3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   New Thread For Getting Out Of The 160's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192126-new-thread-getting-out-160s.html)

fashinjunkie09 01-25-2010 11:35 AM

New Thread For Getting Out Of The 160's!

Hey ladies, Happy Monday! :wave:

I figured since someone needed to start a new thread I would go ahead and do it. Official WI this morning and miracle or miracles I am down .9 lbs to 165.9! I have no idea how, but I'll take it! Hope everyone is doing well!

bonnnie 01-25-2010 12:00 PM

It is SO hard for me to get lower than 160. Its the number my body likes best.
But I'm going to keep trying- I've done it before and I can do it again!

westernsoutherngirl 01-25-2010 12:12 PM

I am really close getting out of the 160s also! What a relief it would be to cross that barrier! Unfortunately TOM arrived and now I seem to be up a little or at best in a holding pattern! Plus for whatever reason TOM makes me really hungry and just want to throw crunchy stuff in my mouth and I don't mean carrots and celery! I am really going to try to focus on how close I am and how good it will feel!

Lori259 01-25-2010 12:23 PM

To get out the 160's would rock.
Todays weight is 165.6 (tom has me a little higher than my ticker)
GOODLUCK EVERYONE ~WE CAN DO IT!

Hope it's ok to post since I am in my 30's not 20's

fashinjunkie09 01-25-2010 05:11 PM

TOM is here for me too, why must he make everything so difficult? Is it not bad enough that I retain 5 lbs of water overnight but must he also makes me want to eat everything in the house? Ugh.

Lori, of course you can join, the more the merrier!! :)

rawheid 01-25-2010 05:20 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm Heidi. I weighed in at 164 today. I'm not really sure what kind of eating plan I want to do, but I'm starting with portion control and excercise. I'm doing wii fit and sometimes I do the 30 Day shred.

shasha12 01-25-2010 05:55 PM

welcome rawheid! :) you'll love it here, everyone is very supportive... lurk around, find a niche, and post away!

Here's to getting out of the 160s by feb 20th! It's my bf and my 5th anniversary, and I want to wear something naughty :o haha

sun 01-25-2010 06:13 PM

Hi everyone! Can I join? I am 164 this week and am dying to get to the 150 :)

Lori259 01-25-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fashinjunkie09 (Post 3116098)
TOM is here for me too, why must he make everything so difficult? Is it not bad enough that I retain 5 lbs of water overnight but must he also makes me want to eat everything in the house? Ugh.

Lori, of course you can join, the more the merrier!! :)

Thanks for letting me join...
As for the TOM ~LOL~So true~I wanna eat everything in the house too ~But I try to control myself.I crave eggs for some reason too LOL~Who knows. I retain water tooo UGHHHH~TOM SUCKS!

Sun~Glad your joining

rawheid 01-25-2010 08:00 PM

thx, I figure getting accountable is probably the best way for me to start right now.

Aschekatze 01-25-2010 08:08 PM

I'll hop on the wagon too. I'm at 161 right now, and what I wouldn't do to be onefiftysomething! It seems almost impossible since my body loves the 160s -- I've been stuck in them for years. But I look my best when I'm at least ten pounds lighter, so here's to smashing through the 160s barrier! Unfortunately, I've been quite hungry lately. I try to stick to 1200 calories a day, but lately I've been eating about 1500. I have added quite a bit of exercise to my regimen, so perhaps I'm entitled to more calories. Still, I'm so determined to leave 161 far behind that I'm afraid I'll sabotage my diet with my higher calorie intake. I'll wait a few days and see how it goes, I guess.

Good luck everyone!

rawheid 01-25-2010 08:20 PM

for those of you who are counting cal's do you use a online calculator? I signed up for spark people, but just havent' used it yet. Guess I should get back there.

fashinjunkie09 01-25-2010 10:31 PM

Welcome, Rawheid, Aschekatze, and Sun!

Rawheid, I have been calorie counting for a while. For the most part I use the calories given on packages of foods, but for things like fresh fruits and veggies I use fitday.com. For things like fast food or resturants I use calorieking.com it's been pretty useful for me, hope this helps you too! :)

Sasha, good luck on getting to the 150's for your annversary that is so exciting! I am going on vacation and hoping to be in the 150's around that time as well. We can do it!

Lori, I know what you mean I crave anything sweet so I try not to let myself have much if any because I'm afraid I wont stop! :)

Well I had a great OP day, hope everyone else did too. Now off to work out before bed!

sun 01-25-2010 10:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Worked out hard today. Still working on pull ups...not happening yet. :( waiting for my P90X. ...can't wait. :)

Lori259 01-25-2010 11:00 PM

LOL~Fashinjunkie~I Know what ya mean~hope your workout went well~goodnight.

I had a good day..Hopefully since TOm Should be ending soon I start seeing some more results.....Eggs sound so good right now but I am done with my calories and I will not cave. I never eat after 7 P.m.~Which is a good thing~cause thats when I crave the most...Keeping on a time schedule & 1400 calories a day of eating has got me 95 pounds from where I use to be so I am gonna stick with that and my walking~I admit though some days it is hard to stay on plan But I do.~Come on 150's!!!! WE ALL DESERVE TO SEE THEM!!!

choirgirlhotel 01-25-2010 11:52 PM

argh! I'll join!! I am waiting until Jan 31 to weigh myself. I PRAY I will be under 160 - PRAY!

I'll check in and let you all know too!

~CGH~

mara11jade 01-26-2010 02:51 AM

yay new thread!

And yeeeah! I just want to get to 160 period! None of this dancing around 164 business for months!!!! booo

Alicat880 01-26-2010 07:49 AM

I've been trying to get out of the 160's for a LONG time.... a couple years atleast!! There were a few times I thought I got out of them.... but my weight would go back up a couple pounds. today I was at 164.4...... I know I need to be exercising more, making smarter food decisions.......

Here's to getting out of the 160's!!!!!!!

rawheid 01-26-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori259 (Post 3116701)
LOL~Fashinjunkie~Keeping on a time schedule & 1400 calories a day of eating has got me 95 pounds from where I use to be so I am gonna stick with that and my walking~I admit though some days it is hard to stay on plan But I do.~Come on 150's!!!! WE ALL DESERVE TO SEE THEM!!!

congrats on that loss. That very inspiring.

fashinjunkie09 01-26-2010 10:59 AM

Good morning, hope everyone is having a good day so far! :)

Lori, good for you for not caving! 95 lbs that is amazing, it sounds like you have amazing will power you will be in the 150's in no time!

Welcome to all who have joined, and good luck to those who are still here we can do this!

Unofficial WI this morning was 164.6, I'm on my way outta here! :)

sun 01-26-2010 11:06 AM

Good morning!

going for yoga this evening and am going for a 2 mile walk right now. Hope everyone is having a great day. I am dying to loose these next 4 lbs to be in the 150s...ho hum

rawheid 01-26-2010 12:12 PM

did level 1 30-day shred today. feeling good. No snacking either so I'm having a good day.

shasha12 01-26-2010 06:33 PM

Hi all! I had a great morning, but got home from work just now and promptly ate 5 oreos. Ahh crap. Puts me at 1175 cals for the day already! Oops... must stay on plan for the rest of the day.

sun and rawheid, well done! inspiring to say the least.
fashionjunkie, yaaaaay the scale is moving in the right direction!

to everyone else :cp: we can do this!

Kirjava 01-30-2010 09:01 AM

Is there room for one more? This morning's weigh-in put me at 168lbs! My newest goal is to be out of the 160s by March 10.

shasha12 01-30-2010 02:16 PM

Hi all! I weighed in today. 163.2. Dad's been here visiting for the past 3 days... put me off plan a little bit, what with all the eating out and drinking booze. Other than one night when I ate 4 slices of pizza(!!!!!!!), I stuck to 1500 cals (including the vodka, ha), so I think I'm holding on to a little water. But I'm not totally disappointed (even though I have been creeping back up since I hit a low of 160.8--2 weeks ago).

Nothing to disrupt my plan this week. I will drink lots of water and eat many vegetables. I WILL SEE THE SCALE DROP!!!

According to my V-day challenge goal in the featherweights forum, I'm supposed to be 157 by Feb 14th... I'd like that to be a steady 157. That's only 2 weeks :o Need to step it up!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend :)

shasha12 01-30-2010 02:16 PM

Welcome kirjava!!! :)

sun 01-30-2010 04:47 PM

Welcome Kirjava!

Ladies I weighed in at 161 this morning! It might just be a water loss so I am waiting till tomorrow until I record it but itss soooo close to getting out of the 160's I am excited :)

effie12 01-30-2010 06:04 PM

Hi everyone! I'm finally into the 160s, after dancing around in the 170s for about 2 months. I was only at 169 (my ticker is from a brief stint at 167 after finals, I should probably change it) when I weighed in on Saturday, but that's better than nothing! I'm hoping that by the time I weigh in on Tuesday, it might be a little more secure.

fashinjunkie09 01-30-2010 11:01 PM

Welcome, Kirjava!

Sun, wow you will be out of here in no time, I hope to be right behind you! Keep it up! :)

Sasha, it looks like you will be out of here soon as well! If you stay OP I'm sure you can make 157 by V Day no problem! My goal is to be out of the 160's by then, we can do it!

Effie, yay for a new decade, I love that feeling!!! Welcome! :)

My official WI isn't until Monday so I'll check back in then. I am hoping for somewhere around 164.0 so we'll see! Keep it up everyone, we're doing great!

Oasis 01-31-2010 02:43 AM

I'm about 165. I'm so ready to see the 150's again.

Kirjava 01-31-2010 09:04 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I found this kind of thread really helpful and encouraging for getting out of the 170s, so I know this will help keep me on track.

sun, you're so close! In no time flat you'll be in the 150s!

effie, I hope your next weigh-in puts you in a more secure place!

sun 01-31-2010 11:50 AM

Thank you ladies!

fashinjunkie09 - I hope tomorrow goes well for you! Keep us posted!

I am so excited today! I weighed in again at 161. Talk about a boost for my confidence and motivation. Two more lbs and I am in the 150's......maybe by the end of this week. It makes me think I can do this all over again.

LiLLy19 01-31-2010 12:07 PM

Hello ladies!! My mini-goal was to reach the 160's by February 1st. Todays weigh-in showed me that I reached it!! :) *Happy Dance*

Kirjava - I followed you on over from the 170's thread =)

Kirjava 02-01-2010 07:57 AM

Great to see you here, LiLLy! When is your new deadline to hit the 150s?

LiLLy19 02-01-2010 10:41 AM

Im shooting for April. But I do want to hit under 165 by March. I think if I shoot for anything lower I'll fail miserably in one month. :) hehe

Im 5'4 too! I think your progress is amazing.

fashinjunkie09 02-01-2010 12:36 PM

Lilly, welcome! It looks like you are making amazing progress, I'm sure you can get to the 150's by April no problem!

sun, thanks! And keep us updated on your progress, too! 161 is so so so close!!!

Official WI this morning is 164.2 so down 6.6 lbs in 3 weeks! :) I am really excited about that. Not sure if I am going to make my Valentine's Day goal of 150's but I will be really close and out of here not long after if I don't.

So, does anyone WI on certain days? And what diet/exercise plan are you following? Hope you don't mind me asking but it looks like everyone is making awesome progress and it makes me curious. ;)

I weigh pretty much every morning, but my "official" days are Mondays. I am calorie counting staying between 1,500 and 1,600 calories a day and doing a moderate 30 min workout 5 days/week. So far so good!

sun 02-01-2010 01:06 PM

fashinjunkie09- That is soooo cool! 164! Yay!

To answer you question about my rountine ....I just started calorie counting(because I have a cool app on my phone) before that i just watched what I ate....I exercise about 20 minutes of bodyweight exercises and walk about 2 miles a day 6 days a week :)

I am waiting for my P90X to come in the mail so I can start that. I try to do something different every month so I dont get bored. I did walking in Sept...bootcamp dvd in oct and nov...body weight exercises in dec and now I added walking again :) Feb----P90X!~

shasha12 02-01-2010 01:53 PM

161 this morning! I'm at about 1500cals/day, plus strength training exercises 3x a week (a TON of squats, push ups, and crunches!). Plan for Feb is to add cardio 5-6x a week.

I have 14 days to lose 4lbs to meet my Vday challenge in another forum! :carrot: Come on ladies!! We can do this...

LiLLy19 02-01-2010 06:17 PM

My official WI is on Mondays/Tuesdays. But I weigh in during the week to kinda see how Im doing. Otherwise I might slip up. I dont count calories though. Just try to eat smaller healthier portions more often to keep my metabolism going.

I need to start going to the gym though. Its been so busy at work the past month that I havent had a chance, but I've been running around plenty on the job ;)

Kirjava 02-01-2010 07:23 PM

Thanks, LiLLy! I've been surprised by how much success I've had, actually. This is the most weight I've lost in one attempt. Usually I'll lose a little, blow it and gain some back, lose a little more, blow it and gain a lot back, etc. I think I've finally committed to this being a lifestyle change, rather than a temporary thing.

Ooh, I love hearing about others' fitness and diet plans! It usually gives me good ideas for things I'd like to try.

I only weigh-in on Saturdays. I've stuck with that religiously since I started in August, and the one time I broke that was last week... huge mistake! Tuesday said I'd lost nothing, and Wednesday said I'd gained 1.1lbs! I was very discouraged and felt awful. I couldn't believe it on Saturday morning when I ended up losing a little over 2lbs and ending up in the 160s. I'll never break weigh-in schedule again.

My strategy is to watch what I eat, and eat small portions. I'm not officially counting calories, but I'm eating roughly 1200 a day, maybe a touch less. I cook huge batches of food on Sundays and break it into individual containers in small portions, and freeze it for the week. I find I'm not tempted to overindulge when I have my portions set out for me. I usually end up eating the exact same thing for lunch and dinner for an entire week, but I'm only cooking stuff I like, and working hard to make sure they're balanced, so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

My day consists of breakfast (usually a big bowl of cereal or oatmeal), lunch (whatever I made on Sunday), a snack when I get home (whole wheat crackers with hummus, or yogurt, or clementines), dinner (whatever I made on Sunday), and one more snack (SmartPop, or a granola bar, or yogurt). I try not to have my last snack any later than 8pm. I'll also have a few cups of peppermint tea most evenings.

I was working out a lot in September and October, but lately I don't exercise a whole lot, except for doing some long circuits on Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010 game three times a week. As a teacher I'm on my feet all day, the gym in this community has only four machines, and it's negative 30 Celsius outside right now. Those are my excuses to be lazy. :lol: