3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Under eye cream (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/191165-under-eye-cream.html)

garstar 01-16-2010 09:00 PM

Under eye cream

I know there's a whole forum for this stuff. But I wanted to ask you ladies.

I have HORRIBLE under eye circles, they're always dark. People are always asking me if I'm tired - it's annoying and slightly embarassing.

Looking for some reasonably priced under eye cream suggestions? I've been looking at consumer report websites, but everything they review is so so expensive.

Any winners out there?

Thanks!

Stace 01-16-2010 11:13 PM

Avon's Mark brand has a lighten and de-puff that works really well for me when I wake up with puffy eyes during the winter. It was very reasonably priced.

SwimGirl 01-17-2010 12:20 AM

garstar - I sell skin care for a living and am pretty much required to be an expert. So honestly, it's expensive to get rid of genetic dark circles, which sounds like what yours are. If your dark circles don't go away after you get a good rest, then they are genetic. However if you notice they are just worse when you are tired, or eating certain foods, or certain seasons, then you are in luck!

So in my experience of dark circles there are only two creams that I know work for SURE. A cream called Hylexin, and Elizabeth Arden makes one called Prevage Eye. My clients have tried the following brands with no results: Biotherm, Clarins, Lancome, Shiseido, Lise Watier, Vichy, La Roche Posay, Roc, Neostrata, Avene, Reversa, Dermaglow and Bioderma. I've also had pretty extensive training in all of these brands.

If you really don't want to invest in the two I mentioned ( both are $120 Canadian), you could try a couple of things. Biotherm makes a good eye cream called Hydra Detox, it's quite good for regular dark circles. And then combine it with an under eye concealer, look for something with a little yellow. The yellow counteracts the blue (which is the colour under your eyes), and should help to hide it.

Phew, how's that for long winded? Hope it's slightly helpful!

-Aimee

ETA: look online for pressure points, that can help a LOT too!

garstar 01-17-2010 12:28 AM

Thanks ladies!

swimgirl Yes it is genetic. I hate it. Your advise has been hugely helpful, thanks so much! What's the full name of the Hydra Detox product? I tried to look it up but there's a whole line of things!

Mikan 01-17-2010 12:30 AM

Hey I know people always say to do this and it sounds kind of crazy, but cucumber sliced placed on your eyes help me always. You could try this with a combo of cream, too, and see how it goes.

smisen 01-17-2010 08:36 AM

SwimGirl - Do you have any recommendations for a good concealer for dark under eye circles and how to apply it? I have some seriously dark circles too and I don't think I'll ever get rid of them, but I would like to learn how to cover them up better!

SwimGirl 01-17-2010 11:14 AM

garstar - I looked it up, so I guess in the USA it's called Hydra D-tox. I went to the Biotherm website, and clicked on face care, and then eye creams.

smisen - yellow is your friend! Lancome does a pretty good one, "neutralizer" I believe is it's name. I think Covergirl does one with that name too. For the best application, use your fingers, it warms the product and helps to spread it. Pat it into place for the best coverage, almost like a pat/smear, if that makes sense? Physicians Formula does a combo which also works nicely, yellow on one end and light concealer on the other. The concealer will bring the colour back to match your own. I once had a client who seriously looked like she'd been punched and had black eyes, she used Hylexin for 5 months and when she came back to replace she looked SO much different. They weren't gone completely, but enough that she could conceal them. Have some hope, and of course prices may drop!

-Aimee

TurboMammoth 05-17-2011 04:38 PM

Oh wow, I totally understand your problem!! Concealer helps, but it still shows.

My concealer is the Undercover by Lise Watier. Expensive but the best of the many I've tested so far :)

sunflow321 05-18-2011 10:24 AM

I have the same problem! MAC makes an instant depuff gel that is great for when I'm having bad mornings - it doesn't take the dark away, but the puff is shrunk for sure. Also, Sephora has a great similar product with rollerballs in the applicator which feel really good going on. As for concealer, I use the MAC concealer that is a satin finish which comes in a tube with an applicator and powder over it with my Mineralize powder. It doesn't completely cover, but it certainly helps. Good luck! (And also, if people tell you it looks awful, punch them in the eye and then they will look the same! Haha, just kidding)

bloopkuh 05-22-2011 08:02 PM

My dark circles have dark circles and some people ask if I have a black eye.. ugh! Garnier has a concealer that works awesome! It is a roller ball and blends really well with no lines or powdery residue. I also use an Aveno stick at night to help with the puffyness.

paris81 05-23-2011 10:21 AM

I have the same problem, in that it's genetic. And I've searched and searched, and most of what I've found says that you can't get rid of it with creams, you can only cover it up.

I went to Sephora to get something--just go in and ask, there are so many options there, and the staff is really knowledgeable. I got something that works pretty well. It's never going to go away completely.

But maybe it's not a bad thing--some people think it's an exotic look!