Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/169/120

Height: 5'1

I think I'm in! This is going to be such a challenge for me, but I haven't worn a bikini in years and I'm jealous of all my skinny friends that can!! I'm not going to be the big girl on the beach this year!! We can do this!!
lulu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #47  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I want to have by June 1st be my goal weight of 145. That means I have 6 months to lose 56 lbs which is 9.3 pounds a month. I know I can do that!!!!

this is actually a really good goal for me. I have this thing with swimming in the ocean. It's my favorite thing to do, I search for sea shells and jump between the tides, it's really fun, so I'm excited to for the first time ever do this in a bikini. It's been so long since I have went swimming to the ocean and I am so honestly tired of being against going to the beach because of the way I look in a bikini. No more.

Last edited by BatgirlAmy; 01-12-2010 at 12:52 PM.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Okay, so I had a really brutal week. I have been feeling really discouraged lately, and havent had much motivation. BUT, I just had another browse of this thread, and I already feel more motivated.

BatGirlAmy; I cant wait to swim in the ocean! And if I can look good doing it; all the better!

Friday begins my "week", so now is a great re-starting point. Im putting last week behind me, and going full force again! Thanks, ladies, for the encouragement and motivation!

Last edited by lovesjm; 01-15-2010 at 10:13 AM.
lovesjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #49  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I have never swam in the ocean before!

I really enjoy Lake Ontario - with powdery sand and sand banks, so that you can go deep in and only have water to your knees, whereas people behind you will have it to their waist...

Wow... ocean beach... *fantasizes*
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #50  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

Well here in this part of Florida we have the gulf. It's not ocean persay but it tastes, feels, and waves like an ocean. I also just for once want to be excited about going to the beach with friends. I always make up excuses not to go. It's for that reason that I don't even own a swimsuit. I have a red one piece I use for swimming laps but it's by no means sexy lol.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey ladies! I know I'm a little late to the party, but I am also hoping to be in a bikini for the FIRST TIME EVER by the end of this summer (if Boston winter ever ends, that is...). Even just wearing a regular bathing suit without shorts to cover up my wobbly thighs would be a big step. I've only ever done that when I was in a foreign country alone so no one I knew could see the evidence!

My #1 goal is to be at around 160 or less before my friend's wedding in late May -- there may be bathing suits then since we'll all be in a hotel, but there will definitely at least be a cute dress (and photos that will be around forever). I got there once before, a few years back, and I know for sure that I can do it again! (I lost about 30-35 lbs right before law school, then put it all back on plus an extra 10 while I was in school...)

Keep up the great work, chicas!
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 196/156.4/115

Height: 4'11

I would really love to be to my goal weight by June 21st which is my 2 year wedding anniversary. Last year I was knocked up on our 1 year anniversary and we didn't do anything to celebrate because I was so miserable. This year I'm hoping we can go on a trip somewhere and I want to be able to wear all sorts of flirty cute clothing like I used to before we got married.
PurplePeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

purple peep that's some great motivation! i want to wear cute, flirty summer things!

i love the commiserating ladies!! we're all in the same boat so what's everyone doing about it??? bring on the support!

I've been pretty good all week, staying within my 1200-1500 cal range, but much closer to 1500 than 1200, and the scale didn't budge for 3 days!!! yesterday i counted every little thing and ended up around 1205 or so, and today I am down a pound! it really really is all about counting cals for me! next week i'm going to add daily workouts m-f with weekends off.

come on bikini bod!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

I'm in too! Hubby and I have a cruise to Mexico in May and I'd love to be in my first bikini ever by then!

Plus, we live in San Diego so bikini season starts early here. Last summer I spent our days by the pool in my scrunchy tankini with a long-sleeved coverup. Not gonna happen this year!

Besides my diet, I'm planning on incorporating working out at home to firm up! I went on a buying frenzy this week getting ready (bought Chalean Extreme, a Fluidity barre, got JM's 30 Day Shred DVD)... now I need to get off the sofa and actually do some of it!
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 196/156.4/115

Height: 4'11

Shasha-Religiously counting calories really does make a huge difference. Hooray for your one pound!

Chickapea-Mexico? I'm sooo jealous! I've heard so many good things about JM 30DS! I'll have to pick it up soon.

To get to my goal beach body I'm working on my water intake-I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. I'm starting up my mile walks tomorrow. I might pop the baby in his stroller and take him with me. Annndddd.... I'm working on my food choices, like cutting out the white stuff-sugar & rice & white bread, etc.
PurplePeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #56  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

This is such a great thread! It's so hard to think about summer during a Wisconsin winter but I am looking forward to it!

I feel like every winter I think to myself if I start working out right now I can actually look good by summer... but every year summer comes along and I am still the same weight

BUT this year I am determined to make it happen! My goal is to be down to 130 by May 15. So I have exactly 4 months to lose 30 lbs which is only 7.5 lbs each month! To make it happen, I am going to up my workouts from 3 times a week to atleast 5 and be very diligent about my calories! oh yea, and I'm going to start toning!

I know we can all do this!
foresmewithlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #57  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Esme, I'm in the same boat. I *always* feel positive ahead of time, and never actually DO it. I would like to be 130 too - so I wish you good luck! Your goal is a lot tougher than mine! AND, also, I LOVE your screen name.LOVE.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #58  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i plan to do a running program 3x a week and strength train with my personal trainer 3x a week also, yoga once a week.

if i can find a spinning class i will add that.

and i will try to make good food choices daily. no carbs after work and mostly foods that can be grown or shot lol
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #59  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Eeek.

I'm going to Florida in late February with the family, and I fully intend to rock the beach, whether the Floridians think it's cold or not. It's averaging -10 to -20 here (celcius), so anything above 15 degrees is swimsuit weather in my mind right now!

So, I'm gonna put my heart and soul into some weight loss here, and am going to buy what I hope will be a cute and flattering new swimsuit (bikini!?) next month.

Like the loser that I am, tonight I stripped down to lingerie, threw my webcam on record, and just wandered around my room for a few minutes. My version of a 360 degree mirror, so I can see what I really look like from all angles.

...it's not good. But it could be worse. So, a bit of concerted effort, and I might be able to make it to, "It's okay."

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-15-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #60  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jelbb - I should do that, thats a great idea! Usually I just strip down and look in my "fantasy" and "reality" mirrors lol (one's a full length but it makes everyone look good and the other is on my bureau and shows how everyone really looks lol)

I think I have my workout schedule figured out!

Monday: Strength training
Tuesday: Cardio HIIT
Wednesday: Strength training
Thursday: Cardio HIIT
Friday: Strength training
Saturday: Cardio (alternating rest day)
Sunday: Cardio (alternating rest day)

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take spin classes, and during my off days during the week I’d like to incorporate some weight and resistance training into my workout week, as well as do pilates and yoga for stability and flexibility. I’ve got P90x that I would like to incorporate as well. On the weekends I’m still going to continue alternating my rest day, but still having some form of movement on the rest day (like a walk). During the winter months I’ve been going snowboarding on the weekends, such as the trip I have planned next weekend! I also want to go hiking when it gets a little warmer out, plus it's a trip I can do with friends.

I’m really hoping with this schedule I’ll be able to wake up my stubborn waistline and whittle away at it until I am at least very close to having a flat stomach for the summer! I would also like my thighs to become more toned, but I believe with my spinning classes that they are already well on their way to shaping up!

My next goal is 155lb, which will be 70lbs lost and then I will only have 30lbs to go to goal!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote