3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/190309-20-something-profiles.html)

megphilly 02-01-2010 12:41 AM

First name: Meghan

Geographical location: Riverside, CA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Two springers

Hobbies/Interests: Medicine, Psychology, Anthropology, Knitting, Writing, Reading, Music, Movies, Piracy (arr mateys!)

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Various colors of chemically altered hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 1, 2010

Starting Weight: 296.5lbs

Present Weight: 296.5lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My clinical depression, which is of course only greatly aggravated by my lack of exercise and proper diet

Following any specific plan: Not exactly--just plan on eating healthier, smaller portions and exercising as much as I can in the beginning. Don't want to set an exercise routine until I'm adapted to the change and I'm more aware of what I'm capable of.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm being more open and honest and seeking support instead of remaining isolated in denial.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I guess I could share some of my history....I have always been overweight. Even as a little kid I was constantly teased and segregated from my peers, convinced I was slightly less of a person than they were. No matter how smart I am, I still feel like a failure because of my weight. So now I'm being honest with myself and everyone else, putting negativity and toxic aspects of my past behind me and I'm starting again.

minorharmony 02-01-2010 10:12 AM

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Texas

Children/Ages: None (I still think of myself as a child)

Pets: Cooper, a 4-year old Golden Retriever/Chow-Chow cross

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, video games, knitting, anime, and more reading

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Umm... Been going on and off for a while, so we'll just say the start of the most recent--January 14, 2010.

Starting Weight: 172 way back when, 163 on January 14

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Laziness/excuses

Following any specific plan: Counting my calories not so much as to keep under a certain limit, but to keep myself accountable for what all I eat in a given day. Also, I'm cutting back the fast food to 2 nights a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm keeping myself accountable, and am going to try and stop making excuses.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Umm... I guess that I've always been overweight and lived on a diet of fast food as a child. I'm also going to Hawaii this summer to stay a month with my older sister and her family, and I will be able to wear a bathing suit without being embarrassed about it!

morningkiss 02-02-2010 05:52 AM

First name: Megh

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A lab, who has his own weight issues.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, music, hgtv, uhm...chillin' like a villain?

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been a struggle of mine for the last 10 years, but I'm starting yet again, so Feb 2nd 2010

Starting Weight: Uhm 270ish I think.

Present Weight: 270ish

Goal Weight: I don't have one. Well, under 200 is my current goal, and I guess 140-150 would be my ideal, I just don't think it's possible, so I'm aiming for under the 200 mark as of right now.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Laziness, procrastination.

Following any specific plan: Nothing specific, no. Becoming fully aware of what's going into my mouth.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm 25 this year, and I've wasted 10 years of being fat and miserable. I think that's long enough. I also have 4 weddings this year as well as I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next year, so, not being a blimp would be awesome.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't think of anything, but ask away.

MotoSauce 02-03-2010 09:32 PM

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: None yet!

Hobbies/Interests: Watching Sports (esp. football and baseball!), Golf, Cornhole, TV, card + board games, being with my friends and family

Height: 5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: Auburn/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 2008

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to cook bad food! Also, eating out and drinking

Following any specific plan: Low fat/calorie and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Going on a cruise for the first time in 6 years. I wore a bikini then, and I'm bound and determined to wear one again

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to meeting everyone and the support ya'll will provide!

Liljabs 02-04-2010 10:21 AM

First name: Lilja

Geographical location: Reykjavik, Iceland, Europe

Children/Ages: 0 (but I have a nephew 2 who as good as lives with me)

Pets: 1 cat and 2 mice others in the house that I don't own 1 dog (papillion) 1 turtle and a third mouse

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading and sewing I mostly quilt and scifi tv/movies

Height: 167cm / 5,4" (almost 5,5"

Eye/Hair Color: eyes gray-blueish hair dark-brown almost black (starting to go a little gray)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 1 2010

