Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #1  
2010 is my year!

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'6

Default Hello Ladies! I'm new here!

Hey Everybody,

I'm new to this site. My name is Vontrese, calisa86 is my sister!

2009 I had a bad year. Lately people have been telling me how bad I look, i've really let myself go, not just in my weight but in my overall appearance. My sister and mother have encouraged me to make 2010 MY YEAR! Some of my goals are lose weight, care about my look more, and be healthier in general. everyone in my family has weight related health issues and i dont wanna be like them. i also wanna work on my temper, I anger easily, and want to be more relaxed!

this year is BIG for me. i am deaf and go to a special highschool and will be graduating in June! that means, graduation, prom, new job, college, new love, and a new life on my own. IM SO EXCITED!!

So, i just wanted to stop in and say hey and introduce myself. My sister keeps telling me all the great things about this website and I wanted to see for myself. Hopefully you girls can help me like you helped my sister.

2010 IS MY YEAR!!! Woooooo!!!
vontrese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Who tells you you look bad??? They must be crazy, because if that's you in your av (and I assume it is), then you are gorgeous!

Congrats on finishing high school! What an exciting time! Also, congratulations for making the decision to take on a healthier lifestyle in 2010.

BTW, where is Calisa? I haven't seen her around lately. If she hasn't posted then tell her we miss her (and if she has then I'm a dummy...)
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #3  
2010 is my year!

you are so sweet. well maybe they don't tell me i look "bad" they're not that harsh, but I have been having some problems with my skin and they have been worried. haha, i will tell my sister to get back in the forum!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Hey wecome!!! Where are you from? Anywhere close to Gallaudet area?
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #5  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

hey hey!!! i wish you all the best of luck and hopefully with everyone put together by this time next year we will all be thinner, healthier, happier women!!
dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #6  
2010 is my year!

Disgruntled, Im From La But I Love Gallaudet! Haha, Dixon I Hope You're Right About That. Happy And Healthy!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, tell Calisa to get back in here!!!

And I agree with junebug....you are a really really beautiful girl!!! And congrats on getting close to finishing high school -- that's a big accomplishment!

And maybe as you start your new healthy lifestyle you can use exercise as an outlet for your temper! Take a kickboxing class, get a TaeBo video....do something to get your aggression out!! Also, consider a mind/body combination practice like Yoga -- it can completely change your outlook!! You can get yoga videos (or watch them On Demand on TV) that you can watch, since a traditional class might not work very well with a hearing disability (frequently your eyes are closed in class), and some of the videos are really good!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Oh ok. My co-workers son works at some deaf school close to there. I thought if you were in that area you might know him but......I guess not. Anyways glad you found good support here with the chicks. Good luck!
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #9  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Yay, I'm glad you joined! I love your motivation and I'm sure you're going to do really well. 2010 WILL be your year! Good luck and welcome.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote