3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/190309-20-something-profiles.html)

ielena 09-17-2010 02:15 PM

First name: Iris

Geographical location: Madrid, Spain

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: reading, Sims 3, cooking, travelling

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 06/01/2010

Starting Weight: 216

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: Exercise and diet xD

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The way i feel about losing weight, i have understand that this a plan for all my life, not for look more pretty 3 months and after eat like there´s no tomorrow.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I´m glad to be here!!!

awesomelyns 09-26-2010 03:48 AM

First name: Lindsay

Geographical location: Washington

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Chiwiener -Jack

Hobbies/Interests: Crafting, films, reading, writing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/25/2010

Starting Weight:211

Present Weight:211

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: commitment

Following any specific plan: eat natural, less soda, more exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: not much

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm not really adept at online groups/blogging/etc.

ashley nicole 09-26-2010 05:02 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Dallas, TX

Marital Status: Very serious boyfriend of 3+ years

Children/Ages: No sirree bob...no thanks!

Pets: Murphy - Shih Tzu - 11 years

Hobbies/Interests: reading, knitting, crafts, music, watching tv, cooking, shopping, making lists!

Height: 5' 7 1/2" (my boyfriend feels that 1/2" is important! haha)

Eye/Hair Color: Green / Err...blonde. ;)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 21, 2010

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 266.6

Goal Weight: 145, I think. I'll adjust if need be once I get closer.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control, emotional eating, making poor choices because of time constraints.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know what caused me to want to start this time or what is making me stick with it, but I know it doesn't seem as difficult as it has in the past. It seems to be coming so much easier. My boyfriend is working out and cutting calories as well. But we still eat out and live our lives normally. It's amazing how easy it really is.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm an open book...but I don't know what else to say!

shamrockin32 09-26-2010 06:31 PM

First name: Ashleigh

Geographical location: I'm a Vermonta, I do what I want ta!

Marital Status: on the prowl.

Children/Ages: none, thank goodness.

Pets: Cat named Grace and a yellow lab named Lexi

Hobbies/Interests: dance.. it's a freakin' passion.

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: blue.. green.. depends on the day. AAND I'm a brunette, for now.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 15, 2010

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: 251

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating habits.

Following any specific plan: Exercise lots, eat little. WATERRR.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: determination, mannn.

Anything else you would like to share with us: this may or may not have something to do with a guy... and my habits sometimes borderline ED.

missapril 09-26-2010 09:45 PM

First name:
April

Geographical location:
Ontario, Canada

Marital Status:
Single

Children/Ages:

Student

Pets:
3 Cats
Hobbies/Interests:
Exercising, Shopping, Forums etc etc

Height:
5ft 9in

Eye/Hair Color:
Blue/green eyes, Red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
February 2010

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:
155-160

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Binge Eating, No Motivation.

Following any specific plan:
Calorie Counting, Exercise plan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This is my first attempt at weight loss

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Not right now, but maybe later!

LindseyLou 09-29-2010 01:14 AM

First name: Lindsey

Geographical location: Clarksville, TN

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 10 year old rescued Min Pin, Bri

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my wonderful hubby! Designing & creating jewelry...decorating...shopping...

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/22/10

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Trying not to give into the yummy treats my active/fit/thin hubby eats!

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories per day. 30 mins of walking or cardio 5 times per week. Pilates 20-30 mins 5 times per week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I'm more serious because more is at stake. If I don't do something about this weight now my health can and more than likely will get worse as my risk for heart problems and diabetes increases as time goes on and pounds add up. My husband and I are talking more and more about having children soon and I want to be at a healthy weight when I get pregnant and stay healthy throughout and after my future pregnancy. I'm sick of looking in the mirror hating what I see!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just joined today! :)

Marniadec 09-30-2010 07:43 PM

First name: Maria

Geographical location: Thessaloniki, Greece

Marital Status: single

Pets: 2 kitties!

Hobbies/Interests: Sims 3, gardening, cooking, House, dancing...
Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/15/2010

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eat more fruit/veggies and less junk food.

Following any specific plan: I count calories and I exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I decided to lose weight. I was sort of thin up until 5 years ago and only my mom felt that I had to lose weight. This time, it's my decision.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When I grow up, I want to be like my younger brother. He eats all the time and -as we just found out- he is almost underweight!:mad::cry:

krampus 09-30-2010 09:24 PM

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Fukuoka, Japan

Marital Status: Seeing someone, just celebrated 4 years!

Children/Ages: Nope!

Pets: None here. May invest in a cactus or house plant someday.

Hobbies/Interests: Music, travel, fashion, hedonism, just living.

Height: 5'4/163 cm

Eye/Hair Color: I'm Asian - brown and dyed-brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This is my second time around. March something, 2010 - the day after all those BBQs

Starting Weight: 154-6ish (70-71 kg)

Present Weight: 134 (61 kg)

Goal Weight: 120ish (54 kg)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: So far, "those last 10-15 lbs" is proving anything but easy

Following any specific plan: My mom drills this one in: "Eat less, move more"

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Much more exercise and vegetables.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to Germany for New Year/Silvester with a mostly empty suitcase and I'm looking to fill it with new clothes that fit!

Janel83 10-01-2010 01:09 AM

First name: Janel

Geographical location: GA

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: shopping....being with hubby

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2 yrs ago..lol seriously 9/30/10

Starting Weight: 165 when i started wanting to losw...now its higher

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Hubby's eating habits and his need to cuddle right afterwards

Following any specific plan: wii fit progress...no diet plan yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually did what I said I would

irishlassie 10-01-2010 08:58 AM

First name: Maria

Geographical location: Scotland

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: puppy-dog (a tiny little dog that looks like a puppy even though she's over a year)

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with friends, going to the gym, just chilling out and doing brainless things

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2004

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 112

Goal Weight: 104

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being healthy and obsessing over quantity rather than quantity (ie. counting calories but not caring if they're healthy or not - choosing a chocolate bar over a proper healthy meal)

Following any specific plan: trying to cut out simple carbs and avoid pasta/potatoes/bread

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: it's not about the number on the scale, it's about health

Fit4Lyfe 10-01-2010 03:14 PM

First name: Jess

Geographical location: Northern California

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:0

Pets:0 (unfortunately)

Hobbies/Interests:Going out, shopping, friends, travel

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 20, 2010

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight:239

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have no discipline and I can't cook

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories and exercising, I want to start running competitvely

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well in the past I would try to jump on fad diets and starvation, this time I just want to eat what I want, but in moderation and start to love fruits and veggies

I've always been big and my goal is that when I hit 22 next year, I won't be this size anymore. Ever.

kateaclysm 10-01-2010 05:36 PM

Hello!

First name: Kate

Geographical location:Brooklyn

Marital Status:Long Term Relationship

Children/Ages:None

Pets:2, 1 Large Cat, 1 small Dog

Hobbies/Interests:work work and work.

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue /Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June

Starting Weight:288

Present Weight:272

Goal Weight:144

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Years of bad habits, and PCOS

Following any specific plan: I know what I'm supposed to do, I just need to commit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really tried before

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm really excited to be here!

weg4th5 10-03-2010 09:03 AM

Doing well so far on south beach

First name: jamie

Geographical location: eastern nc

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 3 boys ages 8, 7, and 12 wks

Pets: yuck

Hobbies/Interests: photopgrahy, traveling

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: blue, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 16th 2003 after having my second son

Starting Weight:283lbs

Present Weight:206lbs

Goal Weight:145lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it

Following any specific plan: south beach diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i just had my third son july 12th 2010 and want to get into the size 6 clothing i was able to wear before i was pregnant.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i have battled with my weight my entire life. ive done every diet and tried every exercise program. i went from my highest weight of 283lbs to my lowest of 155lbs. i felt very empowered at 155lbs and felt confident and comfortable and proud of myself. i got up to 232 lbs before i had my son. i have been able to get down to 206 lbs with help from south beach. i hope to continue losing. i refuse to waste my money on a wardrobe of plus size clothes. so its my motivation to lose, lose, lose!! :)

JLNichols07 10-03-2010 09:45 AM

First name: Joy

Geographical location: Kentucky

Children/Ages: 2 ... A boy - 1 month and a girl - 2 years

Pets: Dashound- Ali

Hobbies/Interests: Getting online, Hanging out with friends, Cleaning (which I love)

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/11/2010

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthy.

Following any specific plan: No Pops More Water, Less Sweets, & Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I always drunk the cokes and never drunk enough water.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Naw..I hope this experience is faster than planned LOL.

Pint Sized Terror 10-03-2010 11:55 AM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: North Carolina, US

Marital Status:
Happily married.

Children/Ages:
5y/o boy and a 2 1/2 y/o girl.

Pets: 2 large dogs. I have a kitty too, but she escaped a few weeks ago while visiting our inlaws in another state and I have yet to find her. :(

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, singing, cooking, baking, nature walks with the kids, shooting, self-defense.

Height: 5'2.5"

Eye/Hair Color:
Blue-green-gray eyes, dark blonde hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The actual start date was April 2008, but I've stalled quite a few times since then.

Starting Weight: 167lbs.

Present Weight: 156.6lbs. (gained a pound yesterday. D: )

Goal Weight: 115-120, or wherever I feel comfortable, as long as it's a healthy weight.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Insecurity. I'm insecure with my sexuality and femininity in general. It was different before I had kids, but now I find myself increasingly uncomfortable with my body, even while I'm losing weight. People tell me I have a pretty face, and even that makes me uncomfortable. I hide behind my weight and thick glasses because that's comfortable.

Following any specific plan: Avoiding processed food, no binging, no pop, eat veggies/fruit with every meal, avoiding anything with certain food additives (helps with the ADD, I'm told, lol). I still eat cookies occasionally, but I cut all of that out for a long time, so now my body can only process small amounts of sweets or I get sick.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I was REALLY hard on my body. As a kid, teen and young adult I was stuck in binge/purge and starvation diets. I based my need for weight loss on being told I was too curvy. My family was horrible at telling me I had a "ghetto booty" or "apple booty" as young as 12. My heaviest in high school was 120 and I was still picked on for having "cottage cheese" on my thighs. This time it's about what I want for myself, and about giving my body what it deserves instead of punishing it for not looking a certain way. I carried 2 kids with this body! Yea, I have stretch marks and cellulite, but it's still an awesome body!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 26. It was surreal being diagnosed with something stereotypically found in kids. At first I was a little excited because I heard that the drugs make you lose weight, but they didn't/don't with me unless the dosage is too high. They actually make me tired, but they helped out so much!!