Old 04-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I have always been said to look like my mothers family...however as I lose weight my mom and grandmother are convinced I now look more like my fathers family... I'm scared to look like a "different" person...how can I grow up never looking anything like my dad and now I suddenly do? It is very strange to me

I dont want to be a different person... I always thought I was really cute even as a fat girl...
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #32  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
I definitely worry, because I know I won't ever not be an apple shape!

I absolutely know how you feel! I'm an apple and I hate it. I am convinced that I will have to weight like 95 lbs in order for my stomach to look the way I want it. But no matter what I will always look disproportionate with my skinny legs and big belly.

I also have a "large frame" but everyone in my family jokes that we just have thick bones. And we do. I have the build of a line backer, and at first I was worried about that, but as I lose weight it doesn't look that bad. There isn't really anything I can do about my frame!

I am worried about my boobs though. I always had large ones that got huge when I gained weight and are now back to normal but without any volume. But I figure if it really bothers me once I am at goal, I can always get them done!
foresmewithlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Yeah, the boobs are a big mystery. I went from 38DD at my highest, to about a 34C currently. I'm worried about the next 20 lbs because what if my boobs deflate even more and then I'm just this big belly with no boobs! They could call me Belly Boob.

But I'm trying to focus on the positive - my legs look awesome in a shortish skirt and heels. I just need to learn how to dress this apple to it's best advantage, without looking like a candy apple, just plopped on top of a stick. I wish someone would nominate me for What Not to Wear, just not until I get to goal!!
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
I wish someone would nominate me for What Not to Wear, just not until I get to goal!!
HA! I was just talking about this with someone the other day... how great would it be to get to goal weight and have Stacey and Clinton fix you up to look even better in your new bod!
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Mdchick do you happen to go to salisbury? haha I'm so random... but it says eastern shore and your goals are about semesters
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #36  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I am especially worried about having extra skin on my arms and on my stomach
i am sooo scared of this, you have no idea. i would seriously consider plastic surgery if this was the case
IcassiopeiaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post
Mdchick do you happen to go to salisbury? haha I'm so random... but it says eastern shore and your goals are about semesters
Yep I do... and wow I just noticed you're in southern MD, I grew up in calvert county! Small world...
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Too be honest I am more worried on how I would re-define my sense of clothing style. In my country the shops that sell clothes for overweight people sell clothes that are either totaly ugly or if they are good they are insanely expensive. So I wore shirts and black trousers for so long.

Now people are telling me to buy more youthful clothes and jeans and I just feel so overwhelmed.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcassiopeiaI View Post
i am sooo scared of this, you have no idea. i would seriously consider plastic surgery if this was the case
Agreed! I am going to reward myself with small to moderate priced rewards for every week I have a loss my final reward is to get a tummy tuck! I've had 4 kids (and there will be no more) and I deserve it! I will use my next years income tax check to fund a portion of it and the rest I will finance if need be. If I lose 70lbs I think I deserve it! I do intend on joining a gym as one of my rewards (now I'm concentrating on making dieting a habit...one step at a time) this should lessen some of the need for a tummy tuck but I will still need one. I'm fair skinned with like zero elasticity. My mother (also had 4 kids) is 125lbs (same height) and has a pouch that makes her look terrible from the front. I don't want that. I'll pay the ten grand somehow!
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote