3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Any walkers out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/189918-any-walkers-out-there.html)

Matilda08 01-06-2010 10:23 AM

Any walkers out there?

I walked on the treadmill yesterday for an hour and managed to walk 3 miles. Normally when I go to the gym I take classes but I think I want to stick to walking for a while since Ive had better success with it in the past. Im aiming to do 12 miles per week. If you walk do you have a mile mark or and or how often are you walking?

stellarosa27 01-06-2010 10:27 AM

When I walk, I aim to do it for an hour and to finish at at least 3 miles. I'm trying to do C25K right now, so the walking has ceased, but I used to do it 5x a week and it was no problem.

kabaker 01-06-2010 10:45 AM

I walk on the treadmill and I do 45 min. That gets me about 2.5 miles.

LittleKitty 01-06-2010 10:51 AM

I usually alternate between walking on the treadmill and running on the elliptical trainer every other day. I used to run on the treadmill but I have a strange way of running on my toes that I have found it really hard to unlearn and it makes me get swollen ankles after a few days. Usually to mimic the intensity of running I raise the incline and up the speed and walk extremely quickly.

Somewhere (lost in the abyss that is my parent's barn) I have one of those stepper machines. Really small and not overly effective for toning, cardio or weight loss but I think I may go over there and dig it out so that when I am not at the gym, at home watching movies I can do a light workout- every little bit helps.

I have also been thinking of getting a pedometer to make myself get up and move more throughout the day.

ibcnuldu 01-06-2010 11:08 AM

I usually walk 40-50 minutes when I do walk. I used to walk outside, but seeing as it's like -20 outside I'm confined to the treadmill.

Matilda08 01-06-2010 11:08 AM

Ive done the c2k program in the past I do plan on running eventually but its not something I enjoy. I enjoy walking and I enjoy trying to beat my times and things of that nature. I also do the elliptical as well.

HotMamma1 01-06-2010 11:13 AM

I walk on the treadmill too. I can't run as it really hurts my ankles for some reason and I get a bit paranoid:dizzy:

I walk for about 1hr at a brisk pace (not sure what that is in miles). Like little Kitty I alternate between the epilator and the treadmill on different days as well as doing my weights.

I see some others at the gym running like FLAT OUT for an hr or more on the treadmill and I'm like...HECK! I wish I could do that:D

mateosmama2005 01-06-2010 06:15 PM

Thats about 90% of what I do, I go on the treadmill twice a day, 2 miles each time at the speed of 3.0-3.2!! So it adds to about 85min/day.

Matilda08 01-07-2010 11:55 AM

Yeah I actually love it and at my gym they have the ones with the tv built in them. It gives you a total break down. This week ive been reading a good book while I do treadmill.