Height: 5'0''

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Umm three years ago? haha

Starting Weight: 148

Present Weight: 143.8

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Yo-yoing and constantly eating out

Following any specific plan: No, just your basic diet and exercise plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose weight, but I also just want to be healthy. My health is my first priority now, not just looks.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to chat with other people on weight loss journeys, no matter how big or small the goal!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 165/160/100

Height: 5'4"

I'm 18. Can I still be counted in the 20 somethings section even though I'm 2 years behind?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

Smile

First name: Lina

Geographical location: Boston, USA

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, walking, hanging out with friends, photography, cooking, scrapbooking

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ummmm... too many starting dates! but the most recent one 6/25/10

Starting Weight: 184.4

Present Weight: 184.4

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat bread, pastries, cookies, cakes, sweets...

Following any specific plan: low gi diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't just want to focus on losing pounds this time, I want to learn to listen to my body. Obviously, the quick fix fad diets never work... but there are lots of skinny people in the world that are not on permanent diets. They must have figured out how to listen to their bodies intuitively, to figure out when to stop eating, etc. I'd like to get to the same point.

Anything else you would like to share with us: a support system is so important when trying to lose weight... thanks for being there!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #229  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

First name: Brighid

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Age: 19 (not quite 20 yet, hope you won't hold it against me)

Marital Status: single

Pets: 1 fish named Marcus Porcius Cato. A betta, and the the angriest I've ever seen. Bites, although he doesn't have teeth. If ever there was a fish who wanted Carthage to be destroyed, this would be it.

Hobbies/Interests: classics (can you tell), writing, drawing, scifi (BSG is a favorite), D&D, all sorts of nerdy junk like that.

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: green/green and blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Some time in 2007.

Starting Weight: 206 pounds

Present Weight: 173 pounds

Goal Weight: My ticker lies- my real goal is 145 pounds.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: When I get depressed I eat a ton to compensate often. And, of course, exercising and dieting make me prone to mood swings, which can cause me to feel depressed.... etc.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, trying to get a little bit each of protein, carbs, and fats.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This is really just a continuation, but what's different this time among other things is 1) my metabolism seems to have sped up a ton since my last attempt, so more calories feel like fewer, but I also lose faster
2) I'm re-losing weight, which means I'm less easily satisfied by seeing numbers go down (I got all the way down to 162 way back in the day), and also that sometimes I try to do things I can't do, because I think I'm in better shape than I am because once I was in such good shape.
3)I no longer am part of a competitive team, so I can't rely on team conditioning to get me my exercise. I've got to self-motivate.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Really excited about interacting with a small group of people on this forum and getting to know y'all!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies!

First name: Eve

Geographical location: NYC

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 kitties

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, traveling, music!

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 29, 2010

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love. It's so easy to lock ourselves in the house and pig out all weekend because all we need is each other but we need to start venturing out and incorporating some physical activities in our life.

Following any specific plan: Started Phentermine on 6/29/10

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a partner and a support system in my boyfriend. We each gained about 20 lbs since we've been together now we're determined to lose it, together.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing right now I'm just so excited to be here and I know this is going to be a long journey but with you guys it will be so much better.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #231  

Height: 5'9"

First name: Tamara

Geographical location: Woodstock, ON, Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship... for now

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Television, music, friends... All that good stuff.

Height: 5'9''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5 months ago

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 192

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Adapting to new living conditions and having my priorities thrown off all the time.

Following any specific plan: Atkins, and when I'm off Atkins I'm usually out and about a lot anyway, so I get my exercise in.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's actually my first weight loss effort. I've contemplated losing weight for years, but never went for it until recently. I'm going to succeed on my first try. I have an all or nothing kind of personality.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm into anime and other... questionable... things like that. ;P

Last edited by Rhythm; 07-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #232  
Next stop Onederland!

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

First name: Noelle

Geographical location: Dayton, Ohio

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Dog, Seamus & Cat, Buddha

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, walking, swimming, cooking, camping

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/Brown/black/ dyed

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About May 28, 2010

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 230.2

Goal Weight: 150 I think, But i'm not sure, maybe less

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I cook for a living so not sampling everything is very hard. Oh and kickin my sugar habit

Following any specific plan: No not really. I cut out refined carbs, stay low on the sugar, low in the calories and increase exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm starting slower this time instead of just throwing myself in full force.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I intend to lose a total of 100 pounds, just you watch me
Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #233  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Default Meet me, SweetEpiphany!

First name: Erva

Geographical location: Washington, D.C.

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: No pets

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Salsa Dancing, Music, Learning about Fitness, Scrabble, Window shopping , Bikram Yoga, Learning how to ride my new bike on actual streets, not the sidewalk

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes / Black Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/27/2010

Starting Weight: 293.4

Present Weight: 288.4

Goal Weight: First Goal is 250; Second Goal is 200; Third Goal is 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love chocolate, and candy, and like many I am an emotional eater. Learning how to channel my stress eating into another activity will be a challenge. Also controlling my portions is a huge hurdle.

Following any specific plan: I am measuring and pre-packaging my food; tracking my calories on sparkpeople.com; working out for at least 30 minutes every day; trying to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night; taking a good multivitamin; weighing in every morning; and keeping an Excel spreadsheet of daily weight, so I can make a chart of my progress.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The biggest difference is that I am measuring and pre-packing my food before I eat. Portion control is hard, and this really helps a lot. I bought a little scale, which makes it easier for me to keep track of everything I eat. I have never minded going to the gym, but I was also bad with portions, so hopefully getting my calories/nutrition in check will give me results.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

First name:Kay

Geographical location: Davis, CA

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets:2 cats 2 saltwater aquariums.

Hobbies/Interests: Saltwater reefing, crochet, crafts in general and the outdoors.

Height:5'5" OK OK 5' 4 3/4"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown hair and DARK brown eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/10/10

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD. I love carbs!

Following any specific plan: I am just eating healthier and working out more regularly. Neither of which I was doing before 3FC!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have 3FC!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't wait to be closer to my goal weight than my starting weight!!

Last edited by KayNicole; 07-01-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Not married, but have a wonderful boyfriend

Children/Ages: Not yet!

Pets: Cat - Skittles (he's all white...anyone else remember the mystery flavor?)

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy reading...I play world of warcraft...and I enjoy spending time with my friends, family, and boyfriend.

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish...and my hair is a light red right now...working on getting it blonde. I'm naturally a brunette.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/2/2010 (First WW meeting tonight, then grocery shopping and cooking for the weekend)

Starting Weight: 184.4

Present Weight: 184.4

Goal Weight: 1st goal: 175 (5%)...2nd goal: 166 (10%)...3rd goal: 150!...Final goal?: Potentially 145, depending on how I feel and look at 145.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not throwing (for a single day or whole week) in the towel because I missed a workout or ate poorly. I have that thought process. I need to learn to get over it, and do better next time.

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers! My mother is a lifetime member and when I was whining and having a pity party, she suggested it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have the support of others. I was successful before losing some weight, but I didn't keep it off. I didn't talk to other people about it. I was shy. Instead of being proud. I'll have my mom's support, I've already spoken to my boyfriend about it, I'll have WW meeting support and of course I'll have the support of all of you! I'm putting myself out there. I have to be accountable for my actions.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm ready!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

First name: Jamie

Geographical location: CT

Marital Status: Taken

Occupation: Personal assistant/nanny and freelance makeup artist

Pets: 2 dogs, a pug and a pitbull and one cat. O and a little hampster named Stevie

Hobbies/Interests: anything beauty related, working out, being outside, horseback riding and cars

Height: 4'11''

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown, and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off for the last 4 years, but really started getting serious about it about 2 months ago

Starting Weight: I was 100 pounds before I gained weight, and after all my weight gain I was 164

Present Weight: 142

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my eating habits. I can't eat like I was when I was 100 pounds, because that's what got me here in the first place

Following any specific plan: working out everyday and portion control

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have stuck with it for 2 months whereas before I'd go to the gym one day a week and then not understand why I wasn't losing weight. I'm actually excited to go work out and hit the gym and I enjoy trying on my "skinny" clothes and actually have them fit

Anything else you would like to share with us: 3FC has helped me learn alot and has helped me realize that there a million people out there that are trying to do what I am doing. And that's my motivation
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #237  
Dagny

S/C/G: 145/140.8/115

First name: Dagny**

Geographical location: MS

Marital Status: married to my high-school sweetheart, Alex, 8 years in August

Children/Ages: seven year old son, Patrick, and a 5 year old daughter, Joan

Pets: one beagle

Hobbies/Interests: photography, running, camping, reading, movies, cooking

Eye/Hair Color: brown (both)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Originally, Sept. 2006. I went from 160-125. Since 2008 the weight has slowly been creeping back up again. Starting fresh June 29 2010

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 142.6

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time and stress! I am an emotional eater which is something I need to really work on. Also- my husband and I have 2 full time jobs and 2 part time jobs between us, so finding time when I am not working and not needed with the kids is a struggle.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time around I know that I can do it. I've done it before. And I have a lot more information now than I did when I started 4 years ago.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
**names changed for privacy purposes. Plus, it's more fun!

Last edited by Mommy in Motion; 07-02-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5 5

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: Kentucky, USA (for now)

Marital Status: Married <3

Pets: 3 dogs- Gracie, Jetta, and Avery
4 Molly Fish, and 1 Guppy

Hobbies/Interests: I like crafting, reading, photography, I'm addicted to forums that are related to my interest, and connecting with people who like what I like.

Height: approx 5 5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Hiar, Blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Approx May 2010

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight:207

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cutting back on the chips, snack, and other junk food. And finding motivation to get off me butt!

Following any specific plan: Trying to eat better foods, and even if I don't work out a specific day, to try to keep moving.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I am serious about losing weight, I really want to make a change this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us:My husband recently joined the USAF and will be leaving for BMT in a couple weeks. I am really going to try to kick it into gear and surprise him with the new me at his graduation. Not only to be thinner for him, but so I will be able to keep up with him after he goes through basic, and I will be able to do the things we wants to go out and do for recreation. So I will be around here more often looking for advice, support, and healthy eating ideas/recipes.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #239  
Cathy&amp;Ella'sMommy

S/C/G: 259/169/125

Height: 5'8

First name:Lily

Geographical location:New York City

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:18 month Twins

Pets:Yorkie

Hobbies/Interests:Photography,Crafts,Cooking

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01/2009

Starting Weight:259

Present Weight:169

Goal Weight:125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Food I tend to eat whatevr I want I need to learn to curb my cravings and use healthier alternatives.

Following any specific plan:NO

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I want all my baby weight gone,I havent been overweight until my pregnancy.

Anything else you would like to share with us:[/QUOTE]
Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'6"

First name: Stephanie, but I prefer Steff.

Geographical location: Jacksonville, FL

Marital Status: i'm dating someone

Pets: a dog named Reagan. she's my other half.

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, scrap booking, photography, and drinking wine with my best friends.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ugh. tomorrow?

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: same

Goal Weight: 150 i think. i really have a size i want to be.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: just to get motivated.

Following any specific plan: cutting out a lot of the crap i eat, working out..

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: it's a long story, but i'm disgusted with myself and i want to lose it so bad.

Anything else you would like to share with us: no, i don't think so.

Last edited by steffs; 07-04-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: .
Closed Thread