20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Stephanie (call me Steph please, lol)

Geographical location: fort hood, tx

Marital Status: married (almost 5 years)

Children/Ages: CHarlie, 3.8 yrs old-- Cassie, 16 months (both c-sections)

Pets: 1 cat, caramel. Shes a rescue.

Hobbies/Interests:i draw, paint, sing, dance, sew, knit, crochet, lol, when i get bored i teach myself something new.

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: my eyes change colors, my hair is naturally so black its purple when the light hits it

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: well this new journey is starting today! march 7, 2010

Starting Weight:170

Present Weight:170

Goal Weight:115 - 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i reached my goal weight a couple months back and then for no reason i put on 27 lbs in 3 days and the following week i put on 13 more, i have plateaued. . .. i think aside from that my second biggest hurdle is i have pretty much lost faith in myself and have no support.

Following any specific plan: i eat healthy, i exercise multiple times a day, and im pretty active.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im failing, im really not sure, i guess because my health is questionable at the moment its putting strain on my weight. however soon we will know if its cancer or not and then go from there.

Anything else you would like to share with us: im goofy, lol??
  • First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None... I can barely take care of myself!

Pets: Do roommates count?

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, painting, baking, coffee, discussion!

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color: My eyes are green and my hair is auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April of 2009, lost 35 lbs. took a few months off. Tried starting again 2 weeks ago, got the flu, twice. But i'm not discourged! I start again TODAY!

Starting Weight:165.5

Present Weight:165.5

Goal Weight:115 - 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to bake! And even more so I love to eat what I bake! And my mouth loves carbs, even though my body (and my weight loss goals) does not.

Following any specific plan: Since carbs are the enemy to my body i'm trying to follow atkins! It seems to fit my lifestyle and my weight loss goals the best!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know what works for my body and what doesn't. I understand how foods work (and don't work) with my body. I know what I crave and I need to get rid of those cravings and fuel my body with the things that it can use for good!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need encouragement! My mom (and my support group haha!) just moved to texas and my dad doesn't really understand my struggle with my weight. So I turn to you all!
  • First name: Susan

Geographical location: Eastern Washington State

Children/Ages: None

Pets: two Westies, Heather and Rowena, one fish, Herman

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, crafts, movies

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on, currently 3/8/10

Starting Weight:260

Present Weight:260

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan: No, working on more vegetables and little to no processed foods/grains

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not doing it for anyone but myself, and it isn't to look good, it is to be healthy

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm not very outgoing, I'm more of a listen and watch type. I'm hoping to try and overcome this and meet some new people who are trying to improve themselves as well!
  • Danielle
    First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Virginia

Children/Ages: None. I may just be a doting aunt forever.

Pets: Two darling cats – Minna and Maggie. (I like alliteration.)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, theatre, being a movie fanatic and a science groupie.

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? Lol. March 1, 2010.

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight:229

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definitely staying focused.

Following any specific plan: No, not really. Keeping a food log and trying to do at least some exercise every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I’ve become sick and tired of being sick and tired. I’m able to look objectively at how my weight has negatively affected my life, and I’m ready to fix that. Also, a work-out buddy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I’m a pretty big nerd? (Pardon the pun.)
  • First name: Allison

Geographical location: Philadelphia, PA

Marital Status: Livin' with my wonderful boyfriend!

Children/Ages: no kiddos yet

Occupation: music teacher and working on a counseling psychology degree

Pets: We're searching for a dog....whom we plan to name Merlin.

Hobbies/Interests: singing, song-writing, scoping out local music, watching a lot of home design shows and dreaming about things I could (but won't) do to my house, biking, museums, getting lost and finding cool things in the process...

Height: 5' nothin'.

Eye/Hair Color: blue-grey / it varies, currently dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2005 is when I started, been up and down, back and forth since then.