Starting Weight: 88,4kg / 195lbs

Present Weight: 86,4kg / 190,4

Goal Weight: 55kg / 121 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself mostly my depression and urge to quit when my dad's being mean to me

Following any specific plan: just exercising daily and not drinking soda, eating junkfood and candy

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having found this 3fatchicks gives me support witch I don't get at home so I'm hoping that will help me keep on track

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really happy to be here :wave: and I hope to get to know you a lot better :)

sammers1211 02-04-2010 11:22 AM

First name:

Geographical location: Philadelphia

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: kitty

Hobbies/Interests: travel, shopping, reading, cooking, good conversation with friends, drinking, music, being silly, watching trashy tv

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/08

Starting Weight: 320

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: 190-ish?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i love food and i have major issues with self control. i just always have a compulsion to eat whatever's in front of me. i also am an emotional eater and will snack when i'm bored, upset, anxious etc.

Following any specific plan: started with weight watchers which really helped jump start my weight loss and helped me understand how much i'm supposed to be eating every day, but i dropped it after a few months because 1. it's expensive and 2. i honestly couldn't keep up with tallying points day in and day out. i try to still follow it loosely and sort of keep count in my head, but now i'm just trying to eat healthy, not eat too much, and exercise 4-5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm an active participant in my own health now. before i was waiting for something to change, something to happen that would make me take the next step, but i've made a conscious decision to do this and to see it through this time around. and i'm trying to be nicer to myself... i mess up, and i fall off the wagon, and that's okay. we're all human, right? :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: i love having friends to vent to/share with/help kick my *** when i need it. and i LOVE hearing about what's working for other 20 somethings out there....

Ann21 02-04-2010 01:06 PM

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: I have a wonderfulllllll boyfriend of 3 years.

Occupation: I work with housing, and am a full-time college student.

Pets: 2 dogs, a bloodhound (Sadie) and a mutthound (Lilah)

Hobbies/Interests: drag racing, exercising, reading, cooking

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Around late 2007/early 2008

Starting Weight: My original starting weight was 220, then got down to 130.

Present Weight:149 (gained some of it back)

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning how to maintain. I know how to lose and know how to gain.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and working out 6 days a week for at least an hour.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it is SO much harder! It's a lot easier to drop weight at 220 than it is at 149.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to get involved with 3FC! I really like to give and receive motivation!

sucha d0ll 02-04-2010 08:18 PM

First name: amber

Geographical location: east bay, cali

Marital Status: living with the bf

Children/Ages: chicken (4yr old girl), and junebug (11 yr old boy)

Pets: one cat - Lucious; whom i have a love/hate thing with. my kids love him - so i let him stay.

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, dancing, traveling to different places

Height: just over 5ft6

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: my entire life? lol for real on 2/1/10

Starting Weight: this round...292lbs

Present Weight: 289

Goal Weight: 175 baby!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: believing in myself

Following any specific plan: phentermine + low carb diet + excersize

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm about to be 30 years old, and i have no idea what it's like to be skinny. now that i've perfected my 'cool fat girl' personality... i'm gonna blow these *****es out the water and lose a ton of weight. then i will rule the world (of course)

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm here to meet new friends, give/get support.. and just see what's out there. i have no time for negativity in my life - so i'm hoping this is a positive place. :carrot:

GinaLynne 02-04-2010 09:28 PM

First name:Gina

Geographical location: Minnesota and Wisconsin

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:NA

Pets:None

Hobbies/Interests: Exersising(sounds lame I know however my life revolves around coversations about food and fitness), Clipping coupons is arts and crafts for adults, writting letters

Height: 5.6

Eye/Hair Color: Blond and Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 15 2008

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight:183

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Is being around friends who drink and eat a lot of crap food because it is easy for me to fall into those bad habits around them.

Following any specific plan: just recently joined weight watchers because i have hit a platue for over a month

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I have made it more about my health and less about a lbs.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My sister is getting married in august and I am hoping to look amazing in bridesmaids dress.

