BUT it really depends on what store you shop at, or even what material the clothes are made of. I am an 8 at most places but now and then I'll try something on at an unfamiliar store and it's a different story! The other day I tried on some pants at Aeropostle and I was an 11! But at the next store (Club Monaco) on the same day I was an 8. Even within the same store I can vary in sizes, especially in pants if the material has a bit of stretch in it or not. My point basically is to not put so much important on sizes, although i know its difficult. Maybe the next 5lbs you lose will be in an area that really effects your clothing size and that will push you into the next lowest size, you just never know. Stay focused on being healthy and reaching your goals and the clothing sizes will drop.
LevelheadedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Oh my goodness!
I am in the exact same boat as you!
I just hit the 25 pound mark and I was an 18 when I started and now I am mostly a 14--- I can wear a 14 at the Gap and Old Navy as long as the cut is right, but I went to Banana Republic today and I couldn't quite get the 14's buttoned.
In general it takes me forever to get down a whole size and I won't really consider myself a real size 14 for another 10 pounds or so. Which makes sense because usually it's about 20 pounds a size (can't even tell you how much that sucks!).
Anyways I had the same type of dilemma myself this week. I say if they fit-- treat yourself to a pair of new pants. That's what I ended up doing-- I told myself I could buy a pair or two because it makes such a difference to wear clothes that actually fit.
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I have only lost 17 and I am in the same clothes I was at 175. I would say my bras fit a little bit better but nothing else! Same size. Waist, shirt every thing. It is very hard to stay motivated. What did I lose? Knee fat? Sucks!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #14  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

you know or it could be bc you've had those size 16 for a while (I assume) and as you washed them they had shrunk in the dryer.

but many different jeans are different sizes. it sucks, but it happens even to the skinny chicks!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #15  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajowens View Post
Knee fat? Sucks!

That made me giggle.

I guess I just don't understand how I could be losing weight...but not be smaller?? Lol. And it's made me really reevaluate all my goals...I originially thought 40 then added 10 for 50. But if it takes 25 pounds to barely lose a size...I'd still be a 12.

Sigh girls. Thanks for the support!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote