.+*Weekly Chat Jan 18-Jan 24*+. - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #46  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Jess - CONGRATS! I'm really, really considering studying Engineering after I finish my technologist program. It's just... I'm not ready to sacrifice my life yet Major kudos, and now, you'll have your life back!!!

Chele - Wow! It must have been wonderful!!!!!

shantroy - Perspective is right. We are in control of our own lives - we can't let our problems control us. And, when the battle starts getting to us, we have to call in (or log in, for 3FC) for some help. Good for you - you make a real difference and I really admire that.

Feral - Hopefully the new job will mean less broke-ness, and some interesting new opportunities. It'll be nicer to chill with buddies with some pocketmoney.

As for me, I start school tomorrow. Today I am relaxing and getting some last things in order. I've resolved to avoid the cafeteria entirely - which means I'm going to get an electric kettle and a French Press Coffee Maker for my locker I have some meals to prepare ahead too.

I've been weighing in daily this week, and of course I was consistently 143, 142. On Sunday, my weigh in day,I was pretty much 145 again. D'oh! This morning I am 142 again, so I guess I'll just keep it up!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #47  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Souvenir - It's actually the exact same job, same pay, same pay schedule as I'm currently in just at a different school. January is the hardest month for school employees because we get paid on the last workinng day of the month. So I got paid at the end of November, then the 18th of December....

and none of us are good at budgeting. Especially when it's Christmas time and you use the "extra" money on Christmas... so essential we go 6 weeks until our next pay check.

Chele - Sounds like you had a BLAST!!!! And I'm still super jealous of your camera. You should be so proud of yourself for making it to the hotel gym!!!

Forest - How was vacation!?!?!?!? Fondue sounds wonderful..... yum!

Shan - that is so amazing! Do you get a total high off of that? Isn't it amazing how we realize how little insignificant our problems are and how much we can achieve when faced with someone elses problems? I've always liked the analogy that if everyone put their problems in a pile, you'd grab your problems back first because you realize you don't want other peoples!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Feral, the rescue was exhausting and draining! I had to take a break and cry for a bit as I was so mentally used up and just plain beat after that. But with the older gentleman, which was my last call of the night, I walked out with a smile on my face. I was a nice contrast to the start of my night that's for sure.

There are definitely nights, where I just want to hug my parents and boyfriend and just yell "You're awesome and amazing and I love you!" Hearing some of the crap and the sh!t that people go through is humbling and scary. However, there are also the people where you just want to reach through the phone and shake them! Some people are most definitely the source of their own problems! But overall, I love it.

Forrest, I love fondue! Every year for our bdays, the bf and I go out to Banff for their Film Festival and have dinner that this wicked fondue place called the Grizzly house. It's amazing! It used to be a swinger's club back in the 60's so every table has a phone and so does the bathroom! So you can call other table's and make arrangements for later in the evening........:P But the food is awesome and we always end up eating way toooooo much!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats souvenir on your sticking to the weight.

Despite this weekend's..fantastical failures (read ice cream, booze and cookies), I weighed myself and I'm .8 under my mini goal weight. Meaning, I am at the low end of the 140s. I am so excited to be out of it!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #50  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Loquacious - Congrats!!!

Ugh, ladies, I have consumed SO many cookies today :C My poppop made SOOO many and left a tin with us. I've been trying not to touch them, I even gave away a dozen to friends today! They're sooooo good though :C :C :C NO MORE COOKIES!!!

Thankfully I'm cooking dinner tonight so I can make something healthy!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

platform: past couple days during the wreckage, i ate like... oh man, let's say chocolate, giant diner meals and booze don't mix. BUT, today I was my lowest weight ever. Realize that sometimes when you screw up, there's a reason. Tomorrow's a new day and hopefully you have a loss regardless.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Forrest -- My bf works at a Fondue restaurant. I work about a 10 minute walk away, and he always asks me to come in to see him when I get out of work since it's usually earlier... but I very rarely do because it takes ALL of my willpower to resist the yummy fondue and the DELICIOUS drinks they have!!

Platform -- step awaaaaaayyyyyyyy from the cookies!!

Going back to school is interesting... I just think I'm ready to be done!! It was actually a nice change to work out in the middle of the day, but then I just felt like I staaaaaaaaaaaaaank to high heaven since I only had time for a quick rinse-off, not a full-on shower.

Went to spinning today...it felt so good! Apparently it's SUPER popular at my school, because you have to sign up in advance and by the time I called I was an alternate. My friend told me to go anyway, wait near a bike, and then like 2 mins before class started to just take it. I did that, and she started RIGHT after I got on the bike....so that bike was miiiiiiiiiiine haha.

I can feel TOM coming on...I'm on the pill so I know when it's coming, but I also get REALLY bad cramps. I have a SUPER full day tomorrow (4 classes and then a long shift at work), so I really hope it's not too bad. Sometimes I feel like I've been repeatedly punched in the belly....so I'm crossing my fingers.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies... just wantd to pop in and say Hi

Jess- Major congrats... I'm so excited for you... I had a breakdown and cried to my parents about my lack of a real job I think law school is going to be my only hope...

Mary- its ok... just go knit off those calories seriously a few cookies shouldnt worry you...because you're amazing

Forest- Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time

I'm jealous of the ladder things on the biggest loser...they seem interesting

also I did an hour and a half on the elliptical today... my toes are killing me
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #54  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, guys, vacation was awesome as was the fondue. Shantroy- that restaurant sounds really cool. Our place was definitely more traditional, lol. They serve the fondue with all these delicious condiments/sides too, and the best is the cheese fondue with french fries--like the ultimate cheese fry. I had this whole list of foods I had to get while I was over there, which probably explains the extra few lbs I came back with: kaese spaetzle, kaiserschmarr'n, currywurst, sachertorte, germknoedel...they're kind of hard to describe in English, but my favorite is the germknoedel. The name sounds gross but it's a giant fluffy dumpling with vanilla sauce or butter and crushed poppy seeds, filled with fruit, and it looks like this:
This is where we were:
Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 105kg/105/kg/70kg

Height: 165cm

Hi every1, just wanted to say hey! i am new to 3fc, and i like what i see so far. seems like everyone here is very supportive which i think i am going to need to be successfull in losing the weight i need to to be healthy.
thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #56  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

welcome daisy may!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #57  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

omg girls today was so busy!!! All morning: paperwork with HR, all afternoon and evening: looking for some new digs, roommate interviews etc. Its a little stressful!! CRAZY weather on the west coast today. High high wings, sideways rain, tiles fell off my roof!!! Carefully stuck to the diet, but didnt have time to work out. Down 1/2 pound to 175.0 this morning! Sorry no personals from me, but i'm exhausted and have to search craigslist some more!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #58  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Good Morning My Lovelies!!!!

I am DRAGGGGIIINNNNG butt this morning!!! Whew!

Lemme start off with personals and then I'll fill you guys in....

Loquacious - Congrats! I can't wait until I see 140s... actually, I can because I won't believe it when I do see it!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Mary
- step awayyyy! LOL Sometimes you just gotta splurge! Especially on treats that don't come around too often. Remember how my mom made that awesome "dump cake" dessert last week? I hadn't had it in years (it's essentially cherry pie filling, tart cherries with this mix of ... I don't even know what is on top of it but it's buttery goodness with pecans). You know what the irony was? It wasn't even all that good. LOL So dont feel bad. How'd dinner go last night?

Arts- Way to claim that bike girl! Good luck with TOM. Sucks when you don't feel good and you have a lonnnnng day! Hang in there!

Haley
- HAIIII!!!!! It's okay to have a break down every now and then. I have the opposite kinds of break downs... where I wanna be a hippy and go live on some organic farm for a while.... and I get mad because we have these social constructs made of what we "have" to do and it upsets me. Again, hang in there. It will pass (even if it's only temporary). And you are an elliptical robot.... I don't see how you guys do it for that long!!!!! Maybe one day?

Forest - I can't see your pictures, but I'm probably glad I can't right now!!!! (Stupid work filters). Sounds like your vacation was just that... are REAL Vacation!!!!! Glad you had fun!!!

Daisy - WELCOME!!!!

Icon - you still hanging in there with your thesis? How are your cat's feet??? HAHA!

Jess - I saw on the news you guys had some CRAZY weather yesterday. I heard there were tornado warnings in LA? And yay for your down half a lb! WOOOHOOO!

Okay so.... test this week in nutrition. So I'm going to the testing center (it's an online class) on Saturday morning bright and early! Yay. Should be interesting to see what she tests us on since this is the first one. Have a test NEXT Tuesday in Bio. I'll be honest, she was talking about cells last night and I have no freakin clue what she was saying. It was like the Charlie Brown teacher "wahhh wah wah wah wah." So we'll see how THAT goes. EEK!

TOM really is coming this week. Which should be interesting because this is the first one in 3 months.

I haven't gotten my veggies in as well this week like I should be and I can TOTALLY tell a difference in my body. *pouts* And I was up 1.5 this morning, but I knew that because I had wayyyyy too much sodium over the past few days and when I pulled the scale out I just knew. I'm still blaming it on sodium regardless.... because that makes me feel better.

Have I mentioned my friend Mikey makes me absolutely MELT?!?!?!!? We usually email each other in the morning and sometimes throughout the day. He has limited texting and a BB so it's just easier to email... it's usually "good morning, have a good day" kind of stuff. And last night he emailed me and said "Thought of you all day <3" *swoooooon* It's the little things right?

Well girls, HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Last edited by Feral; 01-20-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #59  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Loquacious - You're right. I was going to hide from my scale today, but seeing that I'm up is motivation to eat OP today. And out of curiosity I checked my measurements and I think I'm just about ready for those size 8 jeans!!!

Forest - WOW!!! The view is gorgeous!!! And that dumpling looks SO yummy! I'm glad you had a great time on vacation!

Daisy - Welcome!!

Feral - It went well, I made chicken and roast veggies

ModCloth.com is having a 70% off sale today. I got sooo many cute things!
I got this, this (to wear with a high waist skirt), this, this, this, and this. I'm so excited for my things to come!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 230/224/140

Height: 5'7''

I'm new and just wanted to say hi!

platformnine - Good luck with those size 8s! Wearing that size is always a great feeling!

Feral - Good luck with the test and Mikey sounds really sweet!
Closed Thread