Starting Weight: 250lbs was my heaviest

Present Weight: ~160lbs

Goal Weight: Not sure, but I'm aiming for 120 then I'll see how I feel from there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge-eating, night-eating, boredom-eating (the big three)

Following any specific plan: No, just my own brand of crazy. (I was doing LA weightloss in the past, it helped me lose the first 60lbs or so)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Nothing different, just some re-motivation!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love this forum, full of wonderful, happy, supportive people!
  • Thought I would introduce myself other than just in my general post "Coming Out...and Scales"

First name: Maja

Geographical location: Chicago, IL

Children/Ages: None yet, love my sister's kiddos though and want my own one day

Pets: None yet...hope to have my puppy in September if the breeder I'm working with manages to have one of her dogs take in the next month or so.

Hobbies/Interests: movies, singing, music, walking, cooking and generally hanging out with friends and family

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blond (though naturally my hair is auburn)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2000 but have been all around since then

Starting Weight: Not sure...see my previous post

Present Weight: Again, not sure

Goal Weight: Hate to sound repetitive but not sure, I think a size 6 or 8 would be nice

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding the time to work out is my number one issue but snacking late at night is an issue as well

Following any specific plan: No, just trying to eat right and work out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I broke up with a long-term boyfriend when I realized how much I let myself go (not just physically but mentally and emotionally...always put his "needs" and even "wants" before mine...he didn't want to change so the rest is history). Instead, my emotional growth and weight-loss this time around will be about me, not a boy or lack thereof

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!
  • Hello!
    First name: Falon

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Marital Status: in a relationship, live with bf

Children/Ages: none

Pets: min pin/chihuahua named Winston

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, dancing, theater, shopping

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: around the beginning of Jan.

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 157.6

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I am bored and tend to get really frustrated when I plateau, usually that's when I give up

Following any specific plan: watching calories and attempting to work out 4-5 days a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I'm sick of feeling tired, unattractive, out of shape and yucky. I want to be able to fully enjoy life!
  • Newbie!
    Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all!

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Married (going on 3 years)

Children/Ages: None yet, plenty of furbabies

Occupation: Project Manager/Estimator for Historic Restoration Firm

Pets: Two pups and two ponies: Tilly (Praline Shepherd...we made it up), Bugsy (Jack Russell Terrier), Toy (aka Misplaced My Hailo, Trakehner horse), and Trouble (Miniature horse)

Hobbies/Interests: I am all about my furbabies and spending time with the family and friends. I also volunteer as a historic interpretor...Colonial history is my thing.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Strawberry Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01.01.10...this time anyway

Starting Weight: 185 *gulp*

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight:135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time in a packed life for exercise

Following any specific planrying to stay between 1200 and 1600 calories (on the low end most days), with more exercise, and strictly packing lunches for work days.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The photo that changed everything was at Christmas, when I discovered that I was developing a second chin...not cool.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would love to chat with anyone, so feel free!
  • First name: Kelly

Geographical location: South Jersey

Pets: I coexist with 5 mini poodles - Not mine but I live with them.

Hobbies/Interests: WoW, Video Games, Reading, Internet

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Light Blue/Gray - Med. Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Forever, but seriously so today.

Starting Weight: 280 (4 months ago) Heighest Weight

Present Weight: 250ish

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and Fast Food

Following any specific plan: Ordered Nutrisystem Diabetic

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure. I hope something.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at the moment. ^_^;
  • First name: Kaitlin

Geographical location: Chicago, Illinois

Marital Status: Single!

Children/Ages: None, maybe never. I haven’t decided.

Occupation: Full time Undergrad, part time “nanny”, part time bagger

Pets: 1 cat, Elvis. 1 mouse, Arbol. Soon to be parakeet.

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, drawing/painting, reading, animals, anatomy, nature, music, spontaneous action

Height: 5' 6’ and a quarter.

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel that varies from more green/brown/blue depending on the day.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late ‘09 was when I started investing real interest in getting myself in shape.

Starting Weight: 235.

Present Weight: 238.

Goal Weight: 140, more or less depending on how it presents itself.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Night grazing and boredom eating.

Following any specific plan: Trying to work out at least five days a week, an hour some days a half hour others. Watching what I’m eating and cutting the portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel very motivated this time. Something has “clicked“, where it hasn’t in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love. I'm always up for talking here.
  • First name: Nandi

Geographical location: United kingdom

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: I live with 4guys

Hobbies/Interests: cheerleading, swimming

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: varies

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4th March

Starting Weight: 154

Present Weight: Weigh in is Monday

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Im a student so self control is essential to resisting beer pong and late night mcdonalds runs!

Following any specific plan: weight watchers.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im putting in the effort, ive set realistic goals and im going about it the right way and for the right reasons. Im taking it one day at a time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: weight watchers ready meals are my best friend. They hav saved my diet after a long day when i wouldnt have had the energy to cook something healthy lol
  • First name: Beth

Geographical location: VA

Marital Status: single

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, gaming

Height: 4'11"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Nov 2009

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 131

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding motivation

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat healthy and exercise when I can without burning out. My weight is coming off very slowly, but surely.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I love getting salad for lunch at work, and the gym is free, so I have no excuse to not eat healthy and exercise! I really want to be in shape by my 25th birthday and for the rest of my life. I asked myself, "when am I going to start living my life and having confidence?" Also, my boss is really hot...so that also helps with the motivation on a daily basis :P

Anything else you would like to share with us: Reading the forums here is not only really helpful, but a lot of fun, too. I think I've tried joining a weight loss community in the past and it wasn't very entertaining.
  • First name: Natasha

Geographical location: South-East

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls - aged 2, 3 months and 3 months (twins)

Pets: Richard the hamster

Hobbies/Interests: My children, reading, singing, babywearing,

Height: 5ft 6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/03/10

Starting Weight: 210lbs after having the twins, 185lbs on first day of diet

Goal Weight: 133lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Grazing, boredom snacking - eating out of habbit (I do it before I realise I have done it! My solution has been not to buy anything unhealthy I could snack on!)

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just trying to control myself and not eat 24/7!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have realised I don't want to look like this. I want to be healthy and slim MORE than I want to eat! I have realised the answer to my weight loss is simple - Just say NO!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was obese in high school from the ages of 14 to 16 and a half... At 16 I decided enough was enough and took to running, cycling and walking alternately doing one of these every day. I swapped unhealthy snacks for healthier alternatives and over the course of a year I came down from a 15 stone size 18-20 to a 9stone 7lbs size 10! I did it then and I can do it again... Only trouble is with 3 babies to look after I don't really have the time to go out running and cycling every day. I'm looking in to getting a wii fit. Does anyone know if these are any good? I thought about getting a treadmill but they take up so much space!
  • First name: Jamie

geographical location: Saskatoon,sk

marital status: mid as well be been together going on 6 years, Jared

children: none yet, we want to have kids in about 3 years

pets: dog- Loki he's an Akita

hobbies/interests: photography, crochet, quilting, comedians, animals.

height: 5'6

eye/hair color: blue/green and dark brown

starting weight loss journey: last year I made a feeble attempt, but this year I've been more focused

starting weight loss:225 (last nov 09)

current weight:212

goal weight: 135-140

biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: consistency, working out, meal planning, not eating out as much er finding something healthy on the menu. Also getting support, my dh does support me but sometimes i need a bit more. I need to talk about it alot, sometimes i just need someone to do it with me.

Following any specific plan?: trying to follow LA weight loss, working harder at that...Cutting out sugars besides Fruits and what not, no junk food. Just trying to avoid bad food in general. Working out more trying 3-4 times a week on my elliptical and trying to walk the dog more.

what makes this time different than your weight loss efforts in the past?: I never really tried before.. This time im actually trying, trying to set real goals.. also wanting to be at my goal weight by next Jan/Feb.
    anything else you would like to share?:

Carrot for every 10 pounds lost~~~
  • First name: Laura

Geographical location: London, England

Pets: 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests: cinema, walking, pub.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started July 1st, 2009

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 166

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Trying to exercise at uni (college) around the work.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting, and as much exercise as possible.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im more serious about it, i never thought i had an issue with my weight but the smaller i get i find i still dont like how i look, so i cant imagine going back to how i was before.

Am currently on day ten of the thirty day shred, and although i dont have any scales at uni ive lost 4 inches already