Michigan Momma 02-05-2010 07:15 PM

First name: Jaden

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: Audree - 2 and Jacob - 1

Pets: 3 dogs and a cat

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Writing, Reading, Drawing, Spending time with family, Working with the dogs, Horse Back riding

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes - Hazel Hair - Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 4 2010

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 226

Goal Weight: 104

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I don't have enough support, I love food and I sit on my butt to much.

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have support and I have people to help remind me to do things.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at the moment...

ncola 02-05-2010 09:12 PM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Philadelphia suburb, PA

Marital Status: Married for a year and a half

Children/Ages: Maybe in a few years...

Pets: 2 cats, Smokey and Louie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Bowling, Music (playing it and listening to it), Watching TV

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ummm... on and off for a few years now

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: Right now, 175. I'll see where I go from there once I get there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own laziness.

Following any specific plan: Eating more protein and fiber, less carbs and sugar (kind-of modified from South Beach)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not really sure. I've been yo-yoing between 200 and 240 for a few years now, depending on my level of self-control. Hopefully this time I can break through to the 100's and keep it off.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just sick of being unsatisfied with my body and health. I know I can lose weight when I try, so I just need to keep on trying.

nicholealyssa 02-05-2010 10:43 PM

First name: Nichole

Geographical location: Currently, South Korea

Marital Status: Married, 2 years in July

Children/Ages: No children but my husband and I are raising my 15 year old brother.

Pets:Babydoll! My kitty :)

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, movies, ice skating, baking.

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:blue/naturally brown/brown w/blonde highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01/02/10

Starting Weight:210

Present Weight:206

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:TOM! Always get side tracked at TOM

Following any specific plan:Counting calories and using spark people.com

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I saw a picture of myself and can't believe how big I let myself get. This is definitely my heaviest.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Hi :)

texaslove 02-07-2010 10:24 PM

Howdy

First name: Julie

Geographical location: currently Atlanta, GA..formerly Dallas, TX

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Reading, Watching TV

Height: 5' 7''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: basically from birth, but this time around 01/04/2010

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: don't know (trying not to weigh myself as it leads to me feeling that I'm not losing weight quickly enough so I gorge myself)

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: losing weight and then gaining it back

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Recently, I was at a wedding with all my college friends (hadn't seen them in about 3-5 years) and they had all lost weight and looked amazing. I felt like the fat one in the group and I hate to admit it, but that thought was at the back of my mind the entire time. I had a great time but never want to feel that way about myself again. I owe myself better.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I enjoy working out and being active but hate the feeling that I have to do it.

IrishMomma2008 02-08-2010 10:56 AM

First name: Beth

Geographical location: Chicago burbs

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Dylan/15 mo

Pets: 2 huskies, 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Eating well, living well. I love to be outdoors in the summer...and I love to cook!

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/4/2010

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 199.5

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not ordering in food on days or nights that I am tired and just don't want to cook for the family...making time for exercise with a husband who works 80 hours a week during tax season, a full time job myself, and a 15 month old son.

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories and doing a balance of cardio and weight/resistance training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've really, seriously tried and put an honest, controlled effort into it. It's my mission.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just happy to have found such a supportive group through all the ups and downs!

arkansasgirl0306 02-10-2010 10:50 AM

20-Something

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Arkansas

Marital Status: getting married on 10/09/10

Pets: 2 dogs (lucy and patches) and 1 cat (suri)

Hobbies/Interests: softball, fishing, canoeing, camping, anything outdoors

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes///Red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/01/2010

Starting Weight: 250.5

Present Weight: 244.5

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on track, i have a habit of going back to the way things were...this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change

Following any specific plan: counting calories and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i have more to be motivated for...i'm getting married in 8 months to a man that means more to me than anything in this world.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I wanna be at 200 pounds before my wedding...That's another 44.5 to go!!!