Old 01-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #76  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I've always meant to try Diva Cups et al, but washing them in a public washroom would be very strange to others. People can be really closed minded.

Dude - I have had to go to the bathroom 3 times this evening. Normally, I go no.2 once or twice a day.

These past few weeks I'd been eating significantly more lean meats and been much more on plan, under my calorie limit. The last couple of days it's been less meat, more salad, and delicious raisin toast with cottage cheese. I guess the fibre's gotten to me.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #77  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I've always meant to try Diva Cups et al, but washing them in a public washroom would be very strange to others. People can be really closed minded.
Depending on your flow, most people won't need to remove in public. If not I've always carried baby wipes around to wash without going to the sink
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #78  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I just tried the disposable ones today for the first time (Instead is the brand) -- they work wonderfully! Fit a little weird and I am terrible at following this kind of instruction but they are definitely better than tampons. Thanks for the tip girls! This thread has changed my life
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:05 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 164/159/115

Height: 5'4"

I just looked at the Diva Cup website, and after reading what you all have said, I feel like I might just invest in one!

I've always gone through tampons so quickly because of my yucky heavy flow, this might just be the perfect solution.
sarahlynn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

I don't usually even have to take out the diva cup in a public restroom. Even with my super heavy flow I just empty it before I leave the house and when I come home. If I were out that long, baby wipes are a great idea!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

When I have to empty it in a public bathroom (which almost always happens at work the first two days of my period), I just bring in some wet paper towel and wipe it out (or toilet paper if there's no paper towel). Is it the most sterile way? No, but I make sure to wash it extra well when I get home later, and I've never gotten an infection or anything.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #82  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

So...I was away for a few days, and usually when I'm not home I can't go to the bathroom - I don't know if its that I'm not eating the foods I usually eat, or my comfort level, or whatever, but I was SO bloated this morning, it was uncomfortable. So I figured okay, how can I fix this? I've had coffee, it didn't work, I drank water, not working...so I went to McDonald's and got an egg mcmuffin. I think they should market those damn things as a laxative. My boss is like um, are you okay, you've been running to the bathroom a lot today...oh, I'm fine.

At least my pants aren't tight right now :/
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #83  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Ha, stellarosa, you got greased up ;
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #84  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I did. Literally.

Also, this Diva Cup seems veeeery interesting.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #85  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Am I the only person that *HATES* waiting on your period to start? Like, I'm on BC and I'm taking the placebo pills right now. I know I should be starting LITERALLY ANY minute... and I have that crampy kind of feeling and I hate expecting something EVERY time you go to the bathroom. Like COME ON ALREADY... UGH!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Am I the only person that *HATES* waiting on your period to start? Like, I'm on BC and I'm taking the placebo pills right now. I know I should be starting LITERALLY ANY minute... and I have that crampy kind of feeling and I hate expecting something EVERY time you go to the bathroom. Like COME ON ALREADY... UGH!
You aren't the only one!!! I don't take BC but I'm ridiculously regular (as in I usually know to the 1/2 day) and i hate that crampy, bloated, "full" feeling. I just want to START already!!!! But luckily I just finished TOM! WOOT!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #87  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

You will all be happy to know (since this is the TMI thread) that I have STARTED.... you can call sleep better now.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Hey to the girls who were talking about going to the public washroom and having to clean out the Divacup..I noticed on the Lunapads website you can buy little water bottles (which I am SURE you can get at walmart or a dollarstore) that you can fill and keep in your purse. You can just rinse it with water in the bathroom stall.

http://www.lunapads.com/product.aspx...RefID=diva_cup
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

For the DivaCup and other menstrual cup users users, I'm going to second what mayness said. For the very few times that you're going to HAVE to empty it in a public restroom (I do it quite often cuz I'm always on the go, but I can see people's concerns about cleanliness and sterility), it won't hurt to just dump it out, wipe it down with TP (I usually just use dry TP from the stall) and stick it back in. However, I would highly recommend washing your hands before (and after, of course) you do this. But no need to buy the stuff they sell on the websites. Just use soap and water when you get home.

Before you commit to a particular brand, though, I would also recommend checking out this site and sizing charts:
http://community.livejournal.com/men...s/1285963.html

I got the DivaCup before knowing about the differences between the brands and now realize it's not the perfect fit for my vajayjay. Once in a while I'll have a tiny leak (nothing compared to what I had with tampons but not enough to have me buy another cup) and it's usually on the first day and the first night, so I've figured myself out enough to wear my period underwear that first day and night. But, if I had the right fit then I wouldn't have any leaks. So yeah, check out the sizing and go from there.

Regardless, these things are AMAZING and this is coming from someone who didn't use tampons for the first 3 years of my period cuz I didn't like sticking things up me, and squirmed with disgust the first time someone recommended a menstrual cup in college. And now I LOVE my DivaCup, even with its imperfections. Wearing it, it's like I don't even have my period. Awesome!

And I love how this TMI thread turned into the period/"DivaCups are amazing" thread.

Last edited by augeremt; 01-25-2010 at 01:48 AM.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I've been curious about something. Last year my dad broke is left arm. He was complaining because it was his wiping hand. I thought this was odd because he's right handed. I'm right handed, and wipe with my right hand. So I'm wondering do you use your dominant hand to wipe or do you use the other hand?
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote